Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • That new 29er Hardtail in the px/on one news letter
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks rather nice, doubtless the name will be something down right daft but colour me interested. (looks like rack mounts on the rear?)

Obviously brant isn’t allowed to play (feel free to add any actual detail you wish though) but what daft name do you think it’ll end up with at launch?

I’d rather like “space monkey”

wwaswas

BullTrout

eddiebaby
    Free Member

SpamBadger

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

(I’m tempted to suggest “trouser beast” but that seems mean)

Poopscoop

Got a link to the frame anyone please?

bedmaker

Gnotpoon.

Obviously, because it seems to be a tangible thing rather than a rendering.

Poopscoop

Thanks stompy. Nice looking frame that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gaspipegads outta do it.

downhillfast
    Free Member

“Bootzipper”, equally silly name of their new 27. 5 rigid bike.

plus-one

Poontang

Rubber_Buccaneer

BoatAnchor

Northwind

It does look relevant to my interests that, if it were being sold by someone else.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

, if it were being sold by someone else.

I can think of at least one company that will sell you one and you can be sure you’ll not get one made by px

Gnotpoon.

Obviously, because it seems to be a tangible thing rather than a rendering.

That is actually genius.

philjunior
    Free Member

No idea but is this where all the Sick! Bikes have ended up? Are On-One container ship pirates?

brant
    Free Member

BoatAnchor

Bow Tanker

Bez

Wotal Tanker?

stompy

I think it looks pretty good…not much else on the market at the price point at which on one will most likely knock them out at.

Good angles, looks to have plenty of mounts and will no doubt be strong and utilitarian, maybe a little heavy but great for those who can’t afford a new Cotic or an over priced Stanton….. Or for a n+1.

Hopefully some decent, non to loud, colours….

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hopefully some decent, non to loud colours

The finish in the photo looks lovely imo. Doubtless won’t make sale like that though.

montgomery
    Free Member

External cable and hose runs? Tick.

stompy

The finish in the photo looks lovely imo. Doubtless won’t make sale like that though

Agree, a matt clear coat on that and I’d have one…. Don’t mind if it tarnishes under either, quite like the ratty look.

jonba
    Free Member

Bullheart
    🙁

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

External cable and hose runs? Tick

By the looks of it, possibly not only external, but full length outers too.

On the down side the forks I’d just about convinced my self to sell will fit that perfectly.

paule
    Free Member

jonba, that would be superb!

damascus
    Free Member

Brant, any plans for a similar frame in aluminium in raw for those that want something lighter? Thanks

#tally whacker

pimpingimp
    Free Member

My forum username is based on a comment someone once made about my on-One The Gimp in about 2000, and as this bike has basically nothing to do with The Gimp (I.e. the Gimp was a jump bike) I don’t think it should have the name of Gimp at all.
    But I’m nostalgic like that.

I think the name needs to be a northern Double Entendre like their best names are. Reet Ard was one of my favourites.

Northwind

dangeourbrain

Subscriber

The finish in the photo looks lovely imo. Doubtless won’t make sale like that though.

They’ve done the raw before with the Summer Season

Shackleton

Image url reckons it’s called scandal……?? I guess recycling is always to be applauded. Or brant is taking the piss.

Looks nice though. I always loved my 456 despite being gas pipe so am intrigued to see if this is a 29 incarnation.

hardtailonly

And my 45650b. Which I miss. So I’m quite excited about this.

Brant, any plans for a similar frame in aluminium in raw for those that want something lighter? Thanks

This looks like it might fit the bill. Assume this is the new Scandal?

https://www.instagram.com/shedfire/p/Bt-uK5ilTUV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12gl6jxi47ucf

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That would be bad, short of a way off brand price the only thing likely to prevent me handing over my hard earned cash is a gopping colour scheme

matt_outandabout

The orudne
    EnoNo

NettleWeapon
    StickPoker

The Backstop

Maybot

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The Tang Pipe

brant
    Free Member

This looks like it might fit the bill. Assume this is the new Scandal?

https://www.instagram.com/shedfire/p/Bt-uK5ilTUV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=12gl6jxi47ucf

yes

brant
    Free Member

Image url reckons it’s called scandal……?? I guess recycling is always to be applauded. Or brant is taking the piss.

Working title is “steel scandal” as essentially it was off the same geometry as the scandal, but in steel with a straight seat tube.

It’s not going to be called the scandal. Maybe the scandal isn’t even going to be called the scandal currently.

all a moveable feast. It’s been quite fun finding how tied to model names people are, how much people identify by model names.

so this might be a 555, it’s not a 456, moybe it’s an inbred 29. maybe it’s not.

russyh
    Free Member

When are they being realeased Brant? Any indications on price yet? Would love a slightly more modern inbred

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

essentially it was off the same geometry as the scandal,

Wasn’t the scandal quite head down arse up racey?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

This might fit the bill, not got the same tyre clearance but broadly similar

http://ragleybikes.com/products/big-al-29-frame-2019/

brant
    Free Member

Wasn’t the scandal quite head down arse up racey?

The new scandal that I redid recently.

hardtailonly

When are they being realeased Brant? Any indications on price yet? Would love a slightly more modern inbred

£150 for the alu Scandal frame (or whatever it ends up being called) apparently …

srshaw
    Free Member

Although I think this looks ok, it’s made of chro mo 4130. Isn’t that as likely to be as heavy and strong as pig iron?

Call me a snob but I like my steel frames to be of Reynolds tubing, like my Stanton Sherpa (Reynolds 853).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘That new 29er Hardtail in the px/on one news letter’ is closed to new replies.