• This topic has 154 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by weeksy.
Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • STW Zwift meet ups and races – Autumn/winter 2022
  • ayjaydoubleyou

Thanks for waiting for me at the start. Just got on the bike at about 7.29 (girlfriend finishing her zwift racing league).
    Trying to start pedalling and do my shoes up didn’t really work… if I ever do a triathalon you will find me in the transition crash highlight reel.

oopnorth
    Free Member

It was good to do one of those again after such a long time away. I’ll try join more as work allows, but I’m away the next couple of Tuesdays.

Cheers for making me test the legs 👍🏻

ayjaydoubleyou

Hit a new max power in one of the sprints. Zwift has given me a badge called ‘1.21 gigawatts’.

It’s only out by a factor of 1 million (1200W / 1.2 kW).

Anybody know the context?

Straightliner

It’s a quote from Back to the Future, where the De Lorean needs 1.21 GW to skip through time.

It’s a geek thing really and while they know 1.21GW isn’t the same as 1200W, it’s what they term the badge.

nixie

Nixie’s return is generally bad for the legs 🙂

Glad to be of service 😂.

Set all time power PBs for 5, 10 and 15s in the third sprint.

ayjaydoubleyou

It’s a quote from Back to the Future, where the De Lorean needs 1.21 GW to skip through time.

Thanks. If I could figure out pictures on here, 2 of you ahead of me with the fire socks have made a pair of flame tyre tracks. So that’s worked out quite nicely!

Oblongbob

Sorry I couldn’t join last night – brutal day at work and felt dead. Next time

robbo1234biking

https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3178977

I can’t ride next Tuesday but here is the link to the ride. Would anyone like to lead?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As last Thursday was a bit thin on the ground I’ve signed up for a race this evening. Not sure if anyone fancies joining me but if you do, I’ll be getting spat out the back of B shortly after 18.30

FUSION Thursday Race https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3171054

I can’t ride next Tuesday but here is the link to the ride. Would anyone like to lead?

In theory I’m happy to pace if needed. I should be fine for next Tuesday but won’t know for sure until Monday.

Tiger6791

Bike is back on the trainer…. and I’m back on the bike.. 😳

My eternal battle with head demons and flab is back on!!

Just had a tickle at a race, starting back from the ground up in CatD

And by god it was hard work………..

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And by god it was hard work………..

The first one back always is.

That said I’m not sure the 101st one isn’t.

oliverracing

The first one back always is.

Did my first one (ever, catD) and felt realllyyyy good for the first 45 minutes. Then the hill hit and everyone who had been around me dropped me, I assuming due to them knowing it was there, before I knew it I had pretty much lost sight. Spent the next 5 minutes slowly trying to claw back and managed to go from 11th overall to 7th which I was pretty proud of and managed to increase my FTP to 202 which was nice as not been that high since uni!

Really enjoyed the racing but can’t decide whether to enjoy the races or whether to do targeted training to hopefully improve more overall in the long run.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve started racing again, with a few cat D ZP podiums to show for it which is better than I was expecting.

I have noticed that the course descriptions are lacking a lot more though – 1 lap has, on more than one occasion, become 1 lap with multiple laps of a circuit thrown in for good measure making it difficult to pace with any degree of confidence.

akira

Started few races again as got some real winter races coming up. First race back got a solid second place, it was category d and there were only two of us but I’m taking it as a moral victory.

john_l
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain do you know roughly how long that course will take to race?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

At race pace, I’m guessing about an hour and 20 to an hour and a half.

Normal zwift [over] pacing would make it a 1.45 ish solo I reckon.

Very much a guess though. It’ll depend how early I get spat out, but I’m hoping the distance will mean the group will hold for quite a while before splitting late. Its not a route I’ve seen before and it’s been a long while since I raced too (I was going to say “raced a full length course” then realised the last 4 words are superfluous) so it has all the hall marks of a roughly 40mi ITT…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Also for anyone who is interested, there’s a Sunday morning hills ride in, UCI short innsbruck course so a short route taking in the city loop and the mountain means leg snapper and the main climb.

