• This topic has 2,037 replies, 151 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,038 total)
  • Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.
  • Klunk
    Free Member

2 very poor teams

hodgynd
    Free Member

Neither of the two teams are going to win it ..but I thought it’s been ok ..

Klunk
    Free Member

the pitch is pretty bad too

MSP

Yeah no interest in this match at all, however Spain vs Portugal could be tasty tomorrow, and on Saturday the smiting begins.

seosamh77
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>hodgynd
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Neither of the two teams are going to win it ..but I thought it’s been ok ..

yip, was a decent start to the tourney. imo. Better than I expected considering the 2 teams, could have much more drab!

</div>

binners

Didn’t see it, as I was on a print deadline, but listened to it. Sounded a belter.

Mrs Binners first bet of the tournament- that Saudi Arabia would concede 3 or more – came in, so we’ve started as she’ll probably go on.

We’re both off for the next week. Do you lot want me to keep you posted on her bets?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Two absolutely cracking goals from Cherywhatshisfaceski. Almost distracts from the buying of the referee by  Russia

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I assumed Putin had threatened all the players with a long holiday in Siberia.

seosamh77
    Free Member

bbc 6 the now, Gideon Coe, playing music for the 32 competing nations, tis brilliant. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir

I assumed Putin had threatened all the players with a long holiday in Siberia.

He was clearly 6 hunnerbilliongajillion rubles up on the bets with yon saudi price guy at the end, sitting back like a cheshire cat! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

not sure about the saudi death metal mind! 😆

brakes
    Free Member

how can I get highlights of the game on the telly? not on the internet.

is there a red button on ITV?

seosamh77
    Free Member

doubt it!

Royston
    Free Member

Which team will have a worse goal keeper than KSA?

seosamh77
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>binners
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Didn’t see it, as I was on a print deadline, but listened to it. Sounded a belter.

Mrs Binners first bet of the tournament- that Saudi Arabia would concede 3 or more – came in, so we’ve started as she’ll probably go on.

We’re both off for the next week. Do you lot want me to keep you posted on her bets?

I don’t usually bet, stuck 20 quid in this year though, 2 quid trebles is the game I’m playing.

Gone for Uruguay, Morocco, Spain tomorrow, so don’t anyone bet that, i’m a jinxy bastard at gambling! 😆

</div>

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Highlights on BBC 2 later.

Caher

Ludicrous having a team like Saudi in the WC when stronger teams are at home. I reckon Gianluigi Buffon was choking on his cornflakes watching this.

ElShalimo

@caher – but that’s the rules and that’s how each team qualifies. That’s like saying Malta and San Marino should not be allowed to compete in the qualifiers. They all should be allowed to take part.

I’d rather see no seeding system so that you could end up with Honduras or some such country fluking their merry way to the final.

johndoh
    Free Member

So I didn’t get to see much of the match, but am I the only one that is slightly suspicious of the scoreline? Surely they couldn’t have bought that result could they but I wouldn’t put anything past Putin?!

seosamh77
    Free Member

but am I the only one that is slightly suspicious of the scoreline?

Against Saudi Arabia? 😆 shoosh, leave yer politics at the door on this thread would ye all…

PrinceJohn

Saudi have a history of getting spanked at the world cup, I seem to remember the Germans beating them 8-0 in 2006 or 2010?

johndoh
    Free Member

Against Saudi Arabia?

But Russia are the lowest seeded team in the tournament ????

tomhoward

When it comes to seeding/World Cup qualifications, Saudi are essentially the best looking guy in a burns unit…

seosamh77
    Free Member

johndoh

Against Saudi Arabia?

But Russia are the lowest seeded team in the tournament ????

Fifa rankings aren’t an absolute measure of a teams likely performance in a game. Russia also have home advantage and Saudi are the second lowest ranked team. I’d doubt very much you’d have many people betting against Russia and Uruguay to qualify from that group.

seosamh77
    Free Member

saying that, uruguay looking honking here!

Klunk
    Free Member

silly Egypt why have Salah on the bench if he’s not fit enough to play (as soon as Uruguay knew he wasn’t coming on they stepped it up). And it looks like half the Uruguay players have been hitting the gym and dr fuentes magic juice !

Rockape63
    Free Member

Because Klunk, they didn’t want to risk him unless they were losing, however Uraguay were very sneaky and waited until the last minute to score!

Rockape63
    Free Member

I went for three draws in the opening three games, and it’s looking like I might finally get one right…..they’re definitely getting closer……….Noooooo! Iran just scored in the 95th minute!

edit. Quality OG

seosamh77
    Free Member

Iran robbed me! 😆

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Increasing the odds, that’s a sure fire way to beat the bookies.

tomorrows treble:

france +2.5

draw argentina

draw croatia

£2 returns £49! 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I ain’t watching all of them, and because I’m waiting for Blade Runner to come on Sky Movies I’ve got Spain/Portugal on.

What a bunch of miserable buggers they all are.

You’d be forgiven for thinking earning €bn’s and representing your country that you walk on like you’d been sucking down helium all day.

Are they all cross at having to get out of their mucky puddle sex ponds ??

Rockape63
    Free Member

Gimme a break B.B., they are focused and well up for it. This is potentially the biggest game of their lives!

two good reasons to support Portugal tonight, Costa and Ramos…..grrrrrr!

MSP

cracking game!

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye, beezer of a strike that was!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What a match. Meh betting, start a separate thread gambleboys, this is for the love of the game 😁🦄🖖

bikebouy
    Free Member

You couldn’t write the script could you..

Give that bloke a ball and he’ll score… 🤪

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Somebody has been at the Liverpool GK school

MSP

Thats 2 poor mistakes by De Gea in 2 games

seosamh77
    Free Member

The world cup has started!

molgrips
    Free Member

This feels like a quarter final or something. Enjoyable stuff!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pepe’s still a ****!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,038 total)

The topic ‘Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.’ is closed to new replies.