Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 221 total)
  • STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)
  • captaincarbon
    Free Member

Weigh in tommorrow, its not looking good to be honest. Still getting through the cheese mountian left over from Christmas 😕

riggsy
    Free Member

Im in 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

I’m in! Never done this before but fatherhood and nearing 30 has meant that eating whatever I want as long as I ride seems to be a thing of the past. I’ve hit a ceiling training wise too so I’m looking at that little ring around my waist that has formed over the last year or two.

Started out at 78kg last week. 76.5kg this week. Goal is 69kg by my 30th (end of March in case you’re buying :wink:)

njee20
    Free Member

Spreadsheet seemed incredibly slow – kept saying the connection had failed yada yada yada.

mattjg
    Free Member

Half a kilo dropped in a week, that’ll more than do. I usually find nothing happens the first couple of week then it falls off quickly for as long as I can manage the regime.

(Yeah the spreadsheet can be loading interminably slowly).

mattjg
    Free Member

nearing 30 has meant that eating whatever I want as long as I ride seems to be a thing of the past

You’ll also notice hangovers last longer and take less to instigate.

The only way is down I’m afraid.

mattjg
    Free Member

Battery has gone in the scales

Best excuse so far! 😀

GaryLake
    Free Member

You’ll also notice hangovers last longer and take less to instigate.

That ship sailed a long time ago!

pingu66
    Free Member

Doris has bought new batteries for the scales! Unbelievably I was shopping with her and couldn’t find any anywhere! Fortunately she did manage after about 3 seconds of looking. 🙂 I will have to weigh myself this evening and update the spreadsheet.

Alex

wow that spreadsheet has got a bit bigger since I last looked! 1.7kg down on last week. That’s probably just weeing out 1000 litres of xmas beer 😉 Now just need to make lettuce taste like stilton !

Badger
    Free Member

I’m in.
    Had just started this anyway so helpful to have others to share experience.

mattjg
    Free Member

@RedThunder how’s it going with your ‘goals’?

drifting_james
    Free Member

2kg in week one. Its going the right way… but its gonna take a while… 😕

wurzelcube
    Free Member

This is going to be hardwork… eggs eggs and more eggs followed by sweat sessions in the indoor prison gym – it’s even a workout getting my t-shirt off afterwards.

mazz
    Free Member

just under a kilo in first week.
    Hoping next week a little more off, as there’s some way to go

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The spreadsheet’s knackered. Can we call it off for another year? 😆

mattjg
    Free Member

2kg in week one.

Surely that’s unhealthily fast?

jimster
    Free Member

Aah well, 0.5 kilo the first week, not as good as I’d hope for.

Aiming for an alcohol free weekend this week – last week not good – don’t know if anyone else noticed the witch circling Malvern. 👿

zilog6128

If it was the result of losing body tissue, maybe. But seeing as it’s his first week it’s mainly water weight – which is to be expected if you sort your diet out. I lost double that on my first week of the diet that shall not be named.

IHN

Bugger, slight movement in the woring direction 🙁

Badger
    Free Member

2Kg isn’t unhealthily fast….

I lost 8 kg in two weeks last year…… OK I admit this was two weeks treking and climbing in the High Atlas so it’s not exactly a fair comparison!

High Altitude, 7 to 9 hours hard walking and climbing a day and only as much food as can be carried by our mule is, in some ways, cheating as it takes the will power requirement away from you – rather in the same way that an army drill sergeant makes exercise non-negotiable for recruits – once you’re in, you are going to get thinner!

Wish I’d used it to kick start my diet though as I’d be a hell of a lot better off and by now I’d be just getting nicely into shape, but then without my own personal drill sergeant I’m just going to have to drag my own arse out of bed i the mornings to go to the gym! 🙂

drifting_james
    Free Member

Arrr your just jealous. 🙂

I think its just the water weight going.

Am eating healthily apart from getting no cake. 🙁

mattjg
    Free Member

What’s “water weight”?

endurobadger
    Free Member

i don’t understand the point of the 31st dec 2012 and 1sr jan 2013 weights – as a day apart why are they both listed, and why are they different for quite a few peeps?

bigG
    Free Member

7lbs in week one, hoping to maintain that, or slightly less rate of loss. It did involve lots and lots of riding, and no pies 🙁

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Had a weigh in, 2.4kg’s down which isn’t to bad since I havent really quit the chocolates and ice cream.

nikk
    Free Member

I tried to enter my data, but something is messed up! Sorry if I broke it 🙁

toons
    Free Member
    crispy
    Free Member

Good start for me – 3.5kg at the first week.

EDIT: I know most of this is fluid loss, as most of you probably know too, but nice to get good numbers up first time out…

wurzelcube
    Free Member

The craving for snacks, chocolate, cake and beer are growing stronger… My will power is going to be tested!

mattjg
    Free Member

A kilo dropped. That’ll do for starters.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

94kg, only 0.5 lost this week, can’t say I’m not dissaopointed, i was expecting it to pick up a bit now that the hosue is empty of suggary sweets.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Still in the right direction thisisnotaspoon.

3lb here, very pleased. Using myfitnesspal as my main tool, no beer or biscuits with tea are my biggest change.

mattjg
    Free Member

It doesn’t need to be quick as long as it’s going in the right direction.

Alex

All good here. Hairy Dieters book, no snacks, myfitness pal or as it should have been named ‘step AWAY FROM THE PIE, YES THAT’S YOU I’M TALKING TOO’ and my wife having joined in and gone a bit mental with what we cook. Kids are whinging tho 😉

83.5 on NYD, 79.8K last night. Happy with that. Plan is to be 75k at BST. Really enjoying what we’re cooking actually. Not missing snacks really. Or beer. So far, I think it’s probably middle age kicking in 😉

barkm
    Free Member

Also doing a lot of the hairy dieters stuff. Very pleased with progress so far, steady and consistent is what I’m aiming for, using MFP to stay below 1660 calories a day which so far has been easy. I’ve done every diet type you can think of, but this so far has been the most enjoyable and realistic.

I’m also BURSTING with energy, I mean ridiculously so.

pingu66
    Free Member

3kg in just over a week, quite happy with that considering I had a skinful on Sunday and lunch out. Would like to get to 15st as I will feel a lot better. Best training weight was 14 7 which will be a big ask.

All in all it will save me cash as I will never need to lighten my bike, can buy heavier components and still see an advantage as the best way for me to improve, lighten my ride is to get rid of my fat arse.

mattjg
    Free Member

You lot must be a load of fat chuffers to be able to lose so much weight so quickly.

pingu66
    Free Member

@mattjg

Yes we are!

And it is really frustrating when you see some with a start weight of 80kg and a target weight of 78kg!

That’s just a good shit!

mattjg
    Free Member

amen

I have 6kg to lose, but if I lost weight at the rate of some of you lot I’d have disappeared by Easter!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)’ is closed to new replies.