Home Forums Chat Forum Slumit tents. Anyone used one?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Slumit tents. Anyone used one?
  • kayak23

My old faithful Vango 2 human pop up tent just broke so I’m in the market for another and came across a make called Slumit (I know right?.lolz)

Anyway, they look to use a pretty neat system they call their Flashframe pitch system.

Anyone used one? Durable?

I’ve got a ‘proper’ tent for more hardcore camping but this is just for the odd stolen weekend here and there.

I like the colour at least.

JustRide
    Free Member

I’ve had one of the original ones, been using it quite a bit. It survived a wet week in Wales. The best bit is how easy it is to pitch and put away. So much easier than a standard tent with poles you have to feed through

martymac

That actually looks pretty good

kayak23

Yeah, I thought it looked pretty good too.

The two person ‘cub’ model is about £80 so I might give it a go.

I’ve had one of the original ones, been using it quite a bit.

How’s the build quality? Does it seem like it would take a bit of fruity weather?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Colemans do a couple of similar ones, instant dome and instant tourer. Bit bigger, I’ve been looking for one as a quick car camping alternative to our massive tunnel tent, but bit roomier than the smaller lightweight tents we have

Main criticism seems to be condensation being only single skinned. Not sure if above is same, or has inner?

TheBrick
    Free Member

The door is very sloped. I know its common but the door here is sloped right back to the entrance of the inner tent. I am just thinking of rain run off dripping in.as you undo from the base.

kayak23

It’s a feature of many a pop up tent really. My current Vango does this too. You have to get used to the shake ‘n’ zip! 😊

I usually pair mine up with my Vango tarp, a great piece of kit. (Not my pink and purple tent by the way)

tintim

Same system as a Kyham quick erect, glad I came across this thread as I was in need of a replacement and completely forgot about Slumit.

Just ordered a Grizzly 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Slumit tents. Anyone used one?’ is closed to new replies.