• This topic has 255 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 259 total)
  • So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Royal family needs to evolve, the shit his missus gets I would of legged it ages ago.

dannyh
    Free Member

Around 52% of the population probably

Another compelling reason to get rid of them too, then.

crikey
    Free Member

Meh, was trying to do a Les Dawson pic of old ladies gossiping, cos that’s what you’re all like.

tjagain

Maybe the best thing is to plan for a new model for when the Queen dies and that becomes the seminal moment that we make that change.

Something like other royal families in Europe? Again the Dutch may have the model we could follow

convert

Damn, my dastardly plot to finish off the British monarchy has gone up in smoke.

Plan was to off queenie and the next 7 in line to the throne in a mutant corgi rampage so that Andy Pandy as eighth in line got the gig. Even the DM readers would find that too unpalatable and we could sack off the whole anachronistic shit show that (imo of course) makes the UK look like some backwater throwback.

And just whilst I was working on how to get a genetically modified killer corgi into the inner sanctum as a sleeper agent Hewitt’s son kicks off so the whole gang are unlikely to ever get together under the same roof again.

Foiled.

martinhutch

Not only have they been rude to the queen (gawd bless’er), they’ve totally ruined Kate’s 38th birthday puff piece in the Mail! TRAITOROUS SCUM!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7868729/Palace-releases-new-portrait-Kate-Middleton-wearing-recycled-130-jumper.html

dannyh
    Free Member

Andy Pandy as eighth in line got the gig. Even the DM readers would find that too unpalatable

His accuser is foreign, though, so perhaps not.

edhornby

They probably put the statement out themselves because they were getting fobbed off by Brenda and her flunkies that resist every form of change. I’d love to be rid of the royal family and monarchy as it’s desperately out of touch and would force the change of the upper chamber, the honours system etc. Denmark royal family organised succession quite easily, they could do the same but they don’t.

As for the royals doing good stuff, it’s whitewash; classic example is this prize for environment work, if they were serious about the climate emergency they’d be planting sh1tloads of trees all over the vast tracts of land they own. If they were serious about poverty they should be publically berating the politicians for needing millions of people using foodbanks, and they should be building social housing and having the local councils manage them on their behalf. But they don’t.

alpin
    Free Member

As for the royals doing good stuff, it’s whitewash; classic example is this prize for environment work, if they were serious about the climate emergency they’d be planting sh1tloads of trees all over the vast tracts of land they own. If they were serious about poverty they should be publically berating the politicians for needing millions of people using foodbanks, and they should be building social housing and having the local councils manage them on their behalf. But they don’t.

This…. Imagine if they were to put their resources and influence into something to improve the country’s lot. Their popularity would/could soar and people could stomach them (well perhaps not everyone because lots of ignorant people read the gutter press).

Be the change you want to see….?

Klunk
    Free Member

the daily fail is in meltdown !!!! 17 pages of crap like this….

It’s almost as though nothing matters to this couple apart from their own immediate happiness and gratification, as though they are incapable of seeing beyond their own little bubble of privilege. It has often been speculated as to whether they might end up walking away from Britain. But the timing of this announcement could hardly be more insensitive, or more indicative of the how little either seems to understand the true nature of their roles as royals.

ogri
    Free Member

Perhaps they will move in with his real father(James Hewitt) mentioned above.He must be getting on a bit now and if he needs help they could apply for “Carers allowance” which may help them live in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

andy8442
    Free Member

Good luck to them.

Drac

I don’t care.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I am struggling to deal with my overwhelming indifference.

I may need a cup of tea.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t really know what to make of it really.

On one hand bravo to them for taking control of their life, especially as they’re hinting they’re going to remove themselves from the, whatever they call the money they’re given for being Royal, but do they really think the Papers are going think “Well, that’s it Lads, we’ve hounded them into quitting, we’ll go back to taking pics of Kerry Katona flashing her under carriage getting out of a Taxi”.

On the other, well, they could have done it privately, we’ve got dozens of Royals of various shapes and sizes, yeah he’s the Brother of the Heir after the Heir and he’s been in the press a lot, but I’d struggle to name many of the Queens Grandchildren, are they all ‘Senior Royals’ or more middle-management because they’re the wrong kind of Grandkid?

It puts me in mind of my son who makes a huge, over exaggerated “Urgh” when he gets a text as if his Social Life is so busy he just wishes people would leave him alone! I’ve, of course mentioned he could turn it off, remove the notifications or just silent the bloody thing, but then, he’d had nothing to moan about would he!

They could have told old Queenie, “Sorry, we’re quitting, it’s not for us, I’m going back to flying Helicopters and the Mrs has booked a Pilot on NBC” and faded into obscurity. It seems to be either they’re building a ‘brand’ to sell to keep them in the lifestyle to which they’ve become accustomed, and more than a bit of a dig at the other Royals.

dazh

Taking off my republican hat for a second, and ignoring Harry’s massive inherited wealth and his apparent lack of awareness about the meaning of ‘financial independence’, I actually quite admire him. Even for us plebs, it takes quite a lot of determination and emotional upheaval to stand up to our families when something is wrong, imagine what it must be like for them at the centre of the most famous family in the world? It takes quite some balls to tell  them to go **** themselves. That being said the question now is what they do next. If they disappear into the mountains never to be heard from again then I’ll have a lot of respect and admiration. If they milk their celebrity for financial gain then that would be less than ideal, although a warts and all autobiography exposing the entire sh*tshow would be hilarious.

