Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,437 total)
  • That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

epic levels of interminable circuity

Wasn’t that the title of the 33rd Yes album?

aracer
    Free Member

Given the name of a Maxxis babe (100 people were surveyed)…

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Didn’t read much of the thread, way to long. Did a search for the Maxxis babes. Kinda like them.

jruk
    Free Member

Tldr.

Anyone mention Maxxis Beavers?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

So when do we start complaining about the Fast & Furious films – cars and babes all over them…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I just spotted that Nanking tyres are going to have a babes page :

Nankang Tyre Babes

but from a quick examination I am guessing that Maxxis would give more grip…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

not that much of a victory – still on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/maxxisbabesofficial

piemonster

Which begs the question why, if 4 perfectly balanced females don’t consider it offensive in the least, why do a bunch of middle aged mountainbiking nerds…?

Actually one of the better points in this thread is raised here.

What this “discussion” really needs is the viewpoint from someone who is being “objectified” A friend (I mean someone I’ve met a few times and gone to the pub with) does that thing at boxing matches where they wonder around holding a number up in the air wearing not that much. Educated, travelled, seemingly well rounded human being, she did post something on facebook earlier this year rebutting the assumption she was effectivly a victim of sorts. I did try and dig out what she posted, but she puts out so much content on Facebook I simply gave up.

Whether you agree with her is not is a different matter. But it’s a first hand viewpoint this thread seems rather hollow without IMO*. I’d direct her here, if it wasn’t for the shame of association. 😛

Instinctually I found myself dissagreeing with her. How much that is a reflection on me, and not her I’m not sure.

*To be fair, it’s a first hand viewpoint that might be in this thread. But I have issues with sentences that are too long etc etc etc. Feel free to be offended I’ve not bothered to read the thread etc etc.

hels
    Free Member

Whoever it was that declared that women dressing as prostitutes was “empowering” for them will be first against the wall when I am elected Supreme Leader. It’s like saying being shot helps with ventilation, and thanking the person with the gun.

poah
    Free Member

how do you know how prostitutes dress?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Whoever it was that declared that women dressing as prostitutes was “empowering” for them will be first against the wall when I am elected Supreme Leader

So you’re saying that woman who dress like that look like prostitutes?

Junkyard
    Free Member

She is saying what someone else said – the quote shows that- ao no she did not say that. Comprehension fail.

@ pie we all know that all women dont all speak with one voice and that the women who do this enjoy it, its not a revelation

I bet in the roman times one could have found contented eunuchs and delighted concubines

Perhaps even some slaves were happy with their lot.

I dont think anyone argued the women were freely choosing to do this and that some enjoyed it we were debating whether it was ok to do

TBH the male [ uber macho] equivalent is I bet we could find dome blokes willing to have a fight to death that does not mean we should let them

DrJ

Err no – the male version would be people PRETENDING to have death matches etc.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So they’re saying that they don’t look like prostitutes?

piemonster

@ pie we all know that all women dont all speak with one voice and that the women who do this enjoy it, its not a revelation

Of course its not a revelation.

The point is this thread needs their viewpoint or it’s failing to account for the full spectrum of involved parties. Middle aged men should not be the sole arbiters of morality.

DrJ

Middle aged men should not be the sole arbiters of morality.

Are you new around here, or what?

piemonster

Hey, after seemingly comparing my friend to a slave I thought it was quite a considered post.

outofbreath
    Free Member

39 pages! Surely it can’t be long before this thread results in a definitive conclusion everyone agrees with.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I disagree.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I disagree.

Sorry. You’re just wrong. Here is a carefully vetted internet link to show as much.

http://www.googledtowithinaninchofmyarguement.com

DrJ

Hey, after seemingly comparing my friend to a slave I thought it was quite a considered post.

She should consider herself lucky – these days the usual way of expressing disapproval of a work of fiction is to show up in a Peugeot brandishing an AK-47.

johnx2
    Free Member

expressing disapproval of a work of fiction

…how is the calendar a ‘work of fiction’?

Anyway, the issue is Maxxis selling tyres without annoying some of their customers.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’ve never seen girls like that swapping tyres in my LBS.

DrJ

You mean … if I show up to Miss October’s house right now, she’s there in hot pants and a crop top, just waiting for little old me? Wow!! Christmas came early!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

The point is this thread needs their viewpoint or it’s failing to account for the full spectrum of involved parties. Middle aged men should not be the sole arbiters of morality.

It does I wonder if the attitude expressed by some on here help encourage females to join our club or not.

No one claimed middle aged men* are or should be the arbiters of morality.

Clearly I said your female friend was a eunuch slave who wanted to fight to the death at least mis quote me accurately 😉

* are you middle aged? You looked much younger than most STWers to me.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Uh-oh….

DrJ

@bongohoohaa – clearly we are shopping in the wrong places.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It does I wonder if the attitude expressed by some on here help encourage females to join our club or not.

The sixth form debating society and hand wringing collective?

hammyuk
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member
    39 pages! Surely it can’t be long before this thread results in a definitive conclusion everyone agrees with.

Monkeys
    Mozart

DrJ

Yes – we’ve put right-on supportive posters on all the common room notice boards but they still haven’t come to any meetings. They prefer to go on trips to objectify the rugby club.

scotroutes

TBH the male [ uber macho] equivalent is I bet we could find dome blokes willing to have a fight to death that does not mean we should let them

Explain why that isn’t a straw man? Posing for a calendar or being a hostess at a motorsport event doesn’t seem much like a fight to the death (though I bet there’s a fair bit of competition)

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have you seen the fight for the GHD’s Scot? 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

I did not say they were alike what i said was it is possible to find people willing to do things we probably would not allow them to do such as fight to death.

The point of this was to show that the fact the participants are willing to do the activity is not a sufficient reason on its own that we [ society not middle aged men] needs to “permit” it.

No i was more getting at the really thick neanderthal sexist closet racists who miss the most obvious of points.

piemonster

are you middle aged? You looked much younger than most STWers to me.

Oh it’s coming along!

gobuchul
    Free Member

This thread is unbelievable.

the really thick neanderthal sexist closet racists

Where does the racism come in?

johnx2
    Free Member

You mean … if I show up to Miss October’s house right now, she’s there in hot pants and a crop top, just waiting for little old me? Wow!! Christmas came early!!

We’re not talking about your fantasies (the above would be a work of fiction – please feel free to type more), we’re talking about photos of the ‘maxxis babes’.

piemonster

No one claimed middle aged men* are or should be the arbiters of morality.

Not intentionally. But the balance of views aired on this thread. Driven by the forum demographics means that this is what is happening.

Clearly I said your female friend was a eunuch slave who wanted to fight to the death at least mis quote me accurately

Actually thought bringing in eunuch slaves was a bit wierd at best. I pretty much assumed an expression of frustration more than anything else. Yes, I know, shouldn’t assume.

poah
    Free Member

the really thick neanderthal sexist closet racists

Where does the racism come in?

same place as the sexism

johnx2
    Free Member

Actually thought bringing in eunuch slaves was a bit wierd

Indeed. I actually quite like the Maxxis eunuch slaves calendar

DrJ

johnx2 – do you actually believe that the “Maxxis babes” exist? I don’t want to imagine the look of disappointment on your face when you wake up tomorrow and discover that Santa is a work of fiction too 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,437 total)

The topic ‘That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…’ is closed to new replies.