Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So, anyone got a Quechua Popup tent?
  • richc
    Free Member

and are they any good? or should I just get another Coleman/Vango? as I am after a tent for Spring/Summer/Autumn car camping in the UK/France

40mpg

Yes, bought one whilst camping in France. Only ever used it as a larder though, but ideal for that.

simon1975

I’ve got the non-pop-up Quecha 2-man and it’s very well made and excellent value

aP
    Free Member

Good, easy to put up, more difficult to put down, seem to work, reasoanbly cheap, seem to cope with reasonable amounts of wind – you can add the slightly odd standing up porch thing as well.

Nick

Not good if it rains as there is no porch as standard (didn’t know about the odd standing up thing, must check it out!) and when you open the door it will rain in, other than that ok for car camping in a rush. Easy to take down too, just takes the nack.

Don’t think I’d use it in the Autumn…

jimmy

Used a mates last year, thought it was brill. They’ll teach you how to pack it up in store.

swoosh
    Free Member

there’s a nack to putting it down but it is easily done. my misses took it to school to show the kids a form of shelter (teacher!) and it took about 6 of them to put it down! wish i was there to see that.

I got it as i rarely go camping and if i do it tends to be for MTB events or similar, not hiking so i thought it was ideal. takes 2 mins to pitch (including guy ropes and pegs). I agree with the statment about it raining in if its heavy but there is a simple cure to that, keep stuff away from the door if its raining. I’ve used it once with 2 of us and it was ok but we didnt have much stuff with us. it’s fine as a one man tent with bed on one side and stuff down the other. 3″ tent gives more room and only slightly more flexible in the winds

richc
    Free Member

Cool, I am thinking of the 3 man one as they seem ideal for quick weekends away car camping, I have a monster tent but its a total PITA to packup and dry.

Nobody has had problems with them leaking/blowing down during our summer weather?

darrell
    Free Member

used one for a festival once in Spain….but never packed it down, just left it there

Rich
    Free Member

Yeah its great, easy to put up and down once you get the knack.

Never had it leak or blow away, in fact they tested one on The Gadget Show with fire hoses and stuff and it came out really well.

I use mine with a tarp over the front as a porch, its really good and goes up easily, the tarp was only £15 from Decathlon.

Only thing I dont like is the size it packs down to, its really quite a big circle, co useless for backpacking or hiking.

No worries with car camping though.

richc
    Free Member

Cool, looks like next time I pass a Decathalon I need to pop in and get one then. Thanks everyone 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So, anyone got a Quechua Popup tent?’ is closed to new replies.