Home Forums Chat Forum Skoda Yeti Owners

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Skoda Yeti Owners
  • wzzzz
    Free Member

null

Saw this picture on the yeti owners club of a long MTB (Calibre Sentry) in a Yeti. https://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/threads/what-bikes-fit-in-a-yeti.11295/

Now the front pass seat is pushed forwards in the pic and rear seats are removed.

Do you think you can put the bike down the middle, probably with rear wheel just balanced on the arm rest between seats, thus retaining full use of 4x seats?

z1ppy

the arm rest is locked in place, so there you’ll be forcing your wheel against or up over it, potentially damaging/marking it, and you’ll probably need to take the pedals off too, to fit between the seats
    Otherwise I can see no reason why your plan wouldn’t work, personally I just take the wheels off and throw mine in the back (sans seats), but then I don’t carry passengers, and will be looking at a transit next time for more space.. also my XL Levo frame reaches from the back door to the seats, without a wheel fitted..

PS. I’d just a get a roof bars and step, to reach it..

white101

I have a yeti and a 26mtb so difficult to answer your question fully, I have a tow bar carrier so haven’t really tried it as you ask.

bonzodog
    Free Member

I hardly ever have the rear seats in, so pop the front wheel off the bike and slide it in on its side. Road bike goes in without wheel removal.

They’re pretty spacious, but not as much as my previous Berlingo(s).

sharkattack

We’ve had a Yeti for a few months and it’s the only car so far that my Geometron has ever been in.

I’d love to go outside and try some different configurations and take some pictures for you but if you’ve seen my stolen bike thread you’ll know why I can’t do that.

mjsmke

I manged to get two bikes in my old yeti like in the photo but with the rear wheels in-between the front seats as the OP suggested. Worked really well and didn’t get in the way while driving. But then they were size small.

Also worth noting the photo above has no spare wheel kit. I had a spare wheel kit which raised the floor about 20cm. Ended up removing it and buying a space saver wheel then storing it upright to one side of the boot.

convert

Love my yeti but personally don’t find it’s ability to swallow bikes as impressive as I thought I would.

How big are you? Admittedly I pretty big/broad but I’m not sure I could manage driving with a wheel shoved up on the console. I’ll play and let you know.

mrhoppy

I could get 2 adult bikes and a kid’s bike in a yeti with one seat in the back with just front wheels out. The pedals is probably the biggest issue with what you are suggesting.

wzzzz
    Free Member

OK thanks all!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Skoda Yeti Owners’ is closed to new replies.