• This topic has 154 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by weeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)
  • STW Zwift meet ups and races – Autumn/winter 2022
  • IHN

I’ve just applied to join if someone could let me in please 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You should be approved IHN

IHN

Cool, ta

*EDIT* – am I being dim, should I be able to see a list of ‘club’ rides somewhere?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In companion on android:

Burger menu -> clubs

Choose stw

It should show club events somewhere there.

reluctantjumper

Just got home and thought I’d join you all, then spotted the time error and change! Oh well, will be too late for me so will do one of the large group rides instead. Hopefully catch one of the other meetups.

stumpy01

Ah, bugger. That’s a shame reluctantjumper.

Next time…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheers for this evening all was good.

So if anyone is fool enough and free…

The Bell Lap https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3167311

8 laps of the Bell lap/crit City. Results are on, Cat E.

No robbo handicaps though.

nixie

Sorry I had to drop early. Was just getting into the groove and daughter woke up crying. Enjoyed what I was there for 👍.

jimdubleyou

I have signed up, but attendance will be dependent on how well I recover from a night out tomorrow 😉

stumpy01

Good ride tonight all!!

neilarn2

Yes it was a good  workout

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@jimbdubleyou excellent. I think I’ll be rubbish despite not having a night out tomorrow.

So if anyone is fool enough and free…

The Bell Lap

Forgot to mention:

Thursday at 19.30

chrischarles
    Free Member

Great ride tonight guys and everyone’s sprinting was really impressive 👏🏻👏🏻

ta11pau1

Good ride tonight! Felt good to be in the mix with you lot in the sprints 🙂👍

weeksy

Bell Lap, sure, I’m all over a bit of that.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@weeksy thought you might be!

weeksy

Well i won’t be able to compete with the fast boys…. but if any course is going to put me somewhere other than last, this may well be it 😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well it seems last night’s group ride made my commute this morning hard work!

savoyad

I can only ride daytimes for now. This looks good though, I’ll join in again when I can.

robbo1234biking

Any route options for next week? It doesnt have to be a sprint based work out. We can do laps with one of the short climbs in it (e.g. Two Bridges Loop which has a sprint but also a 1-2 minute climb to work on).

Also anyone like to lead?

Tuesday’s at 19:30!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ll try join one of these when I can, but a late return from work and family commitments on Tuesdays and Thursdays usually limit me. I may need to do a late join with cold legs, which will be fun!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Quick bump for this evening, 19.30

The Bell Lap https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3167311

8 laps of the Bell lap/crit City. Results are on, Cat E.

blitz

Just applied to join the group. Tuesdays and thursdays can be tricky with kids clubs but will maybe try and join if snd when I can.

stumpy01

robbo1234biking

Any route options for next week?

Yeah, two bridges loop might be quite good.

Railways & Rooftops in Makuri? Longish railway sprint and a climb.
    Champs Elysee
    Twilight Harbour (Makuri) has 2 sprints
    Or ahem…..Grand Central Circuit which has a sprint & a stiff climb

weeksy

Only 6 people, that’s too few for me to have to kill my legs the night before Rogate I’m afraid. I’ll rest this evening

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that was sufficiently brutal! Cheers for the ride folks, I’m not sure I’m going to have the legs to get out of bed tomorrow!

stumpy01

I wondered how it has gone.
    I might have to try a few of this sort of race over the winter. Looks like a good training ride if nothing else 😆

robbo1234biking

Link for tomorrow night. Sprints and a little hill (taken at a comfortable pace).

https://www.zwift.com/events/view/3170485

stumpy01

Recovery week for me so will join, but try my hardest not to sprint. Probably won’t manage it.

If the weather stays pleasant, I might dip out at the last moment.

Straightliner

Do we think we’ll make 5 laps in the hour or just four? [Clearly working out how much death-by-sprinting my legs will have to cope with.]

stumpy01

It’ll be close.
    Last week was 36km in the hour, but on a much flatter course – we did 84m climbing on those 36km.
    This week’s loop has 73m per lap.

This week’s loop is 7km – so 4 laps are 28km, 5 laps 35km.
    But, we’ll be going slower on average.

I reckon 4 sprints – not that I’ll be doing them (ahem) as it’s recovery week. And I might sneak out on the road still anyway….

jimdubleyou

I’m signed up, but might be late.

robbo1234biking

Less of a lead in this week as well. Ill be sitting at a steady pace tonight – will be a bit trickier to manage the regroups with the hill but sure we will manage it!

Straightliner

If sprinters ease up immediately after crossing the bridge the rest of the group should catch up quite quickly, particularly as it goes gently uphill after the Italian Villas.

john_l
    Free Member

Is this a sprint-from-the-start-and-hang-on thing, or a steady ride with a few sprints for those that want?

robbo1234biking

A fairly casual pace (maybe 150-200w depending on how much you utilise the draft) for the majority of the time with optional sprints. You dont have to sprint at all if you dont want to.

chrischarles
    Free Member

Sadly a non starter for me tonight as got bloody Covid!
    Have fun and see you all soon

stumpy01

Gonna brave the outdoors.
    Not sure riding into a small patch of illuminated road will be more engaging than Zwift but feel like I should get out while the weather is conducive to doing so.

Have Fun all!

reluctantjumper

Saw a few of you had logged on as I was finishing my workout, enjoy yourselves. Sadly the 7.30 start is just a bit too late for me as work starts really early, will see if I can catch one on a weekend or maybe next week as I’m on holiday.

Straightliner

Cheers all, that was good fun as ever. Although Nixie’s return is generally bad for the legs 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.