Home Forums Chat Forum That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…

Viewing 37 posts - 1,401 through 1,437 (of 1,437 total)
  • That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Don’t be a spoilsport Cougar, we are all having such fun. Closing this thread just because we are talking nonsense??
    Since when is there a law against that? Banning talking nonsense will be a sad day indeed.
    Don’t you see the beauty of the thread going off topic? It is called evolution.

johnx2
    Free Member

“Being annoying” is not a crime

Aaaand who said it was?

Some of us might be serving, as well as typing, very long sentences.

aracer
    Free Member

I did think of asking for evidence for that assertion when you first made it, as you appear to be basing your argument on that, but other posters have since proved the point for me.

If some men are incapable of recognizing the calendar is fantasy, then would it contribute to them objectifying women in general?

It would seem somewhat bizarre to close the thread at this point – it has wandered and got silly, but TBH it’s a lot more friendly than it was 10 or so pages ago when it probably deserved to be executed.
    <resists suggesting why that might be>

dannyh
    Free Member

41 Pages!!!!!!!!!!!!

There’s only so many times a scab can be picked before it turns into something nasty and pus-filled.

Not to mention the long term effects of scarring banning.

Cougar

Is there a shortage of internet? Why can’t the thread be left to either drift off into an existential haze? It might right itself, and return to the point in question? Do things have too stay on topic, otherwise they take a trip to a farm upstate?

It was less that the thread had drifted and more that it’s been arguing about what merits a logical fallacy for several pages. From experience, the next step is full-on arguing, reported posts and bans, and it’s Christmas and I really can’t be ringed.

Don’t be a spoilsport Cougar, we are all having such fun. Closing this thread just because we are talking nonsense??

Fair enough. Cart on. Just keep it civil or I shall be mildly vexed.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Vexed? Sounds almost exactly like s….

DrJ

but other posters have since proved the point for me.

By claiming that the Maxxis babes are real?

piemonster
    Free Member

I really can’t be ringed.

Is that some sort of horrible euphemism?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Is that some sort of horrible euphemism?

Or a challenge.

Although, we would have to find out exactly what disgusting act was being described by aforementioned euphemism.

poah
    Free Member

By claiming that the Maxxis babes are real?

I’ve seen some in the flesh

DrJ

I’ve seen some in the flesh

Really? And were they sexually available to you, and the other event visitors? And when they left the event did they still wear their outfits while sitting in their lounges watching TV? Or were they perhaps *actresses*, who went home to their suburban houses and suburban boyfriends?

scotroutes

Indeed. I predict that by the 3,000th post this thread will have become sentient (which is more than can be said for most of the contributors).

aracer
    Free Member

Are you suggesting that appearing sexually available is part of their act?

poah
    Free Member

Really? And were they sexually available to you, and the other event visitors? And when they left the event did they still wear their outfits while sitting in their lounges watching TV? Or were they perhaps *actresses*, who went home to their suburban houses and suburban boyfriends?

yes really as part of my old job as a photographe and no they were not sexually avilable to me or anyone else. They enjoyed the job and went home as you said. They didn’t feel objectified or felt their job was sexist which is the important part and nullifies what that woman wrote in her blog article

DrJ

Are you suggesting that appearing sexually available is part of their act?

I’m not suggesting anything, just repeating what was said ages ago, with regard to the “bum sticking out” pose of one of the girls.

DrJ

@poah – that’s sort of what I expected. I’d also guess, from obervation of similar events, that the “punters” were quite aware that they were watching a show, and not reality.

poah
    Free Member

I’m not suggesting anything, just repeating what was said ages ago, with regard to the “bum sticking out” pose of one of the girls.

scotroutes

I assume she’s illustrating her tyre fitting technique?

sputnik
    Free Member

That move can be seen at any gymnastics event. The Olympics for instance.

DrJ

Tyres? Are there tyres in that picture?

sputnik
    Free Member

Yup, the Mazi Drift .

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

(which is more than can be said for most of the contributors).

Ooooof!

hammyuk
    Free Member

OH! So thats who what she had for breakfast…

molgrips
    Free Member

They didn’t feel objectified or felt their job was sexist which is the important part and nullifies what that woman wrote in her blog article

No, not at all – the writer isn’t concerned for the babes themselves, she’s concerned about other women and possibly herself.

grahamt1980

Anyone else hoping for a tyre calendar for Christmas?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nah – I’ve still got the redheads number :twisted:

outofbreath
    Free Member

Currently watching the 198x Morecombe and Wise Xmas show. Suzanne Danielle in a skimpy outfit with backing dancers in equally skimpy gear.

Wonder what the panel think of that?

poah
    Free Member

No, not at all – the writer isn’t concerned for the babes themselves, she’s concerned about other women and possibly herself.

so **** the babes even though they enjoy what they do just because she thinks its sexist. The author needs to get a life

aracer
    Free Member

Where have you been poah – we did that on about page 1. Let’s try an analogy (it’s an analogy, not a strawman) an actor takes part in a photoshoot for an advert which promotes smoking to children. The actor enjoys what she does, so presumably there is nothing wrong with that?

scotroutes

Does the actor set fire to the straw man?
    Obviously excited to see such a great bike by Colin Cadden[/url], on Flickr

DrJ

Nothing wrong except that it’s illegal because it has demonstrable serious health effects, whereas the Maxxis babes aren’t and don’t. Other than that, excellent analogy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

actor

Sexist.

outofbreath
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

So it’s possible for something to be unacceptable even if the actors involved enjoy it and don’t have a problem doing it?

The harm and legality is irrelevant, the suggestion appears to be being made (again) that it’s only the opinions of those involved in production who matter, something I was exploring.

DrJ

Of course. But now you’re mixing up a tyre advert with Jihadi John.

aracer
    Free Member

No, but I bet Jihadi John would

molgrips
    Free Member

so **** the babes

What? **** them how?

Viewing 37 posts - 1,401 through 1,437 (of 1,437 total)

The topic ‘That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…’ is closed to new replies.