2018 UCI Worlds Short Lap https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3180662

I may be badly hungover as its the village pub landlord’s 60th on Saturday…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that was a rude awakening! Seems cat enforcement has made sandbagging worse rather than better!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In theory I’m happy to pace if needed. I should be fine for next Tuesday but won’t know for sure until Monday.

I’m out for anything this week I’m afraid.

DrP

@robbo1234biking
    I’m happy to lead this ride….
    Cheers

DrP

stumpy01

Parents evening at school tonight so not gonna make it tonight….I completely forgot 🙄🤣

doomanic

I applied to join the Zwift club a couple of days ago, have I missed a step? Was I supposed to message someone with my real name?

stumpy01

I think you need to get approval from one of the ‘club admin’.

@robbo1234biking
    or @dangeourbrain should be able to sort it, I think….

DrP

I can’t see you as a pending request….

DrP

doomanic

I am worthy!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Any interest in a group ride tomorrow? Just debating whether I should stick lights on and head out on the bike straight from the office or stay inside in the warm and dry!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Do we have a general Zwift events/races thread any more? Weeksy’s thread doesn’t seem to be used these days.

Anyway, quick PSA…

James Bailey (Zwift HQ) has this morning created an impromptu test race this afternoon, for the experimental Pack Dynamics 4 model that you may have tried in James’ Monday rides in the last two weeks, plus the Zwift Insider Tiny Races on Saturday just gone.

PD4 feedback thread https://forums.zwift.com/t/pack-dynamics-testing-from-29th-october-onwards/592240

12 laps of Crit City, must have power meter, uses Category Enforcement for pen allocation. 1530 GMT today (Tues 1st Nov).

https://www.zwift.com/uk/events/view/3215168

weeksy

when you say power meter, i assume smart turbos are OK ?

I could happily come play at 3.30, i’d be entering C, but if it meant we were all together i could jump in B and get dropped.

edit. entered C

nixie

Yes smart turbo would count.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Yeah, proper power source from turbo or meter is fine iirc.

Not sure if I’ll join or not, if I do I won’t be properly racing, my legs and lungs have been trash since testing positive a month ago. I’d lose the pack in D right now, I was on the B/A border earlier this year.

weeksy

lol no use to my if i’m alone…. get yourself in.

nixie

I may join. See how the legs go on a lunch run first. Keen to give PD4 a go.

weeksy

Well i’m in for it… but unless anyone else joins i likely won’t bother as i raced yesterday so will likely just cruise round instead somewhere.

haloric
    Free Member

I lasted in the front group for about 6 laps, then died.

I’m using sauce4zwift for a while to see if I like it. The draft is all over the place on these PD4 rides.

There seems to be a sweet spot about 8th position/2nd row in a pack where the draft will hit about 170.

When you are off the back of the pack it drops pretty quick and doesn’t grow very quick either as you get back on.

Strangely, after the hill and into the rollers the draft went up to 250+ which is an absolute blast – not sure if everyone is getting that, and it lasts until the approach to the line if you somehow stay in the group. It will not rise above about 170 anywhere through the rest of the lap.

Surfing the sweet spot seems to be the way to hang on, although how you are supposed to do that without sauce4zwift is anyones guess, as there are no visual clues in zwift.

Even with the randomness I prefer this to the usual crit ride on that circuit which is basically blast up the hill, keep going, recover, blast up the hill.

weeksy

Zwift is incredibly dull at the moment for me. All races are 450w for minute1, then cruise for xyz minutes, then either get killed on the hill or killed in the sprint.

There’s no splits, no mini groups staying away or trying to. Just 1 group of lots and then 400m to go it goes bonkers.

As I say, for someone who doesn’t have a sprint, it’s pretty dull.

Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.