Home Forums Chat Forum STOP!!! No Bratwurst at Aldi / Lidl. Why? Where? When?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • STOP!!! No Bratwurst at Aldi / Lidl. Why? Where? When?
  • bigblackshed

This has now become a life changing event. Neither Aldi or Lidl haven’t had Bratwurst for nearly as long as I can remember. Aldi proclaimed that it was now “seasonal”, but apart from Oktorfest when exactly is “sausage season”?

I’m making do with Bockwurst, but I “need” a Bratwurst fix.

Damn it! I need a nice big sausage!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Find a Polish deli, their sausages are far superior to the stuff you got in Lidl. Still miss the packets of kabanos though, it’s a hell of a drive to get any now.

munkyboy
    Free Member

I feel your pain. The lidl ones where one of the only meals in the ven diagram of fussy eating that the whole family ate. They do chunky ones still but they are rubbish.

roadworrier

Just try and stay calm OP.

Help is on the way…

Tesco (larger stores only): Tesco Bratwurst

At least as good as the Lidl ones IMHO. Skin a bit thick though.

Polish deli a good shout, but my Polish is terrible and I end up buying stuff that looks like a Bratwurst but is something else entirely.

Your honour.

RoterStern
    Free Member

No they definitely have Bratwürste here in Aldi and Lidl. Penny, Netto, Marktkauf and Konsum, too. It is after all the Bratwurst season here atm ( if you’re into that kind of thing).

squirrelking
    Free Member

I just ask for sausage, last time was village sausage, very nice and had rosemary or something similar up the outside. The sliced pork loin is lovely too.

Some handy translations *drool*
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/polish-sausages-you-will-love-1137101

binners

WHAT?!! Ald bratties are the first thing on any self-respecting barby shopping list

maccruiskeen

I think someone is going to have to hammer frozen sausages into their lorne

Saccades
    Free Member

There are thousands of them for sale in Ireland at the moment.

/Smug, bratwurst filled grin.

alpin
    Free Member

Do you really think that a Bratwurst is better than a British sausage?

Genuinely one of the things I miss is a decent sausage.

Most of the Bratwürste are minced to **** and have no real texture nor flavour.

v8ninety

Do you really think that a Bratwurst is better than a British sausage?

Not better per se, but a different beast. Part of the great tapestry of sausage life.

maccruiskeen

colp

You might be able to get hold of some of the Bavarian sausages stuffed with cheese.
    Obviously, that’s the wurst kase scenario.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Reading that gave my eyes cancer. Get out!

Not better per se, but a different beast. Part of the great tapestry of sausage life.

Indeed, not better just different. Like German black pudding, NOM!

selkirkbear
    Free Member

I’d never had currywurst since lockdown due to Aldi not stocking them anymore. If you can get the Tesco ones then they are fine, for currywurst anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘STOP!!! No Bratwurst at Aldi / Lidl. Why? Where? When?’ is closed to new replies.