Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • Tattoo LOLs
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

Pretty AND well qualified.

lucien

Other than being four letter words, what’s the significance of “rain” & “dogs”? Am I missing something?

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s an album by Tom Waits. Presumably, she’s a life-long fan of his music…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Dogs

xiphon
    Free Member

If Badger is still around, he’ll recognise her.

Clever bod, currently doing a PhD in Forensic Jewellery!

lucien

Xiphon – ty

alex222
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

My mother used to own a nice restaurant in Potters Bar and there used to be a smallish crowd that would always pop in on a Friday night. One of the lads used to always wear a roll neck polo shirt no matter what the weather. I asked him one day why and he rolled the neck down to reveal the top of an Indian Natives headdress, I said “oh I see” then he promptly took his top off to reveal an incredibly impressive Indian Chiefs head complete with headdress. I was astounded at both quality of tattoo and the fact that he must have gone through some mighty pain to get it. He was in his late 40’s and by this time had had 20+ years of it, I think he was a teeny bit bored of it. This was 20 years ago now so gawd knows what it looks like now.

philconsequence
    Free Member

doing a PhD in Forensic Jewellery

KennySenior
    Free Member

So Wiggo doesn’t know what forensic jewellery is then?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have just finished my dinosaur sleeve because i love dinosaurs, not because i want people to look at my arms and go ‘ohhh isn’t he individual’ I’m already individual with or without tattoos. as are you.

So you want dinosaurs because you like them. That is your individual opinion. If individuality didn’t matter to you why would it matter what you are tattooed with?

And I say this (as I have already said) as someone who *desperately* wanted a tattoo when I was younger – I wanted an ‘Eddie’ (from Iron Maiden) done but my parents told me I wouldn’t always like Iron Maiden and I would regret it. I am glad I listened. Even then, over the Millenium I very nearly had something done that was more individual to me but couldn’t design anything that I liked thankfully as now I am glad I don’t have any.

philconsequence
    Free Member

So you want dinosaurs because you like them. That is your individual opinion. If individuality didn’t matter to you why would it matter what you are tattooed with?

because when i look at my arm i want to be reminded of how excited i was about the world when i was a kid 😀 pictures of sailors, anchors and stars from a flash sheet wouldn’t do that. plus… plain skin is boring.

if you walk into a tattoo shop and pick something off the wall for the sake of getting a tattoo for whatever reason then chances are you’ll regret it. but every single piece on me is custom designed to either represent part of my life or evolution. the fact i love my tattooists artwork more than anything i’ve ever seen painted is an added bonus. there are some lessons in life that i never want to forget, when i notice my tattoos they remind me of those lessons. its a bit like getting ‘dont be a dick’ on my forehead but in a much more sexy way 😉

BillMC
    toys19
    Free Member

philconsequence – dunno if it was aimed at me, but I’ll cop to iot anyway. Yep I’m judgmental, what of it? Ironically, by calling people judgmental, it makes you judgmental.

I don’t care what you do with your body, but don’t complain if I, or others, use it as a way to decide how we interact with you.

PiknMix
    Free Member

This thread has been hilarious, thank you.

I have some right dodgy tats, I still love them for the time they represent, Currently working on a 3/4 sleeve to include a galactic, solar system, asteroid, comet theme but keeping it relatively geologically correct.

I am also designing a memorial piece for both my dad and a good friend (the cyclist killed in London by the Olympic bus)and I also want to have a piece with the logos of Sundissential, Gatecrasher, PaSSion, Storm, GodsKitchen and Tiesto’s bird.

some people hate them, that’s cool, some people love them, that’s cool. I don’t care either way, my body, my life, my expressions.

philconsequence
    Free Member

philconsequence – dunno if it was aimed at me, but I’ll cop to iot anyway. Yep I’m judgmental, what of it? Ironically, by calling people judgmental, it makes you judgmental.

I don’t care what you do with your body, but don’t complain if I, or others, use it as a way to decide how we interact with you.

wasn’t specifically aimed at you 🙂

i’m aware that by referring to other’s as judgemental it’s a judgemental statement in itself, but i wouldn’t ever then use that judgement to decide how to interact with you. people come in all shapes and sizes and colours, i don’t see that it makes them any less of a person if they’re different to me so you’ll have to forgive me if i want other’s to see me as their equal in the way i do them.

the fact i can cover all my tattoos and be treated one way, then take off an item of clothing and be treated another is silly. i dont judge people for not having tattoos, but i reserve the right to accuse someone of being judgemental if they’re making assumptions about me because of mine.

toys19
    Free Member

the fact i can cover all my tattoos and be treated one way, then take off an item of clothing and be treated another is silly. i dont judge people for not having tattoos, but i reserve the right to accuse someone of being judgemental if they’re making assumptions about me because of mine.

I have already accepted your accusation, so no need to defend it.

You wouldn’t have to take the clothes off, if you just told me you had a tattoo that would change my opinion of you..

In fact I haven’t actually seen you, or your tattoos, but I already have an impression of you.

I expect you already have an impression of me, but you have never met me. All you know about me is my communications on here (and elsewhere).

Tattoos are a method of communication, just as forums are. Communication is never perfect.

Often on this forum, I say one thing and people think it means something else, just as you have your tattoos for one reason and yet I think they mean something else.

You have to accept that by choosing to have a tattoo people will look at it and have some kind of opinion about you, it’s just a fact of life.

