Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • That new 29er Hardtail in the px/on one news letter
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Cokie – The Whytes have 66.5 degree head angle and clearance at the rear only for 2.3 (I think). But yes it is annoying they don’t sell frames only, I am sure there would be a big market out there, even if they were to price them on the high side compared to their complete builds.

hugorune

So Brant – news is pretty slow and the website and FB page have no updates.  Can we get a release date and more details for the steel 29er scandal?  And can I pre-order?  😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

After me..

WHAT DO WE WANT?!

brant
    Free Member

Content being updated and I think preorder should be open soon.

damascus
    Free Member

The jumping flash looks good.

Brant, any more information about it? Thanks

brant
    Free Member

Brant, any more information about it? Thanks

Looks like it’s going to happen. Just not sure about 26/27.5, disc/canti, repro or homage.

It’ll get sorted.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I can’t wait to order a pair of the steel thru axle 29er forks, so I can replace my carbon fork and drastically reduce my fear of sudden death at high speed.

Does anyone have a link to the newsletter that STW have posted today, with all of the new bikes listed?…

EDIT: nevermind found it https://www.on-one.co.uk/on-one-bikes-current-projects

stayhigh

Not sure if it’s been mentioned previously in the thread but will the new Scandal have sliding dropouts for SS?

hardtailonly

@brant. Sure you have better things to do than sit on this forum answering people’s random questions and personal requests … But indulge me a little further …

The 29er Tinbred … Roughly when is that due, what are the vital stats, and how much? I think I’m done with my FS experiment and just want a 1-MTB-to-do-it-all in big wheel, Ti, modern geo, wallet-friendly flavour please to sit alongside my excellent Pickenflick! How long will I have to wait … and how much ££’s do I have to find down the back of the sofa?

brant
    Free Member

29er Tinbred will be as per big dog.

130mm forked 29er. Takes 2.6in in the rear. Or 2.8B+.
    65 head, 75 seat, good reach, four sizes.

I’m looking at doing a more steady away 29er too with like a 100mm 29er fork too.

Price will be like £700 or so.

hardtailonly

I’m looking at doing a more steady away 29er too with like a 100mm 29er fork too.

Fab!

When?

Price of £700? Frame only right? Full build? I’m assuming £1400-1800ish?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hmmmm Ti Inbred sounds very interesting, maybe more than the steel doobery that peaked my interest back at the beginning of this thread.

1-MTB-to-do-it-all

Isn’t that the sort of thing only someone who is doomed to disappointment would say? Anyone who is likely to find a “one bike to do it all” bike just wants a bike because “all bikes can do it all” surely? The idea any bike might not be all things to all men is iredeemably far into permanent n+1 territory I think.

brant
    Free Member

Price of £700? Frame only right? Full build? I’m assuming £1400-1800ish?

Yes

kid.a
    Free Member

Big Dog does sound good. If it has frame bosses for rack, I can get rid of the gravel commuter too!

hardtailonly

Isn’t that the sort of thing only someone who is doomed to disappointment would say?

Not for me, personally.

Without wanting to rehash this thread … https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/giving-up-the-fs/

For the riding I do, 99% of the time, a good, modern (and, even better, 29er, Ti, and possibly semi-chubby) HT is enough for me. And PX/OO are likely to be able to do that at a price I can (save up to) afford …

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I wish you luck! Or at least more than I’ve had where “one bike for everything” has always been a prelude to another bike in 6 months’ time. My wife otoh has one (hardtail) bike for everything and enjoys it but has no idea why I might want a road bike and a mtb and… Well she has a very good idea actually and it’s that I just want another bike. But she’s wrong…

hardtailonly

“one bike for everything”

It’s not quite that. I have a gravel bike (with a second set of road wheels) and a commuter hack (which only gets used on really mucky days, or when taken somewhere a bit dodgy and might get pinched)

But a “one-MTB”, I’ve done before, for years, and been largely happy with that.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think I just like shinny things…

(mods please delete this post. My wife must not see that)

kid.a
    Free Member

One bike is very appealing from a maintenance point of view. Massive PIA maintaining a few bikes, they all always need something doing, despite them all getting used less individually.

ronshirt
    Free Member

Does anyone know what will happen to the DeeDar frame? If they stop making them will they be reduced and sold off or will it disappear over night?

brant
    Free Member

Does anyone know what will happen to the DeeDar frame? If they stop making them will they be reduced and sold off or will it disappear over night?

Currently on clearance at £179.99 with a new longer boost model coming.

ronshirt
    Free Member

Fine timing, thank you good sir.

Clink

Brant will any of these be sliding drops/ebb so can be run ss as well?

brant
    Free Member

Is SS still a thing?
    Some sliding drop stuff tho yes.

stompy

I’m being lazy and not reading back through everything but will there be a steel gravely type frame with some decent tyre clearance, SS sliding dropuuts maybe?

Something like a Cdf/day one that you could squeeze a 2″ tyre into…

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Any clues to what frame from the list will have sliding drop outs?

miketually
    Free Member

I’m considering consolidating my cross bike (Cotic X) and MTB (SS 26er Inbred) into a single bike – at the moment I do similar rides on both bikes, but each is slightly better in different ways at different points.

Currently thinking of a Bootzipper with a Geoff bar, 1x gearing and fast-rolling 2″-or-so tyres.

Clink

Is SS still a thing?
    Some sliding drop stuff tho yes.

Yep.
    Brill.

ollie51
    Free Member

Yes please. 69.0 HA, potentially 69.5, keep the top tube long enough for mid length stems too pls, boost and not 27.2 seat tube.

brant
    Free Member

Yes please. 69.0 HA, potentially 69.5, keep the top tube long enough for mid length stems too pls, boost and not 27.2 seat tube.

Yes.

stompy

Any news on an ETA for these frames?

Also any Pompetamine type frame on the way?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I seem to recall mid September from another thread

Viewing 33 posts - 121 through 153 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘That new 29er Hardtail in the px/on one news letter’ is closed to new replies.