Home Forums Bike Forum Sonder Camino Al Sizing

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sonder Camino Al Sizing
  • cupotea

Hi all,

I’m looking at buying 2 Sonder Caminos. One Ti for me in XL which seems like the obvious choice at 6’2″, the second will be a Camino Al for my partner who is 5’6″ so should be on a small. I’m slightly concerned that she will get toe rub and was hoping someone who rides a small could put my mind at rest.

Can anyone who rides a small say if they suffer from toe rub with 650B? Ideally I would like to fit full ‘guards as well at times.

Cheers,

Pete

antigee
    Free Member

not 650B but a bump

small El Camino (I’m nearer 5ft 4″) 700C wheels 32mm tyres unknown brand of mudguards some toe overlap:_(

cupotea

Thanks Antigee, that’s reassuring. Out of interest what shoe size are you?

It looks like 700c with 32mm has a radius of 343mm and a 650b with 45mm a radius of 336mm which should be great, or at least manageable.

I’ve not read anything but positive comments about the Camino, are you happy with it?

antigee
    Free Member

size 42 if people in UK still allowed to use EU – think that about an 8.5?

I like it very easy to ride and I’ve done a couple of multiday rides on it and felt happy though the way its set up doesn’t do it justice and my tubeless gravel bike gets more use day to day need to swop out the 32mm tyres for something more this decade though I like the mudguards!

If I needed another bike in this category then the Ti version would be top of my list no problem

Edit just measured and closer to 360mm to those mudguards

cupotea

Thanks Antigee really appreciate it. I’m spending far too much time planning on where to take them once we’re allowed out properly again.

piemonster
    Free Member

Not quite what you was asks about.

But size 11 feet on a large and I have issues with heel strike on the chain stay.

Only in trainers with wide heels, I just use XC type spd shoes now.

cupotea

Thanks Piemonster. That is a concern too. I’m size 11 and the XL has the same chainstay length too but I think I will only be riding in SPDs.

I’ve considered a Ribble CGR too but I have a real soft spot for Sonder. My Signal Ti gets out a lot more than my big boucy bike and I like the way Sonder operate.

ElShalimo

@cupotea – I’m riding a v1 Camino Al size XL. 6ft 1.5in, 34″ inside leg, long arms, size 11.5 feet.

It fits well but if my back is stiff, it can feel a little bit long (sciatica is the enemy)

I do get some occasional heel bang but mostly ‘cos I’ve got flats and I’m wearing trainers not bike shoes. Very rarely get toe/wheel issues and it’ll be turning around in a cafe car park anyway

I think @mattbee is on an XL too

cupotea

Cheers @ElShalimo . The geometry of the XL is a bit longer than my current Bish Bash Bosh which is the best fitting bike I’ve ever owned but I’m hoping the steeper seat and slacker head angle will make up for the longer ETT. A few have mentioned heel bang but I wonder if anything like the RIbble CGR would be any better.

staffo
    Free Member

I’m 5’6, size 43 shoes and ride a Camino small with 650b Resolutes. No toe overlap without mudguards but small amount with.

cupotea

Cheers @staffo As it turns out she’s been lying to me for two years and she’s actually 5’7! At 5’6 how do you find the sizing? Do you think a medium would be far too big?

nixie

I’m 6’2″ and have a large v1 (I think). No toe overlap with mudguards.

letmetalktomark

XL here too.

I’m a smidge under 6’3” – longer in body than leg – size 12 feet.

I’ve not yet managed to catch the chainstays or the front wheel running 700c wheels.

I run conventional 44cm bars and an 80mm stem.

Still tinkering with position but so far so good.

staffo
    Free Member

I doubt it would be far too big. The reach with the standard stem may be a bit stretched but that could be fixed with a shorter one, maybe an 80mm stem. I’m sure Alpkit could advise, assuming their phone lines are open.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Camino Al Sizing’ is closed to new replies.