Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • STW Zwift meet ups and races – Autumn/winter 2022
  • robbo1234biking

The evenings are getting darker and Zwift is getting more popular again.

The idea of this thread is to get some meet-ups and races going over Autumn and Winter.

At the moment I don’t think there will be a race series this side of Xmas. Although I can do Tuesday evenings the admin burden is quite large and I don’t have time at the moment. But that doesn’t stop us having meet-ups or some ad hoc races.

If you want to join the STW Zwift Club the link is below:

https://www.zwift.com/clubs/fcbd9c17-1ff8-4477-8104-3408856e0084/home

First meet-up is on Tuesday (27th) with a no drop ride with optional sprints around London.

https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3148249

If you would like to lead an event or want a event put on the calendar post up here!

stumpy01

👍

I’m up for Tuesday’s ride I think. Put my name down anyway!

zilog6128

Just getting over another bout of covid, so not too worried about the lack of racing at the moment, defo up for a social ride though! Need to get the Zwift cave sorted first as it’s not exactly ready to ride at the mo 😀

J-R

I’m looking forward to it, as the keystone of my winter training.

jimdubleyou

My Zwift bike is currently adorned with many inner tubes that need patching (I’m pretty lazy about it… )

This might be the kick in the jacksy I need to sort it all out 🙂

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    v7fmp

i cancelled my zwift membership in the early part of this year. STW races will make me re-new it, so i will hold out until they reappear.

I appreciate it must take up a fair chunk of your free time tho Robbo, so understand why we might not see them until post crimbo.

If i do fire up my subscription anytime soon, i will see you chaps in the pens for some socials.

retrorick

Will zwift erase all my previously accumulated bikes and data after a certain period of time if I don’t re subscribe?
    I could do with setting up my trainer as well.

weeksy

Will zwift erase all my

No.

ta11pau1

Definitely up for this, social rides and racing (now I’m at a level where I’m a bit competitive!).

retrorick

No.

👍. I’ve had a quick look on the zwift website and I couldn’t see any time limit on reactivating an account either.

dangeourbrain

Sounds good to me, I got back on the turbo yesterday morning after something of a hiatus and it was a bit of a system shock!

DrP

Sounds good Rob –

I’ll see about tomorrow eve for london sprints (I enjoyed thse workouts!)

Will also have a look into organising group workuots with the elastivc band too..

DrP

robbo1234biking

Bump for everyone to remind first meet up is tonight

stumpy01

….and it’s pretty dull & wet out there ;o)

weeksy

Can’t see me making it matey… it’s dry here and i’m taking my lad to the woods to get his suspension done..would be rude not to ride myself.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I’d love to join but 7.30 will be too early for me.
    Do you think I can join halfway through?

robbo1234biking

Late join is on so you can join up to 30 minutes late I believe. Late join can be a bit ropey sometimes but it is worth a try!

Kryton57

I’d like to join but WTRL is at the same time – a TTT today. Hopefully in a few weeks I can jump on the STW train.

slowpuncheur

I’m in. A nice warm up before Tuesday Night Football. Set up in the Zwift garage is a lot more straight forward that the real world @weeksy 😉 I hope you get your lad’s bike dialled in.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Late join is on so you can join up to 30 minutes late I believe. Late join can be a bit ropey sometimes but it is worth a try!

Ok. I’ll see you at 8 assuming late join works ok!

Straightliner

I think I will be joining you all for a bit of silliness. 🙂

ayjaydoubleyou

Girlfriend is using the turbo for a race this evening, so depends how long that takes if I can join. Is this something I should be warmed up for before we begin, or will it be a gentle start?

DrP

i’m riding IRL tonight… soz homies…

DrP

ta11pau1

Won’t make this, I’ve got a sore throat, sniffles, a bit achey, and a close family member has the ‘rona.

Yay.

Hopefully I can get over it in a few days.

robbo1234biking

Gentle start so no need for warm up before hand.

ta11pau1

Only 400w out the start gates Vs 600w then? 🤣😁

ayjaydoubleyou

I couldn’t find the event 🙁
    Did a solo workout instead

dangeourbrain

Cheers folks. Sort of enjoyed that. Sorry about the chain, I was hoping to get winter “a few more rides” from those chain rings

stumpy01

No one likes a torn ring, dangeourbrain!

Some good sprint action tonight! Good riding all!!

ajaydoubleyou – there is a link somewhere in this thread, rather than it being on the Zwift dashboard.

Straightliner

Thanks all, that was good fun.

ajaydoubleyou – if you join the STW club on Zwift the meet-up invite should be in there.

Finally, for something a little similar there is an AHDR Euro ride at 7pm on Wednesday evenings. Typically 30-40km total, first two thirds in a nice pack and all very steady then the final third is either to continue with the pack or race off the front.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Thanks for that.
    I’m glad I was only there for half of it!

Also I see my application to join STW is pending. Is there some sort of initiation ceremony that I have to undergo?

dangeourbrain

You have to laugh at one of Keith’s jokes. So far no one has passed.

Not sure if it’s a numbers cap thing, I can ban you or revoke your invite but I can’t approve it 🤷🏻

That said being zwift I probably need to be using apple TV via Snapchat

Straightliner

You have to be subjected to Keith’s jokes for a one hour ride….

robbo1234biking

I’ve accepted it now! Didn’t realise there were a load sitting there!

stumpy01

dangeourbrain

You have to laugh at one of Keith’s jokes. So far no one has passed.

Straightliner

You have to be subjected to Keith’s jokes for a one hour ride….

This is borderline bullying 🤣🥳
    I need to work on next week’s material (I didn’t even tell any jokes tonight!!!)

Edit – Just explained this online abuse to my Wife and she just laughed (at me, not with me).

dangeourbrain

So if anyone is interested I’ve popped a Sunday hills on. Nice easy one to get back into it.

Sunday hills, the return https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3156577

Three little sisters.

<30k and <500m across three climbs.

snotrag

Enjoyed it, thanks for the tow back on too. 45 min was enough for me and a bit of a wake up call to my idleness over September.

stumpy01

Just as a bit of a heads-up/reminder about the “Club” events. I am not sure if this peculiar to my ‘notification’ setting in the companion app or just a Zwift ‘thing’ but perhaps useful to some…

Even if you get a notification for a club ride, The club invites don’t appear in the normal events location (either tapping orange Events banner, or going to menu (3 lines) and then events).
    You have to go into Menu>Clubs, then choose the STW club, then Club Events within there.

It’s not that obvious – well, I didn’t think it was.

ayjaydoubleyou

Even if you get a notification for a club ride, The club invites don’t appear in the normal events location (either tapping orange Events banner, or going to menu (3 lines) and then events).
    You have to go into Menu>Clubs, then choose the STW club, then Club Events within there.

It’s not that obvious – well, I didn’t think it was.

that’ll be it. I could see it on my phone, and it said I was going, but when I fired up the zwift set up I couldnt find the event and it didnt offer me the chance to join. (I’ve only done a few zwifts over the summer since the menu layout changed, thought I was just being stupid.)
    I see I have now been allowed into the club, hope for better luck next week.

stumpy01

@dangeourbrain -looks like just the two of us tomorrow for Sunday Hills. Are you intending to ride whatever?

I might end up laying-in….🥱🤫

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.