• This topic has 98 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Swinley 17th March ? (This coming Sat)
  • razorrazoo

There is still a chance I’ll be there as my other riding buddy may not be able to make our planned ride now.  If so I’m the one in the bright orange helmet riding a mint coloured filing cabinet.

kilo

I’m not allowed to cycle at the moment but mrs Kilo will be there, not fast but slow and steady, like a diesel or the first generation of terminators

weeksy

Excellent mate. Well, excellent for her, not for you.

razorrazoo

My peaslake ride is still happening so won’t be there.  Have a good one.

stevextc
    Free Member

I might be around later but with chatterbox in tow.

I literally just landed at Heathrow…. and have another flight tomorrow morning so I have some unpacking/packing stuff to do… but at least the bikes should be ready to go.  If not for work we’d have been @FOD tomorrow 🙁

We could also end up at Peaselake but I’ll drop Weeksy a text if we are at Swinley and perhaps just say hello at a trailhead or something if it works out.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Good ride? Sloppy as plop out. Running late as usual so did not get out till about 10 (headset bearing seized so had to do a quick swap out). Tried to look out for you guys (based on bike descriptions!) but no joy. If you saw someone on a mint blue 29 plus looking cold wet hungry and angry that was me 🙂 hopefully meet up next time. Always up for a social ride (or a fast xc burn).

weeksy

Good ride, hell yeah 🙂 Was absolutely ace !

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23TxDBa]2018-03-17_01-44-33[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24aVMt1]2018-03-17_01-44-23[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Sure, some of the trails were a sloppy mess.. But overall they were running really well. Was brilliant to meet up with the forum guys. Apologies to Frogstomp for not recalling meeting previously.  Tiger is as per his name, a bit of a beast ! He’s got some power in them legs that boy that’s for sure !

Mrs Kilo is my new man-crush… She’s awesome beyond words. Never heard anyone enjoying trails so much with her screams and whoops. The courage to attack things that would normally see people bail on.. Awesome… Top riding.

I’m very unconvinced by the Fat-bike thing, esepecially the SS version, that just seemed hard work for no real gain (Sorry mate)

Couldn’t have been a more STW meet 🙂 Singlespeed On-one Fatty with weird bars, another Fat thing, Santa Cruz Chamelon, how about a Yeti…. an On-one, sure, we’ll have another of them too 🙂  Not sure what we needed to make it more STW, maybe a Cotic and a Bird just to top it all off.

Lessons i learned today…

1. I much prefer my Whyte on Swinley. Sure, you can ride it all on a HT, hell, you can ride it on a rigid… Doesn’t mean i want to !

2. Non-lockon grips do NOT work in the wet .. I think i pulled the grip off the bar 10 times and it was seriously affecting both my speed/comittment in just about every trail afterwards 🙁

3. My DH/Skills are not up to my XC/pedalling. That’s where it seem i need to focus my attention if i want to get quicker, couple of times i got caught on a descent on the blue and i don’t think it was just down to my grip issues, simply, the guy behind was a quicker rider on the way down… This saddens me a bit in honesty.

Thanks to all for turning up gang, exceptional !

Akers

Good ride everyone! Nice to meet you all.

By the time I rode back to the car at Lightwater, I’d lost several gears. Thought it was slipped cables but turns out all the mud round the derailleurs (and the rest of the bike) had frozen solid.

If anyone wants a GPX of the route let me me know.

Cheers,

Akers (Nick) – Black Yeti, Orange Montaro. 😊

Tiger6791

Some footy-grophs (shout if you don’t like and I can delete, sorry forgot to ask)

Really enjoyed that, thanks for sorting 🙂

‘Duuuuuuroo!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m very unconvinced by the Fat-bike thing, esepecially the SS version, that just seemed hard work for no real gain (Sorry mate)

It was bloody hard work today.  It doesn’t really do so well on the constant bumps of swinley and the single speed is just a self inflicted masochism layered on top of unfitness.

On the other hand, it’s in the shed and won’t be needing any washing or maintenance, or after the next ride, or the next, or the next 🙂

My DH/Skills are not up to my XC/pedalling. That’s where it seem i need to focus my attention if i want to get quicker, couple of times i got caught on a descent on the blue

Downside of zwift, although I could have done with some more in my legs on the climbs!

weeksy

On the other hand, it’s in the shed and won’t be needing any washing or maintenance, or after the next ride, or the next, or the next

I’ve just spent the last hour cleaning mine!

frogstomp

Great ride lady and gents.. was nice to revisit some of the ‘old’ Swinley I’ve not ridden in years.

I’ve just spent the last hour cleaning mine!

Mine needs an hour’s cleaning.. but is still in the car (where it is now unlikely to move from until tomorrow!)

root-n-5th
    Free Member

That was great fun – thanks for all the guiding. Well worth turning up for and really good to meet all of you.

Maybe swinley isn’t ideal for fat bikes, but in their defence they are great fun, comfortable and they grip really well. I enjoyed riding it today.

Really enjoyed today but the legs are now tired – you guys like to push on which is perfect. Feel like I’ve had a proper workout. Let’s do it again.

Like the photos.

Sam, root-n-5th, singular puffin fat bike.

weeksy

More than happy to do it once a month or so guys. Give it a few weeks and I’ll sort another.

kilo

Mrs Kilo here!

thanks for today; great to meet you all and really enjoyed the ride.  No idea how my bike is, I just gave it to Mr Kilo to sort out 😉

see you next time.

Old dear on red Ibis

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To be fair the fat bike was working really well in Crowthorne, and it works (worked?) really well on the man made stuff when it was new and smooth, but the endless stutter makes it really hard to get into a rhythm (especially on the SS when you can’t alter your cadence to suit it).

I’d be up for another in a months time, might have to read Weeksys Zwift thread!

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

That looks awesome!  Should of pulled a sicky.

what routes did you end up doing?

Tiger6791

Mrs Kilo is my new man-crush…

Errrr, 😳🤔😆

what routes did you end up doing?

Bit a blue, off piste on Enduro stages, into Crowthorne, bit a red to clubhouse. Baby stalker the 20,21 and back on marked stuff 👍

kilo

I can assure you Mrs Kilo is all woman.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Swinley 17th March ? (This coming Sat)’ is closed to new replies.