Home Forums Bike Forum Specialized Langster headset bearings

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by _tom_.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Langster headset bearings
  • _tom_
    Free Member

The bearings need replacing in my 2010 Langster headset, they appear to have fallen to bits and would explain why I have play in the headset even when it’s tight! It’s currently loose balls in a race, I emailed specialized to find out what size I need to replace, they don’t have a record of the spec for this model.

Found this posted on a forum, it looks like Cane Creek IS2 cartridge bearings can be fitted by removing the cups and the bearings going straight into the frame, is that correct? Don’t think I’ve ever had an integrated headset so not sure on how it works

Langster Cane Creek headset externals

cheekysprocket

Yup. Did the same for my 2008 Tricross. Pretty sure the Langster I had at the time shared the same headtube. Knock the old cacky cups out, new bearings straight in. At work tonight, but can possibly dig out my bearings tomorrow to see what spec they are if it helps.

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s probably  Specialized mindset headset.
    Google for removal guides.

if your lucky the cups will come out with lots of force but they can require lots lots of beating.

_tom_
    Free Member

Cool I managed to find the spec sheet via a Reddit post and wayback machine, looks like they both should be VP MH-P03K which seems to be the standard Cane Creek 41mm/1,1/8″ bearings!

_tom_
    Free Member

Finally got round to doing this, those bearings fit and turn nice and smoothly with no play. Safe to say the old ones were nackered!

Only issue is I now have a gap at the top and bottom of the headset, is there some kind of seal/spacer I can fit to cover this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.