Home Forums Bike Forum Tell me about mini BMXs!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tell me about mini BMXs!
    sirromj

Just scrolling down Instagram and saw an adult riding a mini BMX on skate ramp. I remember seeing a couple of young kids on them several years ago jumping off things having lots of fun too.

Maybe it can get my kids a bit more excited about riding bikes again! Maybe it could be a bike we all share and ride? Could it would that work?
    Anyone got any experience of them, riding as an adult and sharing with your children (mine are under 8).

There’s some on Mafia bikes, the IROK for not a lot of dosh. Then some on Halfords for treble that.

What to look out for?

sharkattack

Rocker BMX on marketplace. Dozens of the things.

tuboflard

I’m about to give my Rocker BMX away. If you’re in or near Sheffield you’re welcome to it. Collection only though.

sharkattack

I’m in Sheffield and I’ll have it! I was thinking it might be the way to teach junior how to pedal after his balance bike.

tuboflard

PM me @sharkattack and I’ll let you know where I am.

sirromj

Thanks for the offer but am a long way from Sheffield.

wbo
    Free Member

I’ve got one in my garage I should give to the local BMX club.  Way to small for an adult to ride comfortably, but a fantastic bike for kids

sharkattack

Massive thanks to tuboflard for the Rocker.

I think it’s going to do the trick as he’s already pedalling it already with a bit of support. We’ll have some fun with this thing.

PXL_20240827_144036049.MP

Even the wife has been riding it but I’ll keep those pictures to myself.

tuboflard

Pleasure! Great to see the smile on his face!!

sirromj

Looks cool! How old (or tall) is he (for comparison to my eldest boy)?

I decided to just order one in the end… not sure if it’s more for me or the kids, who so far have shown little interest in it hmnmmmmm.

I’ll need to be patient and give them time to get interested, the youngest (5) can’t ride a pedal bike yet.

sharkattack

Not sure how tall he is in numbers but he turned 3 in June. He’s been riding his balance bike since he turned 2 and he takes it everywhere. We went to Leeds bikepark yesterday and he didn’t want to leave, we had to tear him away.

He jumped on this thing today and was desperately mashing away on the pedals so he kind of knows how it works. He’ll figure it out soon.

sirromj

Ahah thought he made it look big! I definitely saw adults riding these on ramps and stuff (desperately trying to justify non-head purchase).

loum
    Free Member

Quite a few have than at our kids BMX club. They tend to come out for “rocker races” at special times – end of season, Christmas, birthdays. Adults can ride them too, but it can look quite funny on a full size track.
    The rocker races are usually won by the kids about 10 yr old, even against national champs. Fun to watch

sirromj

Just came across this insanity on Instagram. I watched it, was amazingly impressed and thought perhaps I ought to ride mine again lol. Then I read this was his first ride back after a neck injury.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.