• This topic has 255 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)
  • So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?
  • Andy

I do wonder if this is more about the press than actually H & M. So much coverage its bonkers and so toxic as well, even in the posher, more “respectable” papers. Seemingly more coverage than paedo Andy. But then the press dont really have Corbyn to go after and no obvious target whilst the labour leadership is winding up. I guess it also distracts from the various legal actions about privacy invasion. H & M seem to just be the fuel for this.

As for H & M. Good luck to them. Sticking a big digit up to the press is a worthy contribution to society.

tomd
    Free Member

This week’s Economist has an interesting take ok it. Basically that it’s the final fulfillment of Marx’s predictions that Capitalism would consume all traces of the feudal system. The British monarchy being one of the last outposts of the old system.

So there you go, Harry and Megan – agents of the revolution.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m going to use the Lawrence Fox defence and say

I wouldnt use anything from that absolute cocknocker

raybanwomble
    Free Member

I wasn’t using it seriously….

😛

cinnamon_girl

A recent Piers Morgan tweet:

Only surprised it took her so long to get Harry to ditch his family, the Monarchy, the military and his country. What a piece of work.

FFS he really is an evil creature. Hope he gets sued for every penny he’s got.

martinhutch

Good to see Piers sticking up for the military, just like the good old days.

corroded
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

Thanks for that pretty depressing link.

stevextc
    Free Member

Good luck to them … certainly not the first person born into a family business that doesn’t want to continue it.

Despite part of me thinking yeah…. see what it’s like for the rest of us ….. he didn’t choose that job and I hope it works out despite continuing to cost the “rest of us”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Thanks for that pretty depressing link.

It really is.

The leveson inquiry and conservative government turned out to be completely spineless, and ten years on we’ve reached a low point where trying to work out why the papers are saying what they are is more interesting than what they’ve got to say.

despite continuing to cost the “rest of us”.

The problem is, even if they did fund it themselves, it’s probably not the burly ex-SAS type stood on the doorstep that matters (or even represents the bulk of the expense), every c-list celebrity probably has one of those. It’s the fact he’s clearly a target for terrorism so he’s always going to be work for GCHQ etc. No amount of bleating that “we’re paying for it” is really going to alter that.

cinnamon_girl

I do get it and nothing has changed since Harry’s mother was constantly hounded which undoubtedly contributed to her death. It really is depressing.

stevextc
    Free Member

No amount of bleating that “we’re paying for it” is really going to alter that.

Yep and to some extents its really no different to being born with a disability… it’s really not his fault who is parents are/were… and he’s got enough balls to say “I didn’t choose this”….

boomerlives
    Free Member

It’s all very much being done to death on tv and in the papers to distract from the real news which is still ticking until the end of the month.

funkmasterp

A recent Piers Morgan tweet:

Only surprised it took her so long to get Harry to ditch his family, the Monarchy, the military and his country. What a piece of work.

FFS he really is an evil creature. Hope he gets sued for every penny he’s got.

He really is a grade A **** isn’t he? Plus his family are the monarchy Morgan ya dick. If I had the means to ditch this country I would too. Does he not realise that the reason they’ve done this is because of people like him? Of course he doesn’t as that would take a degree of self awareness.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If you ever think that Morgan isn’t totally aware of what he is doing then you are a fool. He makes money from the folk who like him and the controversy from those who don’t.

stevie750
    Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

That guardian article further confirms what I thought about Piers, he really is a nasty piece of pond scum.

mrmoofo

I do get it and nothing has changed since Harry’s mother was constantly hounded which undoubtedly contributed to her death. It really is depressing.

Can we get over this now. Diana was not killed by the press – but by her own choices. Drunk driver, no seat belt and a partner who tipped off the paps for his own ego purposes. ( Or maybe it was Prince Phillip).
    Diana was an arch user of the press – in the same way that Meghan is. If you play that game, you cannot act all innocent when it works fro you, and cry unfair when it doesn’t.
    Leaving the Firm for LA is hardly going to take them away from the limelight and the press / paps

Klunk
    Free Member

the Minstrel of Gor

Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)

The topic ‘So, Harry & Meghan…. What do we think?’ is closed to new replies.