• This topic has 255 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 259 total)
  • So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Personally I think he’s a bit of a drip, she’s a shocker and the royal family are better off without them.
    But if it’s true that they hadn’t discussed it with anyone else….. What a knob thing to do.
    I guess they’re always going to be in the shadow of William & Kate, who come across very well.
    Obvs the royal haterz will be well happy!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Meh.. whatever they want to do to live happily ever after. Do people care?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a clever ploy to divert the attention away from randy Andy 😉

alpin
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a smart move given the amount of contempt there is for certain members of his family.

He’ll go down favourably in history if he sticks to it and pulls it off. Obviously he/they can still play to their royal connection, but if it means the public are not funding their jollies then fake enough. Maybe they can tell which way the wind is blowing.

Maybe he’s smarter than you give him credit.

bearnecessities

Don’t know.

Don’t care.

Wish them well.

Edit: 9 pages.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

If given a choice I’d rather have married her than Kate, I couldn’t imagine a worse purgatory.

I particularly liked this line “”It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment.” – which seems to be a smart arse response to all the racism and abuse they’ve received from the tabloids and the public in general.

Me and my missus have to put up with enough shit as it is sometimes due to the fact she isn’t white, I can therefore imagine what it’s like for them.

alpin
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a clever ploy to divert the attention away from

peado

Andy 😉

tjagain

Has he done a DNA test?

cloudnine
    Free Member

It’s all a ploy to distract from zarah tindalls speeding conviction..
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-51039925

el_boufador

I think fair play to them, tbh. Personally, I would not want to be a royal. Well done to them for voting with their feet as it were and taking a positive step to take control of the situation, at probably massive personal financial expense. Good to see they think some things (happiness) are worth more than money and status (as do I).
    I do wonder whether it could have been handled better with the family as it seems a little ‘burning bridges’, but who knows what they would expect to go on behind closed doors they had done more consultation in advance.

andy5390

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.”

It’s not like he’s going to struggle to get a job

Caher

They’re off to star in The Crown.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Lots of hilarious gammon comments over at the Mail.

Priceless.

Poopscoop

Good luck to them. Harry is about the only one I have any time for. Get out of that dysfunctional family asap if it were me.

I’ve gone from ambivalence to thinking we should definitely be a republic .

Way too much holding onto the past in this country of which the monarchy is a symptom.

johndrummer
    Free Member

W g a s

Sorry

alpin
    Free Member

Way too much holding onto the past in this country

This multiplied by a very big number….

Jingoistic. Flag waving. Rule Britannia.

Standing on the shoulders of past glories.

MoreCashThanDash

As my lad pointed out, the Press are giving them hell for trying to get away from the Press giving them hell.

I hope they manage it

slackalice
    Free Member

Every family is dysfunctional, ergo each and every one of us is dysfunctional.

I don’t do ‘news’, what are they doing?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Personally I think he’s a bit of a drip, she’s a shocker and the royal family are better off without them.

See I’m reading that and the only opinion I’m forming is about you 😁

Twodogs

and work to become financially independent

He inherited £7m from the Queen Mother, so that should be easy. Wonder if they’ll pay for their own security for the rest of their lives…

piemonster

Don’t know.

Don’t care.

Wish them well.

Wot Bear says

Plus, I won’t begrudge them having security paid for out of taxation. They’ve been shoved on a pedestal as potential targets and there’s no going back from that.

anagallis_arvensis

In a sense I couldnt care less, good luck to them, but then the raving republican in me wants to scream, give us our **** money back then you ginger ****, but mostly I couldnt care less.

funkmasterp

Fair play to them.

coconut
    Free Member

I heard Harry has a job lined up at a car wash and megan is going to sign on for a bit….Only temporary like…

mooman
    Free Member

sharkbait

Personally I think he’s a bit of a drip

A former work colleagues son was at Sandhurst with him and clarified that Harry was none too bright.

Twodogs

Subscriber
    Wonder if they’ll pay for their own security for the rest of their lives…

I expect those costs will be part of the deductions from the charity he is setting up. As we know – charity serves the founders before the actual identified target recipients.

duckman

I liked the fact that she conflicted the usual royal lovers so much, other than that…meh. It will be harder for his Dad to visit his grandson though,even a guards officer pension won’t stretch to many transatlantic flights a year.

coconut
    Free Member

If it’s true then fair play to them, wouldn’t anyone want to put some distance from that family and uncle Pedo!… but it won’t be. There is no way on earth they will ever be “financially independent” without playing on their royal connections, or having a secret royal trust fund. Money where their mouths are… go get a 9 to 5 job and earn it like eveyone else.

Coyote
    Free Member

I am a staunch republican with little time for the royals.

However, the cause of this lies firmly with the “patriotic”, rascist English press.

pondo

Two hefty fingers to the rabid Daily Heil mob? Good on ’em.

boomerlives
    Free Member

She can go back to Suits (innit) and he can stay home with the baby.

Very modern.

Money where their mouths are… go get a 9 to 5 job and earn it like eveyone else.

There may be some jobs going at Pizza Express

plus-one

Good for them

BoardinBob

Does Hello magazine have a forum? You’d be better off over there

epicyclo

Wherever they go, it’ll still be a goldfish bowl. No real freedom.

mrmoofo

Financially independent seems to mean keeping Frogmore Cottage and the 2.8 mill investment, and incomes from the Duchy of Cornwall

zippykona

Good for them. I think harry should have gone to TheExpress and chinned the editor as well.

MSP

No real freedom.

The decision they have made demonstrates that they have far far far more freedom than those who work normal jobs, trapped by mortgages and responsibilities. For 95% of people the notion of enacting such a lifestyle change is an absolute impossibility.

martinhutch

Fair play to them. They’ve had a few years of increasingly hostile press (for no apparent reason), and I would be unsurprised if members of the royal family, or their staff, were found to have been briefing against them.

I guess a few weeks of splendid isolation in Canada have shown them what life could be like, and they’re grabbing it while they and their child are young enough to benefit. He can earn enough in the US to not need the civil list, and that means he doesn’t have to tour around Commonwealth backwaters and cut ribbons, or speak to the UK media.

The Daily Hate will have to find some other way to sell newspapers. Perhaps they’ll turn on the sainted Kate, who, also ‘surprisingly’, never gets any criticism in the tabloids…

Bunnyhop

None of us can really comment because as usual we won’t ever know the full story.

I like most of the Royal family and I think Prince Charles has done an awful lot for environmental issues.

Good luck to them, however this is going to be harder for them than they realise. The press will be chasing after them more than ever.

mashr

They’ve had a few years of increasingly hostile press (for no apparent reason)

Did you not read the OP?! He’s a drip and she’s a shocker*, thats all the reason you need!

*Not really sure what this means

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 259 total)

The topic ‘So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?’ is closed to new replies.