Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 221 total)
  • STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Updated for me / Bump to keep this thread in my history

jimster
    Free Member

Another kilo off this week. 😀

Trouble is during this cold snap the pies are getting tempting, epecially working outside. 😕

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Well done

pingu66
    Free Member

I much prefer measuring my weight loss in pounds as you lose more (numerically at least). However which ever way it works out even at my initial desired target weight I will be heavier than I should be but from there will be more motivated and start training properly to tone up for summer.

Well done to everyone who has stuck at it and is losing some beef.

mattjg
    Free Member

I weighed myself this morning – I seem to have gone back up 1/2 a kg. It must be all that new muscle!

crispy
    Free Member

114.5kg. 1kg down for the week. A win’s a win…

lump

Another 3.5lbs this week. Nice steady 3/5lb a week. And not doing much cycling at the moment due to shitty weather. 🙂

SilentSparky
    Free Member

3lb here & a belt notch 🙂

mazz
    Free Member

Over a kilo down this week. Happy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve gone up as well! Back to where I started at 94.5kg.

Not happy 🙁

Although looking in the mirror my belly might be receeding back to love handles (i.e. there’s now a down bit under my ribs rather than going out imediately!). I’m blaming it on the lack of availability of any healthy ‘snacks’ meaning the vending machine’s been raided a few times. Brought in a can of soup for a mid afternoon snack and my own teabags/milk and I can have tea without having to go down to the cafe (which has cake and chocolate, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm).

jimster
    Free Member

Not happy here too, 3 pounds back on. 😥

Alex

Fairly happy here. Another 1lb and a bit gone. Definitely noticeable. Another 3ks and I’ll be about where i want to be but it’s going to be hard. Getting out twice a week on the bike is excellent motivations for beer and chips on Friday 🙂

Buying a breadmaker less so. Ace to have our own bread but HOW MANY CALORIES!

Really not missing the beer/wine in the week. Am missing not toasting some freshly made bread with lashings of butter 😉

Jan is such a hard time to get weight off. Stick with it all!

Sam

Going along pretty steadily, trying to cut out a lot of gluten, sugar and dairy. Riding a lot is proving difficult, been hitting the gym a bit and feel as though I’ve gained some muscle so probably lost some fat.

mattjg
    Free Member

2kg down now, that’s fine. I stopped eating wheat a few days ago while trying to sort out a health issue, that must have helped, and I’ve cut my alcohol by more than half. No biggie really, hope it’s this easy to get rid of the next 4kg to hit mid-range BMI for my height.

Solo
    Free Member

been hitting the gym a bit and feel as though I’ve gained some muscle so probably lost some fat.

Aye, some of you’s might want to bare this in mind. The scales are fine for keeping an eye on progress.
    But, if you’re doing a bit of training, esp resistance stuff. Then what you might see is not so much a loss of weight on the scales, but body re-composition.

drifting_james
    Free Member

Another couple of pounds gone this week.
    Its going good but getting harder to shift teh weight.

…and theres plenty more to come off yet!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Is it too late to join in?

Im not exactly overweight as such, just small for my weight, could do with growing another 2 ft or so.

Dropped 5kg since the New Year but out 2 back on last week. Beer.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Being a geek and somewhat obsessive I’ve just had the other half measure me (not my under carriage) chest, fatest part of the tummy and my waist to serve as motivation if I don’t see my weight dropping I will hopefully see the chest increase (t-shirt training) and the others reduce.

LoCo
    Free Member

4kg since new year here, have given up meat (but not fish), booze, cigarettes and biscuits (these are the hardest to give up 👿 )
    Have been turbo training with sufferfests, a bit of swimming along with weights and Pilates. Aiming for about 13 stone (83 kg) as this about ideal at for racing for my 6.3″ height.

crispy
    Free Member

Blip! Up 1kg this week to 115.5.

Still down 4ish kg overall though..

Too much booze and steak!

lump

Another 3lb this week, although I know I went over the top last weekend and may have had to work a bit harder this week to loos anything 😯

Alex

Another 2.5lbs for me this week. Surprised as had a f&c supper as demanded by my wife after she’d spent 3 hours digging out our drive! And a business lunch where i thought I said ‘no, no dessert for me’ and ended up with a massive sticky toffee pudding and custard! Week before i was like a monk and lost only 1lb.

That’s 11lbs in 4ish weeks. More than happy with that. Now 12st4 in old money. If I could get back under 12 stone, that’d be the first time since I was about 30. And that was a while ago 😉

coopersport1
    Free Member

I’m no diet expert but have always worked on and be told by experts that 2lb or 1kg is a week to be a healthy sustainable amount to loose and helps avoid an inevitable bounce back. Appreciate some big guys loosing big numbers in the 1st week or so but take it steady or you WILL make yourselves ill and start loosing muscle instead of fat.

Alex

1800 calories for me at the mo and you can get three good meals out of that. It’s just cutting out the booze and snacks that makes the difference. It’s amazing how much they add up if you have a beer or a glass of wine most nights and a packet of crisps.

