Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes generally good atmosphere but this pre KO stuff is going way OTT now. Started at Murrayfield but they have the excuse of covering up what is coming. Wales have no need. Ok, it’s a night match but even so….

Houns

Mutual respect? Booing the national anthem and booing our kicker

Glad we beat them!

Pigface
    Free Member

Bollocks shit and corruption 🙁 well done England

dantsw13

What a start!! I’ve been “watching” the game via BBC txt in Shanghai – no pics is purgatory!!

I still think no team will win a GS this year. The tournament will be decided by who Italy play worst against, same as last year.

anagallis_arvensis

Seemed a very odd tactic for Wales to just kick the leather off the ball straight to englands most dangerous player all game. Also seemed completely unable to run any set pkay attack all game. Wales also seemed to fade badly and didnt seem to have any zip. Wonder if Gatlands training has gone too far again. Oh well could be worse it wasnt Western Samoa, Fiji or Italy we lost too!!

DanW
    Free Member

Oh well could be worse it wasnt Western Samoa, Fiji or Italy we lost too!!

Give it time 😳

anagallis_arvensis

Mutual respect? Booing the national anthem and booing our kicker

Its a shit anthem!

anagallis_arvensis

I am confident we will not lose to western samoa ever again!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Its a shit anthem!

Fair.

renton
    Free Member

What a quality second half from England.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Ford channel held up!

Kryton57

Ford was quite have tbh. But did stand off a couple.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I agree…our anthem is w@nk….very little booing of the kicker that I heard.

Yeah North was poor…the fact that he should have been on the pitch for most of the match as he seemed pretty concussed possibly had something to do with that.

anagallis_arvensis

The Ford channel held up!

He got run over more than a few times but wales werent good enough to build on it. England won the game in the front five second half. Note that Haskel came into the game second half, it was due to what was in front of him.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yep, forwards win matches (says a hooker)!!!

Red button comments interesting – sir C and jiffy are funny

tinybits
    Free Member

Told you 12trees would play well…

Quite surprised by that, can’t recall desperate Dan doing anything all game and one run by Davies, and that says a lot.
    Great game.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey the bird doing the interviewing is as subtle as a brick

Tom-B
    Free Member

^yep haha

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Booing of GStQ..

Don’t care, if some few Welsh want to look petty that’s their affair. Would much rather have Land of Hope And Glory instead, but we should always sing the 6th verse of the anthem when playing Scotland 😀

dantsw13

The lack of penetration from a fully fit welsh squad must be a worry. Is there no plan B to WarrenBall?

dantsw13

I must say, I’m wondering where Stephen Jones will get his negative article from this weekend. My guess will be ” ah, but if it were NZ then England would have lost”

FFS.

dannyh
    Free Member

I don’t want to point the finger at any one individual but it is frustrating to see North stutter for Wales.

As people round our way say:

“I’m not sure he knew if it was arsehole or breakfast time”.

I’ve no idea what the derivation of that saying is, but I’m pretty sure he was groggy for nearly all of the game.

ton

from a life long rugby league man, that was a cracking game of rugby.
    wales looked good 1st half, thought they had it, but england buckled down and got on with it. haskell and the bloke who got try disallowed where the pick for me.

matt_outandabout

I enjoyed that game.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The bloke that got the try disallowed was Haskell ton aka The Hask, aka Brand Haskell.

Not sure about the comments re lack of penetration from a fully fit Wales…whom exactly were you missing from your first choice starting XV?!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I watched the game from an outdoor hot tub in -3°c with a few beers. The steam from the tub did obscure the telly a bit.

Whilst the game was enjoyable I thought Wales were pretty average. England’s defence for the Welsh try was abysmal – notwithstanding Faleteau’s brilliance.

Couldn’t see why Ben Youngs got pulled off when he was playing well. Sobering to think that JJ was only playing because Brad Barritt is injured.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My main fear is that Farrel gets back into the team.

tinybits
    Free Member

Not in this tournament he won’t.

Wouldn’t mind a replacement lock on the bench next week, otherwise keep it the same.

KonaTC

was it me that the venue noise was controled?

DanW
    Free Member

As people round our way say:

“I’m not sure he knew if it was arsehole or breakfast time”.

I’ve no idea what the derivation of that saying is, but I’m pretty sure he was groggy for nearly all of the game.

