• This topic has 2,037 replies, 151 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 38 posts - 2,001 through 2,038 (of 2,038 total)
  • Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.
  • binners

The French really are stuffy gits! There’s no way that was a penalty. They’ve got two goals with the only two times they’ve got out of their own half

More worryingly, they now know the ref is a bottler, so I expect they’ll be up to all kind of shenanigans now

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ru/moscow/294021/satellite/294021

Could be a storm coming there!!

And can we get a stopped clock system for football please.

MSP

That was a pen  IMO, but Croatia are unlucky to be behind, all the quality coming from the Croatians so far.

binners

The French are two up having had one shot on goal. There’s no way they should be in front.

COME ON CROATIA!!!!

ElShalimo

Griezemann is a cheat. He should be ashamed of himself.

Klunk
    Free Member

it was a pen for me, the defender misjudges the flight of the ball realizes the ball is going to pass him (doesn’t know who’s behind him) so uses his hand to prevent it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh dear, somebody is going to have a rough evening and it’s not the lad marking Mbappe!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well, they didn’t deserve to be 2 up but the management of the game once they got there has been supurb, though having Mbappe to terrorise you if you commit too many forward.

Pogba’s brother looks quite handy though, think Jose signed the wrong one.

ElShalimo

Is Pogba Carlton Palmer’s son?

Rockape63
    Free Member

You do wonder why Giroud is on the pitch!

pedlad

Yes he is.  Luckily his mom was a really good player…

what at an amazing game for a WC final.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Tip top game of fitba for the final this.

Great world cup!

binners

Giroud has to fly back to the U.K. tonight to get his teeth whitened in time for his slot on This Morning tomorrow

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Croatia have given everything, and should have got a lot more from this, maybe the extra game they played is telling in there.

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh well … that goes my prediction …

On the bright side me mate just won 5k for betting 4-2 win to France.  😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Only caught the second half and what a showing by France, think the best team won.

What a great World Cup lads.

Whilst I won’t be watching the English premiership, the World Cup is certainly entertaining and full of passion.

Excellent performance by all involved, from the bog cleaners to the teams.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just had a great afternoon. TdF followed by watching the final with a bunch of French mates in the roughest pub in town. Win win win!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Only caught the second half and what a showing by France, think the best team won.

They were certainly not the best team in the 1st half, 2 goals that were questionable/lucky to get

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Croatia a little hard done by I think. Easily the best team in the 1st half, but France go into half time 2-1 up with 1 shot on goal. Never a penalty and a soft free kick leading to a goal. France much better the 2nd half, but I still really feel for them. France have been clinical if not too inspiring.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and brilliant nobody let Putin have his hands on the trophy!!

binners

What an absolutely bloody brilliant World Cup from start to finish! It’s been amazing! Some absolutely top notch games, including that one!

senorj

The pesky French.

My Croatian mate is a bit peeved, understandably.

It has been good ,hasn’t it?

alpin
    Free Member

And can we get a stopped clock system for football please.

+1

Griezemann is a cheat. He should be ashamed of himself.

Replace Griezmann with just about any footballer who rolls around feigning a foul or injury.

Kamakazie

Missed the first half but thought Croatia were the best side in the second as well, controlling most of the game.

Great display of counterattacking by the French though with a solid backline for such a young side.

The Euro’s should be good!

cchris2lou

Very happy  tonight.

Tactics were spot on !

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

Entertaining final that was.

Came here to say that I’ve just seen on FB that the 2nd half pitch invasion was by Pussy Riot.

We’ve all conveniently forgotten (me included) what a shit place Russia can be, so it’s good to have them publicise it in some way again.

https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20140219_095846_Pussy-Riot-in-Russia.jpg

Still, excellent win by France. Deserved winners 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well final bit of business

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/leagues/view/8148957

Andy Ro took both he overall and golden boot in the exclusive STW FF League there, Chelsea will be on the phone in 6 months about a vacancy 🙂

athgray
    Free Member

This is typical of why top level mens football should be ignored..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCsnXOFpbkM

binners

Has their been a new law enacted saying you can only watch either men’s or wonens football, but not both?

seosamh77
    Free Member

athgray

This is typical of why top level mens football should be ignored..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCsnXOFpbkM

Because of piss poor defending in the women’s amateur leagues? Not really seeing the connection you are making?

binners

Just as a note to how retfeshing the Engerland players have been this World Cup, my mates daughter has just been telling us that Trippier (the Bury Beckham) has been back in his old school (Woodhey in Rammy), and apparently he was brilliant. All the kids were getting selfies with him 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have zero interest in watching women’s football. Does that make me racist?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not really seeing the connection you are making?

Stay on your feet and score, simple point. Some of the women’s game is great to watch same as the mens

seosamh77
    Free Member

Has a woman never dived? Has a man never stayed on his feet after being tackled?

It was a terrible point.

I’m sure the woman’s game can be great to watch, it’s still amateur essentially though(junior/highland league at best, I’ve been to junior games I’ve enjoyed). I wasn’t being derogatory there at all. I’m all for it, even the over promotion of it.

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t see any of this on the TV news.

Them Frenchies know how to celebrate

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/989289/world-cup-final-france-vs-croatia-riots-Paris-French-celebrations

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How did sir stumble on the Express article?

DezB
    Free Member

Someone sent me some pics n vids on Whatsapp. So I dun a search, cos I hadn’t seen anything about it.

Viewing 38 posts - 2,001 through 2,038 (of 2,038 total)

The topic ‘Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.’ is closed to new replies.