Home Forums Bike Forum Stages Powermeters: o-ring size?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stages Powermeters: o-ring size?
  • finbar
    Free Member

Does anyone know what size o-ring the battery compartment on a Gen 2 Stages powermeter takes please? (Or Gen 3, which is the same – but Gen 1 are different).

I’ve managed to stretch mine so I can’t measure it. And Stages only sell them complete with battery cover for £10, so I’d rather spend 30p on a generic o-ring if I can.

finbar
    Free Member

Seems like that would be a no then :D

AdamT

Can you measure the diameter of the groove in the unit itself? I have a stages and I think it’s a mk2. I might be able to measure it tomorrow

finbar
    Free Member

I did try that but my verniers don’t really fit in. If you do have time to have a go at measuring I would appreciate it very much please. I was hoping Stages had published the ISO size somewhere and my Google-fu was just being rubbish, but I can’t find it.

AdamT

Yeah. Mine is a G2, but I’m on a train right now. Will take a squiz tomorrow

Aidy
    Free Member

I contacted Stages support, asked nicely, and they posted me a couple of battery covers/o-rings free of charge.

Aidy
    Free Member

Had a go at measuring the o-ring, but it’s pretty awkward. I’d say it’s 26mm outer diameter, and 1mm thick, but I could be off by a bit.

stevious

Another vote for stages support. Ask them for the dimensions and they might just send you the o ring.

AdamT

Does this help? It’s quite hard to get it round. It’s about 0.8mm, but cos it’s squidgy it’s hard to get a great measurement.

oring

If you do get a working replacement then post back. Getting the official measurements could be useful.

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks very much everyone. I will give Stages a go, and failing that try buying some o-rings based on the measurements above.

Will update if I get the proper dimensions…

fatgav
    Free Member

Did you get any dimensions? Or replacements?

As I’m after 1 now, but can’t find any Stages UK support details 😔

Cheers

former8ball
    Free Member

Info@saddleback.co.uk

I had a broken cover and they happily put a new one in the post free of charge, complete with o ring

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.