If we can see it then surely the coaches can too. Williams looked to have some zip when he made his brief appearance. Wouldn’t be too much of a gamble to bring on the man of the match from a rare SH victory at half time, let alone the second time North was out cold.

dantsw13

Tom B – I liked our starting XV, but undoubtedly Lawes, Launchbury, Wood, Tuilagi and and Barritt would have started if fit.

My comment really stems from the untried England midfield, as opposed to ungifted, when compared to a settled Welsh team with no injuries, playing at home.

loum
    Free Member

Like so many internationals, game was won in the back row.
    Haskell, Vunipola and Robshaw all made good yards.
    Faletau made a little, Warburton and Lydiate didn’t.

charliemort

It was Atwood who had try disallowed wasn’t it?

wrecker
    Free Member

Points;
    Burrell held it all together. Previous stuffs of Roberts being superior proved complete rubbish. JJ a lively presence. Haskell was beyond his capability. Lee is good but not cole good. Watson deserved MOTM, ford was poor and is far from owning the 10 shirt,
    Warburton is a complete menace but can be contained. Wales are better when tips is playing.

Great win, in Cardiff. But a lot changes in a few months can make it worth less.

In all, I’m very happy that we have watson, he’s as good as I hoped.

dantsw13

I’m really looking fwd to watching full highlights of the game. Coming from 10-0 down shows character, which coming into RWC year is very important, IMHO.

theotherjonv

ford was poor and is far from owning the 10 shirt

Did you give up watching after 15 minutes?

He looked a bit rabbit in the headlights with those kicks being charged down early on, but after that I thought he was excellent. Maybe not MoM excellent, I think that belonged in the forwards, probably Haskell, but certainly not poor.

Lifer
    Free Member

Ow my head, feel like Dan Biggar probably does this morning.

Immense first half. woeful second from Wales. Too much kicking (Gatland 101) I was always taught to keep the ball in hand unless you’re going backwards. Play the bloody phases FFS, and as the Joseph try showed TAKE HIS BLOODY FEET! Tackling round the shoulders 🙄

Fair play to England though, really stepped it up in the second half.

What was the Cuthbert yellow for?

As for MoM I think Biggar was the best man on the pitch, him and Halfpenny were excellent.

anagallis_arvensis

Like so many internationals, game was won in the back row.
    Haskell, Vunipola and Robshaw all made good yards.
    Faletau made a little, Warburton and Lydiate didn’t.

That rubbish I’m afraid. The england back row threat was easily contained in the first half but once the england front five got on top second half it allowed the england backrow time and space. The fat lads won the game. Atwood and Krius were very good as was Cole with very little game time. Its sad to see one of Wales all time great players who has won three grand slams over 100 caps and Lions test caps get so humbled twice in a row by England.

Kryton57

Adam and Gethin have had their time. Gethin should retire gracefully, no one wants to see him dribble his career to an end, such a great player.

I’m really hoping Lancaster sticks with this back line. I can’t see Farrell replacing JJ in the centres, and apart from throwing himself into every tackle against 15 tired plays 36 didn’t change the game did he. May needs to be swapped for someone with more position awareness and he’s too frail. Being a Rocket in today’s international backline where space is rare isn’t the only skills you need. Yarde, although not perfect would have stayed out to stand a good chance of preventing that try. Youngs was slow, Care is the better player.

Cole did the Job he was asked to do and stole a couple of balls which compliments out need to lay 6.5’s in the back line, good to,see him back – with a starting performance like that it’s a good sign that he and corbs are on the way back. mako looked lazy moving around the field TBH.

I’d like to see Cips v Italy or Scotland. I think he’d play like Ford did, but with added composure. We need to slot those kicks. I think Ford may have tried to emulate Cips rather than Farrell, and the ball was passed much flatter.

Haskell a man possessed, he’s been playing like that for Wasps and is real threat on the loose, him and Robshaw similar but different

North should have been off the pitch, that needs looking at tbh.

That light show was a farce, WRU should be fined IMO for the stupid games and the delay to the match. Good on Robshaw for standing tall, but then being he better man and walking onto the pitch – albeit with the Caviat. We had the last word in the end.

Great match and as we’ve waited for for so long with England, as said above the Team with the most Tries won. I thinking the end score was fitting.

charliemort

I thought a-w jones (special effort to get the hyphen in right place…..) was probably mom…. seemed to tackle everything

impressed by kruis too – second row was pretty impressive for supposed 4th and 5th choice

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.