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’s cool 🙂

my only impression of you at the moment is that (hopefully) you’re as chilled about this as i am… it doesn’t bother me at all to be honest. i mades me choices and people make their judgements. if i were slightly less awesome then i might try and fight the cause somewhat in an effort to try and defend all tattooed people everywhere, but fact of the matter is there’s a huge population of people who want tattoos just to stand out for whatever reason.

i’m already a stand-out kinda guy 8)

if it wasn’t for my own tattoos i’d probably be much quicker to judge others for theirs. if we lived in a different culture we might be discussing how foolish people are for not having tattoos.

toys19
    Free Member

Yeah like I said my two brothers and a very good mate have tattoos, I don’t think any less of them.

I just don’t like them, can’t see the appeal and do not like the associations that tattoo’s inevitably bring.

The oatmeal sketch above describes it perfectly..

if i were slightly less awesome then i might try and fight the cause somewhat in an effort to try and defend all tattooed people everywhere,

8)

huge population of people who want tattoos just to stand out for whatever reason.

Do you not think the growing population kind of diminishes the stand out factor?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i do think it diminishes the stand out factor dramatically, and the stereotype of a tattooed person is slowly breaking down… which i think is a positive thing as hopefully we’ll see more people choosing to get tattoos for better reasons.

but whilst there are still people who apply the stereotype, there will be people who think its rebellious/hard/edgy/whatever to get a tattoo.

at least with tattoos you have to admit you made a mistake if you end up not liking it, piercings you can take out, CD collections you can bin and fashion choices can be wiped from memory. i respect that commitment, even though sometime’s i’ll look at somebodies tattoo and wonder if twighlight will still be their favourite film in 30 years time lol

toys19
    Free Member

stereotype of a tattooed person is slowly breaking down

Well it’s changing – it was the gnarly bikers, or military, but now its the chavs..

wrecker
    Free Member

You have to accept that by choosing to have a tattoo people will look at it and have some kind of opinion about you, it’s just a fact of life.

Then you have to consider whether you give a **** about the opinion of the individual. If they’re the type of people who stereotype you, then I’d suggest that they’re opinion isn’t worth much.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah possibly, but what I was trying to get at (although I think I went off track) is that, say, two people were being interviewed for a job flipping burgers in MacDonald’s and one had the name of their first-born tattooed in a script on the inside of their wrist and the other had ‘kill’ and ‘death’ tattooed on their eyelids, would they both be treated the same or would conventional thinking dictate that the employer thinks the former acceptable and the latter not?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

For the record, I know Phil and I think his tats are awesome. Some serious quality work that lifts above just being a tattoo and creeps into the realm of art. I’m actually slightly jealous….. But (sorry Phil 🙂 ) they are only the second best I’ve ever seen. The best was a woman we met at Ladybower cafe last year. My brother (who will never have a tattoo) asked her about them. Apparently they were her 40th birthday present. Full sleeves on both arms, and simply the most intricate and beautiful work I’ve ever seen. I’m not even going to try to describe them. But yeah. Not for everyone. Beautiful all the same. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

then I’d suggest that they’re opinion isn’t worth much.

Wrecker, no-one has ever given my opinion any value, apart from on here where it seems to piss people off..

I’m also just as judgmental about bad grammar

they’re their

ftfy.

warton
    Free Member

If you liked Xiphons friend, I suggest following thugxwife on instagram….

wrecker
    Free Member

they’re their

Really? They’re being they are? as in they are the type or they’re the type?
    Are you sure about that
    I though the their was belonging to them i.e that vibrator is theirs

I’m also just as judgmental about bad grammar

Perhaps you should improve on yours then? 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

I though the their was belonging to them i.e that vibrator is theirs

then I’d suggest that they’re opinion isn’t worth much.

As in the opinion that “belongs” to them. ?

DrP

If they’re the type of people who stereotype you….

Correct.

…then I’d suggest that they’re opinion isn’t worth much.

Incorrect.

DrP

(Sorry!)

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks DrP. Do one glover.

kimbers

the other had ‘kill’ and ‘death’ tattooed on their eyelids,

depends if they blink during the interview 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Blinking (or lack of it) earlier…

DrP

No, Wrecker. Glover was right….!

They’re = they are.
    “they are nice pants”. “they’re nice pants”.

Their = belongs to.
    Can’t be used in “they’re my pants”, even though the pants belong to ‘him’.
    But “That’s their car” IS correct, and how your second statement should be written.

“If they’re the type of people who stereotype you, then I’d suggest that their opinion isn’t worth much.”

DrP

(what the hell am I doing…….!)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

You’re all freaks….

…some with tattoos, some without….

wrecker
    Free Member

I posted in the “do drugs make you stupid” thread….

nealglover
    Free Member

Do one glover.

Same answer as Dr P as it goes.

But never mind.

DrP

^^
    Fair recovery Wrecker, good work sir.
    Tips hat and wanders off, swinging cane and whistling…..

DrP

toys19
    Free Member

No, Wrecker. Glover was right….!

I think you’ll find I was right first!

Also wrecker , if you only post half of my sentence then it will not have the full stop will it?

This

I’m also just as judgmental about bad grammar “they’retheir” ftfy.

is all one sentence.

But, I’ll think you will find it was tongue in cheek, anyway, as my grammar is terrible.

In the meantime, post up a pic of your tattoo/s, I need a laugh.

DezB
    Free Member

xiphon – Member
    It’s an album by Tom Waits. Presumably, she’s a life-long fan of his music…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_Dogs

It could be the band – Raindogs

Or maybe its just her 2 favourite nouns

xiphon
    Free Member

She’s a Tom Waits fan 😉

alex222
    Free Member

She’s a Tom Waits fan

Do you fancy your wife’s mate?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Tattoo LOLs’ is closed to new replies.