Also how long before Megan is killed in an accident? (sorry, someone had to say it)

lcj

Too tasteless to say it’s the second family the yanks have blown up this week?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Also how long before Megan is killed in an accident? (sorry, someone had to say it)

Yeah in her Shoes, I’d be driving myself for the foreseeable future.

poah
    Free Member

couldn’t give a flying duck.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

but I’d struggle to name many of the Queens Grandchildren, are they all ‘Senior Royals’ or more middle-management because they’re the wrong kind of Grandkid?

sort of works for your own life that though, as illustrated by wait but why

from here

Your Family: Past, Present, and Future

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What do we think?

I think I might need a cup of tea, too.

funkmasterp

If we get rid of the royals who’s face goes on the money? I’m getting in earlier with Matt Berry

johnx2
    Free Member

If we get rid of the royals who’s face goes on the money? I’m getting in earlier with Matt Berry

fair dos. It’s time for a bloke.

National anthem will have to change. I’ve said it before, the obvious choice would be the Gap Band’s “Oops upside your head”.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I thought it was all a cunning plan to divert attention away from Prince Wills having had an affair. (same for the randy Andy story, to distract from this fact/rumour).

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I think the Mash might be on to something here

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/your-country-sucks-by-meghan-markle-20200109192395

I reckon the reason why all the brexity gammons are outraged is that they secretly know the above is true but desperately don’t want it to be.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

What do we think ?
    That sharkbaits a bit of a dick ?

What do you think ? …….dick

epicyclo

It could be as simple as them putting the future welfare of their children first. They’ll grow up as 4th rate royals, but still in the goldfish bowl if they stay here.

Elsewhere they may have a chance for some privacy.

Be even better if Harry renounces his title(s)

darthpunk
    Free Member

Good luck to them, It takes enough time to look after my own family before worrying about theirs. If I see them in Asda i’ll give them a friendly nod.

franksinatra

f they milk their celebrity for financial gain then that would be less than ideal

In June they trademarked Sussex Royal to use on all sorts of merchandise (tat) and products and services. It therefore looks likely that they fully intend to milk it.

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00003408516

Cougar

I love how many people have taken the time to come into this thread and compose a post telling us all how much they don’t give a shit. It’s hilarious, do you all call into radio phone-ins to go “no comment” too?

Perhaps they will move in with his real father(James Hewitt) mentioned above.

I’ve often wondered whether Harry would eventually come to this. His mother was “only” Princess by marriage and if the allegations of his paternal heritage are in fact true then he’s not actually a royal at all. With Uncle Randy suddenly drawing attention to the hitherto untouchable family, maybe that’s been a catalyst for him to get the hell out of dodge before someone takes a magnifying glass to the rest of them? I wouldn’t put it past one of our beloved red-tops to undertake a bit of investigative “journalism” some time soon.

And even if that’s not the case, as per the meme above his royalty is a bit of an also-ran. I can easily see why he might just think “is it worth it” and flounce.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If they were serious about poverty they should be publically berating the politicians for needing millions of people using foodbanks

That would be meddling in politics. Which historically is a slippery slope to getting your head chopped off.

And if you hypothetically turned Swinley into a housing estate the headlines would be:

“Royals destroy SSSI and ground nesting birds for profit”, with a photo of a grumpy mountaibiker, Daily Mail comments would all revolve around jumping red lights and not paying road tax

“Royals make £…million a year in rent from the poorest families in Bracknell” Comments mostly concentrate on how Liz got a nicer council house in Slough.

funkmasterp

I don’t get the Hewitt references. Just look at him next to Charles. The ears, nose, even eye spacing are the same. He looks a hell of a lot like him.

Cougar

null

edlong
    Free Member

As we know – charity serves the founders before the actual identified target recipients.

Do we?

funkmasterp

Nope, still not seeing it. Especially if you look at more recent pictures. That photo of Charles is scaring me a little though. It’s like he’s undressing me with his eyes. Especially unnerving as I’m typing this from my very own throne 😱

Cougar

Now I’m unnerved.

Marin
    Free Member

Good luck to them. The British media is vile, it took some nuts to serve on the front line when he didn’t have to and she’s a hotty.

cookeaa

You know Harry has got another Uncle who (with his missus) has managed to largely stay out of the public eye for the last 20 or so years. The Wessesx sort of prove low media profile royalty can be done. I bet the pair of them could pop down their local costa on a weekday afternoon without being spotted these days.

It was interesting listening to the Radio this lunchtime there was lots of jaw flapping about “Brand building” and what they now associate the “Royal Sussex brand” with, as if it’s a given that they’re off to california to become ‘influencers’ or a sort of aristocratic version of the Kardashians… I’m not sure that’s actually what they’re going to do, and all of the speculation (both supportive or otherwise) isn’t really that insightful.

All they’ve really said is they are opting out of one particularly constraining, vacuous meeja bubble, I don’t think it necessarily follows that they’re going to go and sign up for more of the same on a different continent.

They’re both bound to have some capital, that can be working for them whatever else they do.
    Aside from their existing media profile they’re just a pair of early 30’s investment fund Babies… They already have more financial freedom and/or a better safety net than most couples their age.

Good luck to them, We’ve still got the Cambridges for the DM to fuss over, yes they’re relatively dull, but apparently that’s what Brexit-Britain wants…

TiRed

Good luck to them, It takes enough time to look after my own family before worrying about theirs. If I see them in Asda i’ll give them a friendly nod.

Asda is in Slough. It’s Waitrose in Windsor (you have to go outside the town centre for the Tesco).

Don’t care for the Royal Family at all, personally, but I lost my father very young, and in his position, I’d want to protect my family too.

cinnamon_girl

No @dazh that really is a nasty thing to say.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 259 total)

The topic ‘So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?’ is closed to new replies.