Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 409 total)
  • Tally Ho
  • bentandbroken

nickc

“Oh, and there’s also this other system of measurement that uses metric division of inches”

I haven’t watched it yet, but in my apprenticeship they referred to decimal inches and it was simply a case of referring to the fraction at the end as a decimal ‘percentage’ of 1

1 and 1/4 would be 1.25
    1 and 1/2 inches is 1.5
    1 and 3/4 would be 1.75
    The 8ths and 16ths is where it gets a bit harder
    1 and 3/8ths of an inch would be 1.375
    1 and 9/16ths of an inch would be 1.5635

nickc

they referred to decimal inches

If ever it were needed, tacit agreement that the metric system makes much more sense, right there…

matt_outandabout

tillydog
    Free Member

Clark really started something when he polished that first casting…

Klunk
    Free Member

especially for the floors, being almost never seen and covered in 6 inches bilge water 😀

Klunk
    Free Member

he (Leo) doesn’t seem enough “OCD” for my liking! knees should come in pairs!!!!

matt_outandabout

That parrot 😎

bruneep

matt_outandabout

I really enjoyed that one just now. Next couple of episodes she will really look like a boat…

tillydog
    Free Member

Go Pete! – Loved how articulate he was when talking about something that’s a bit more than the usual “Hey Pete! Watcha doin’ ?” type comments. Seriously skilled bloke.

I’m curious to know what the significance (if any) of his finger tattoos is – ‘STUMPED!’ ??

matt_outandabout

CountZero

Note to self: go to episode one of this, and watch it all the way through!

globalti
    Free Member

The best episode ever was milling live oak for the frames in Georgia. The miller’s accent was something else.

leffeboy

The miller’s accent was something else.

As was his mill.  I’m so glad these people are around

towpathman

Agreed – that was a fascinating episode

Klunk
    Free Member

Twodogs

What happened to the other videographer he was getting to help? Did that not work out?

duncancallum

No he left.

I want to know what happened to the chap early on who helped set all the procedures up and made some of the benches

avdave2

Hey Pete, what are you doing?

Well that’s quite an episode!  I guess we now know what the tattoos are all about

Klunk
    Free Member

tillydog
    Free Member

I guess we now know what the tattoos are all about

Absolutely!

What a guy – I had no inkling.

Klunk
    Free Member

i need my fix !!!!!!!!!

leffeboy

this really is one of the great things of the internet and that was a lovely episode.

AdamT

Leo’s Instagram said he’d been ill (not covid) so didn’t manage to get an episode out. Get well soon Leo (I’m sure he reads this thread)

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah!

Klunk
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Oh yeah – really seeing her hull shape now.

dyna-ti

The best episode ever was milling live oak for the frames in Georgia.

Certainly was, but I thought the earlier ones of him cutting the keel were the most interesting.

Mount chainsaw to home made jig. Sit on timber and pull running chainsaw towards you. Honestly I was waiting for him to lose a leg watching that scary technique in action.

Klunk
    Free Member

leo’s such a tart

captainblack3131
    Free Member

chainsaw can, help you with this

Klunk
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Utterly exasperating situation.

Klunk
    Free Member

which neighbour do we recon ? the new house leo mentions is in the eastern plot next door.

bruneep

oh dear NIMBY ahoy

damascus
    Free Member

What an arse! Poor Leo.

I’m glad I don’t have neighbours like that though.

On the plus side he’s going to get a lot of press coverage and his followers are going to increase.

Lets hope one of his followers is a lawyer who helps him out.

It must be sad when that’s all you have in your life and you’ve nothing better to do with your time.

Good luck Leo (with a capital L)

atbr
    Free Member

lots of new patreon supporters signed up today. hopefully that will pay for legal fees.

tillydog
    Free Member

Mary Ellen Winborn, the elected director of Clallam County’s Department of Community Development, said Goolden can raise funds for the Tally Ho.

“That’s the part that was put in the letter (to Goolden) that I did not approve,” Winborn said in a Monday interview.

Sounds strange – What does she mean by that?

matt_outandabout

Sounds like some politics and playing power.

IMO it’s sounding like how best move is to move, to somewhere that wants the project and has all the permissions.
    He’s got more funding and support, take it to a shed/marina/shipyard that can home the project.
    Otherwise he’s going to spend as much effort fighting the county and neighbours.

tillydog
    Free Member

I get the impression that he’s reluctant to move the boat in its current state – he’s got it all set up true where it is, and once the planking and decking is finished she should hold her shape, but until then, I don’t know how stable she is – might settle differently if moved.

(Plus he’d lose that awesome workshop!)

Sounds like he needs to apply for the permit at the last minute and drag out proceedings, but keep working in the meantime in the hope that she’s in a state to move before they close him down. I’m sure he could do without the hassle!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 409 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.