Home Forums Chat Forum Tally Ho

Viewing 19 posts - 441 through 459 (of 459 total)
  • Tally Ho
    Klunk
    Free Member

gecko76

Screenshot_20240615-203127

Klunk
    Free Member

what did I watch :? they took  tally ho out the water and fitted a new prop and gave it another coat of anti foul, had to have the new prop adjusted with a diver again. Didn’t notice anything untoward!

Twodogs

Spoiler!

leffeboy

damascus
    Free Member

Some YouTube shorts pt1.

dyna-ti

I bought this boat for $1!

Five years and $700,000 later …

damascus
    Free Member

Five years and $700,000 later …

And the rest! He’s not skimped anywhere!

I’ve always wondered how much he had in savings when he started this. He originally said he would work on it, then go off and work and save up and come back.

He’s had a lot of free labour but he must have been paying staff for the last year or so. I think no feet Pete was the first full time member.

Patreon and YouTube and adverts must have paid well but I’d love to know what his original plans were or was he confident that social media would work?. Watching some of those early episodes when he’s man handling some of these massive beams was what got me watching it. Thinking how on earth is this bloke going to restore that rotting ship on his own.

Now it’s almost done and he’s got 5 or 6 people working on it I’ve kind of gone off it but I’m committed now 4 years on and need to see it to the end.

duncancallum

I agree it’s lost some of its charm

petrieboy

On the flip side I kinda like the organic growth of the operation. Humble beginnings to a fairly significant outfit. And at least he’s actually been able to do it at a pace that’s interesting for the viewers
    I’ve had a few looks at RAN sailing and the duracel project but month after month of endless fibreglass work is kinda tedious to watch

somafunk

I think it’s fantastic, from where he began to where he is now with a team that he has 100% confidence in their abilities and skills is quite something, I’m sure the Sampson Boat Co could have quite an order book of builds and repairs if he so liked in the future.

leffeboy

he has 100% confidence in their abilities and skills is quite something

That’s a lot of what is interesting, not just the boat.  Looking at the sail workshop or how the ropes are wrapped (I can’t recall the word right now) has been a joy to watch.

Klunk
    Free Member

Twodogs
    Klunk
    Free Member

leffeboy

somafunk

Very good short history of the Haida native Indians and beautiful scenery in this video

matt_outandabout

I really enjoyed that one.

Viewing 19 posts - 441 through 459 (of 459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.