The thing that’s changed for me is treats now feel like treats.

madhouse

Might give this a go, will need to convert pounds to kilos first. Will come back when I’ve dug out a calculator!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Haven’t signed up for this but really should have!

Just a question on coopersport1’s post, having lost a stone so far this year I keep getting the comments about 2lbs a week being healthy and am really not sure if I should pay any attention to it?

Diet before the turn of the year was awful and was hardly getting any miles in (would get a chippy on the way back from spinning!). It’s now much better but still 3 meals a day, reduced carbs especially on a non-training day. Switching to healthier chocs or sweets (and much reduced) if at all. Plenty of turbo sessions through the week and getting out at the weekend.

Not sure exactly what I should change to slow the weight loss, I’m feeling absolutely great. Did have a seriously dizzy spell after one hard turbo session but I’d forgotten to have carbs at lunchtime or the night before. Hasn’t happened again.

With a complete switch of diet and exercise and plenty of available weight to loose I’m hardly surprised the first month has shown this kind of result. My events calendar is filling up nicely including John o’groats to lands end in June so I’ve got a target to work for (and if I don’t break 4 hours for the etape caledonia this year I’m going to go nuts!). With such a busy year I just don’t see how I’m going to pile the weight straight back on because I’m loosing it quickly.

Is there any reason I’m doing myself any harm with this kind of diet/eating/training or do I just keep going as I am?

kristoff
    Free Member

@Stevemtb Just keep going,

I’m at 22.2lb loss this year. I have an awful lot I need to loose and have completely changed my diet and out on the bike as often as possible. I’ve not signed up to the spreadsheet as its not often I use a computer and i didn’t seem to want to work on the iPhone/pad.

I’m using my fitness pal and trying to avoid any snacks, any snacks I do have I try to keep to a healthy option.

I’m expecting the huge losses to tail off and hopefully then just maintain a loss each week.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Yeah that’s exactly where I’m at kristoff, using my fitness pal etc. and well done on the loss, that’s impressive figures!

I can see why the advice when dieting is against the big losses but I’m not aiming for this to be a diet. This is a complete improvement of my eating habits and getting into training about three months earlier than most years. I’m bound to slip up at times but with the year planned there’s no way I’ll end up as bad as I have been this year.

Had my first takeaway of the month on Friday (was probably on two a week in December) and felt terrible after. Was very happy that I would have actually enjoyed a steak and stir-fry veg a lot more!

Just wanted to ensure there isn’t a medical reason against quick weight loss or that its not going to mean me running out of energy. As long as there’s not I’m keeping pushing on.

marko75
    Free Member

is the spreadsheet down? cant log in today………..

did anyone try the horizon diet with the fasting? – I am very curious about that at the moment but loosing weight at the moment by no snacking and eating salad sandwiches at lunch time (5kg since the start of the year) – good luck everyone!

kristoff
    Free Member

Can’t see that there would be. As long as you’re maintaining a balanced diet.

As you said the one time you forgot the carbs you felt weak. I think providing you avoid pushing yourself like that regularly (as in making yourself feel faint etc) then I can’t see a problem.

Just had a quick read of this my fitness pal story that made the press… 10stone loss in 12months! Don’t think we’ve got anything to worry about!

Daily mail story

mattjg
    Free Member

Another 1/2 kg this week, that’ll do.

zilog6128

did anyone try the horizon diet with the fasting?

If you do a search you’ll find weeksy’s thread on it. He had some success I think.

drifting_james
    Free Member

Its been good till now – but going away with work and eating in restaurants / with clients is hell!!!!

Alex

Another pound since last Friday. Not done any night riding the last couple of weeks so happy to be losing weight on just one (big) ride per week and myfitnesspal (or – as it should be called – STEP AWAY FROM THE PIE YES YOU…) tracking lack of snackage and zero booze weeks. Going to have to have my trousers taken in!

mattjg
    Free Member

No progress this week – well a couple of hundred grams but I round to nearest 0.5kg so it doesn’t show!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Updated

drifting_james
    Free Member

urrr… the last half stone is proving difficult and the motivation is wavering a little…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

another kg down, 3 in total, happy with that.

mattjg
    Free Member

A kg up since last week according to the bathroom scales, despite riding CYB and Llandegla at the weekend, OK diet and some walking etc too. I feel slimmer too but really doubt I put on a kg of muscle in a week! Go figure.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Going pretty slow for me at the moment, I think I keep getting distracted. Also I seem to put on weight every time I go out for a long ride – which I think is liquid surrounding damaged muscles to aid recovery or something according to the interwebs. Takes a few days for it all to go again!

Still, I did see sub 115kg mid week for the first time in an age, and that would put me pretty close to my best in recent years. Still a ways to go though before I hit the weight I was back in ’95 whilst in Amazonia.

Now do I log today’s weight or my best from the week today….

Having the lurgy is going to slow progress this week I think too.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘STW Fat Club 2013 -(Riders, not the bikes)’ is closed to new replies.