• This topic has 2,037 replies, 151 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,038 total)
  • Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.
  • genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Did Ramos hit De Hea on the head????

seosamh77
    Free Member

This VAR thing, should make the games flow better eh? Ref could have given that costa arm thing before the goal, (shouldn’t have but could have). Gives refs a bit more confidence just to let some things go and leave it to the VAR to flag up, guess they are always in his ear?

MSP

Who is going to get the first hat trick then?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Omg….hopefully Ronnie will get his third

Caher

This really is a cracker.

MSP

Thought this game might fizzle out in the second half, sometimes it is good to be wrong.

seosamh77
    Free Member

as perfect a strike as i’ve ever seen! outstanding!

BoardinBob

Even the most try hard football hater would enjoy this. Absolutely brilliant stuff

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Anybody watching this in 4K on BBC iPlayer?

Looks great!

Nice comeback for Spain!

Portugal can’t rely on one player.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Portugal can’t rely on one player.

erm they won the euros, just 2 years ago! 😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Aye and ‘him’ went of injured after 10 minutes!

theotherjonv

so mixed. I love Portugal, the people, my parents have a place out there that I love going to, but as long as they have Ronaldo, the petulant show pony, I can’t bring myself to love their team.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Spain have too many stars.

wot a goooool!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

WTF!!!! A face you would so love to slap but he does have the skills there

theotherjonv

….. and yet, he is just a brilliant player, and I tip my hat when he does something like that

Rockape63
    Free Member

Total genius!!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Fabulous, the guys a legend.

Rockape63
    Free Member

That goal was amazing…..truly amazing!  To dip that over the wall wall unbelievable. The commentators were saying it wasn’t possible and he did it easily!

MSP

Well this game still keeps delivering.

I still see a Spain and France final if they don’t meet before,  but just imagine how good spain could be if they sorted out the goalkeeping problem 😉

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

What. A. Game. Simply outstanding and demonstrates how good football can be.

theotherjonv

It’s OK, we’ve got Kane

We roar when Harry scores!

(don’t pass to Vardy)

convert

What. A. Game. Simply outstanding and demonstrates how good football can be.

Exactly. Watching this is a reminder that I actually like watching football. I just know the English variation is going to bore me rigid in comparison.

welshfarmer

So Iran top the group, and on the last day of Ramadan. Bet there is some late night partying going on in Tehran tonight. I’m sure they don’t get many bragging rights in International football 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Why does he hitch one leg of his shorts up? Weapons grade bell end but one of the true GOATS

johndoh
    Free Member

As above – he had no right to score that third goal from there directly. I didn’t give him a chance but he floated it in. Glorious stuff, gotta accept players like that and just enjoy it. If we play at 50% of that level on Monday I’ll be happy.

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

Ronaldo – over to you. (Messi and Neymar)

binners

I wouldn’t have fancied being Iranian or Moroccan watching that tonight.

Belting match! Some blinding goals. I had a couple of quid on Ronnie getting a hat trick too

theotherjonv

I had a couple of quid on Ronnie getting a hat trick too

Against Spain. You really have no idea on how to bet sensibly do you?

(how much did you get for that…….?)

davosaurusrex

It was a great free kick but a cheap hat trick. He mugged the ref into the penalty and the free kick and the other one was lucky. Also he’s a right weapon.

Nacho’s strike has to be a contender for goal of the tournament though, incredible.

Klunk
    Free Member

all that skill and he still feels the need to cheat, it’s really quite depressing!

tails
    Free Member

Where did he cheat?

Klunk
    Free Member

he goes down easier than a $2 whore

MSP

The penalty shouldn’t have been a penalty in a “sporting fair play its not cricket old chap” way, there is no doubt that he bought the contact and went down far to easily. But IMO it would have been given in 90%+ matches.

The funny thing is, if that is judged a penalty then the foul before Spain’s first goal should also be given if the incidents are judged on merit, they are both similar levels of contact and equally players going down easy to exaggerate the contact. So if the ref is consistent and both are given advantage Portugal, if the ref lets both slide then advantage Spain. I think for the actual match and spectacle justice was probably done, but it is inconsistent refereeing.

alpin
    Free Member

binners

I’m going to go against the Ronnie haters here.if you’ve not seen the documentary on him then give it a watch. It’s the same people who made Senna, so not some puff-piece blowing smoke up his srse.

You’ll come out of it with a grudging respect for him. He had a shit childhood but was driven to escape it by becoming ‘the best player in the world’

his dedication and commitment is unbelievable. That’s why he scored that free kick. Relentlessly practicing doing it, time after time

Is he a preening dick? Yes.

But you can’t dispute his ability

And complaining that he cheated? Against a team containing Sergio Ramos and Diego Costa? Do me  a favour….. 😂

MSP

Oh FFS this forum is still a complete ****!

Twice I typed stuff out to be asked “are you sure you wanted to do that,instead of posting it.

Klunk
    Free Member

And complaining that he cheated? Against a team containing Sergio Ramos and Diego Costa? Do me a favour…..

ah they’re all it so it’s alright defense…

binners

I expect Pogba is about to do what Rashford did last week and show what he can do when he’s actually allowed to play

MSP

3rd time lucky maybe.

On to todays games, looking forward to seeing the French young guns, Mbappe and Dembele today, and if Messi can respond to Ronaldo’s challenge in the later game. Both France and Argentina should brush aside these opponents though.

binners

Klunk – basically, yes. It’s one of the reasons England will never win owt. With the exception of Sterling, they’re just too naive.

You have to play the game as it is, rather than how you’d like it to be. So you stick to the rules against a side containing players who’ll pull every trick in the book, then you’re going to get whooped every time.

You can moan about it all you like, but players like Ramos, Costa and Ronnie? It’s just part of their game.

Costa’s goal maybe wouldn’t have stood if Bepe hadn’t have gone down like he’d been shot

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,038 total)

The topic ‘Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.’ is closed to new replies.