Viewing 23 posts - 401 through 423 (of 423 total)
  • Tally Ho
  • Klunk
    Free Member

she’s an interesting design for a pilot cutter, quite a narrow beam for her length.

gecko76

Klunk

her ais is on and flying a red ensign  !

Did I see British 3 pin sockets? Wasn’t expecting that.

jimw
    Free Member

interesting design for a pilot cutter,

I don’t think she was ever a Pilot cutter, she was built as a ‘relaxed cruising yacht and deep sea fishing vessel’

Klunk
    Free Member

she was never used as a pilot cutter but it’s a pilot cutter based design   ….. with a transom stern so she has a long lwl  with a comparatively short overall length, she’s probably about  1 meter narrower at the beam than a typical cutter with the same lwl.

dyna-ti

I used to sail on a ketch cutter. I think that was about 38′, with another 6 or 7 on the bowsprit. Older than Tally Ho.

The mizzen had been removed to fit a self steer wind vane. Whats more it had a yard for downwind sailing.

In fact it looked kind of piraty, especially with the rope steps on the shrouds.

A good vid popped up on the feed the other week. Really quite engrossing.

matt_outandabout

Came back to say how level she looks on the waterline…

elliptic
    Free Member

She does sit nicely doesn’t she – just a little high at the bows ready to settle down when the capstan and anchor chains go aboard.

On a slight tangent, I ordered a couple of books this week from Tom Cunliffe’s website (one of his videos about sailing on Jolie Brise was linked many pages upthread). Expected they’d be fulfilled from a warehouse somewhere but no, they turned up with a handwritten address and personally wrapped in an old chart of Dartmouth and Lyme Bay 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

tease 😉

matt_outandabout

Mmmm, arty

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

dusty in here today 🙂

dyna-ti
    dakuan
    Free Member

wowzers, been a loooooong time, bit dewy eyed  seeing Raul there.

That brizzle post story…errrrr not sure rags to riches is the trope that best fits leo 😂

leffeboy

wowzers, been a loooooong time, bit dewy eyed  seeing Raul there.

Indeed.  A surprisingly emotional watch

matt_outandabout

Happy day.

fasthaggis

Excellent, it’s been one of the best things I have followed.

Looking forward to it’s first voyage.

matt_outandabout

Me too now! Time to predict voyages.

Without a doubt I think he will bring it back to UK for a visit at some point, maybe even take part in the Fastnet……

Sandwich

Toasted the launch in some of Tuscany’s finest.

There’s still away’s to go with sails and final fitting out though.

Klunk
    Free Member

I want to play Leo at poker, he cannot hid his glee 🙂

somafunk

Shame not to see Pete there for the launch, is he still working in the Port Townsend boatyard or has he moved onto somewhere else?

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah, thought the same, I hope they haven’t fallen out I don’t think Leo would be in this position if it wasn’t for Pete.

woodster

I always assumed they fell out since Pete never got a proper farewell, shame not to see him in the montage, but perhaps that was his choice.

Incredible to see it in the water after so long. It’s a very beautiful boat. And wonderful to see Leo so happy too, he’s mostly looked stressed of late.

Twodogs

It’s really interesting to go back and watch the first several episodes….He was so over optimistic about how much he’d be able to save.

Viewing 23 posts - 401 through 423 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.