STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)

Home Forum Bike Forum STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 221 total)
  • STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)
  • kevin1911

I’m in…been promising to los weight for 4 years, and not done it through lack of willpower. Hope this will be a catalyst.

I see a few people are planning on using MyFitnessPal. Anyone want to set up a group on there so you can see how well others are doing to encourage/shame you to keep on going?

Solo

good luck to all those having a crack

Just bare in mind that there are alternative methods for losing weight.
    😉

Solo

I see a few people are planning on using MyFitnessPal. Anyone want to set up a group on there so you can see how well others are doing to encourage/shame you to keep on going?

Isn’t there already, an STW group on MFP ?.

Solo

That spread sheet. Just an idea, but couldn’t you have an exercise log for each participant, on the second page, etc, etc ?.

stevewhyte

My fitness pal group sounds a good idea.

Solo

My fitness pal group sounds a good idea.

Someone did start an STW group on MFP. I don’t use MFP so can’t provide a link. Think it may have been Grum, or Glupton1976 who set it up ????.

I think someone might have deleted most of the spreadsheet 😮

Just thisisnotaspoon and the great ape listed now

Premier Icon MikeG
    Subscriber

I’m in, lost nearly 4 stone with idiet last year but have put just over one of them back since the end of July.

Spreadsheet doesn’t look right though – has someone borked it?

edit: it’s not just me not seeing everyone then!

bigG

yup, some ham fisted fattie seems to have dropped a pie on their keyboard and removed most of the data..

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

Who’s going to own up to that then? 🙂

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Right. Who’s got the fattest fingers? 🙂

Solo

yup, some ham fisted fattie seems to have dropped a pie on their keyboard and removed most of the data..

PMSLMAO !.

Solo

Right. Who’s got the fattest fingers?

He’ll be a hit with the chicks 😯

Is there a finger BMI ?, like an FMI, perhaps F-MI ?…
    😆

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

Very probably it was malicious (or let’s say ‘in jest’) than an accident.

The only way around that is user authentication somehow.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

The sheet usually won’t load for me anyway, it just sits there “transferring”.

allthepies

The sheet has a change log and allows you to revert to earlier versions.
    So I’ve put it back to b4 fat fingers got on the case 😉

The load time is crap however, as per matt above it spends minutes “transferring” before opening, google docs would be much better.

Jamie – Member

Try the ELF diet. Eat Less Food. Simples.

Nothing like using a catchphrase from an insurance advert, to really nail home ones point.

Got your attention though, didn’t it? 😆

forge197

MFP group here

Myfitnesspal stw group

I am cayman07 on there

kevin1911

Thanks forge

wtf, checked back on the spreadsheet and i’ve gained 20kg 😯

Who’s playing with the data??

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Well I’ve lost 14kg already according to the spreadsheet. Who’d have thought that last bit of Christmas pud was iDave friendly?

pingu66

I did really well dropping 18kg, job done pizza tomorrow!

pingu66

I did really well dropping 18kg, job done pizza tomorrow!

Solo

job done pizza tomorrow

Day after, job undone.

Premier Icon marko75
    Subscriber

having problems logging onto the spreadsheet….hmmmmmmmmmmm

Premier Icon lump
    Subscriber

Spreadsheet is working, but took a while to load. First weigh in 5.4 pounds 😀 Happy with that

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

Here’s my take on the whole thing. Written when the wine embargo ended for a couple of days. The results on MFP were not pleasant. Anybody wants me I’ll be hating strava for a couple of hours 😉

Premier Icon lump
    Subscriber
    stevewhyte

First weigh in this morning, lost 3.5lbs this week. Good start happy with that.

had a bad week this week and put on 1 pound, still on holiday this week though so trying harder from tomorrow

weigh in tomorrow 🙁

I weighed 1kg more on day 2 than day 1 so updated my starting weight, otherwise I’m back where I started!

IHN

I’m in, weigh in tomorrow…

pingu66

Battery has gone in the scales so not had a proper weigh in but starting my weight loss this week. I will modify my start weight when I get the battery in the scales.

Weigh in tommorrow, its not looking good to be honest. Still getting through the cheese mountian left over from Christmas 😕

riggsy

Im in 🙂

GaryLake

I’m in! Never done this before but fatherhood and nearing 30 has meant that eating whatever I want as long as I ride seems to be a thing of the past. I’ve hit a ceiling training wise too so I’m looking at that little ring around my waist that has formed over the last year or two.

Started out at 78kg last week. 76.5kg this week. Goal is 69kg by my 30th (end of March in case you’re buying :wink:)

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Spreadsheet seemed incredibly slow – kept saying the connection had failed yada yada yada.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

Half a kilo dropped in a week, that’ll more than do. I usually find nothing happens the first couple of week then it falls off quickly for as long as I can manage the regime.

(Yeah the spreadsheet can be loading interminably slowly).

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

nearing 30 has meant that eating whatever I want as long as I ride seems to be a thing of the past

You’ll also notice hangovers last longer and take less to instigate.

The only way is down I’m afraid.

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

Battery has gone in the scales

Best excuse so far! 😀

GaryLake

You’ll also notice hangovers last longer and take less to instigate.

That ship sailed a long time ago!

pingu66

Doris has bought new batteries for the scales! Unbelievably I was shopping with her and couldn’t find any anywhere! Fortunately she did manage after about 3 seconds of looking. 🙂 I will have to weigh myself this evening and update the spreadsheet.

Premier Icon Alex
    Subscriber

wow that spreadsheet has got a bit bigger since I last looked! 1.7kg down on last week. That’s probably just weeing out 1000 litres of xmas beer 😉 Now just need to make lettuce taste like stilton !

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)’ is closed to new replies.