• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Mark.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Singletrack’s Newsletter Subscription Drive
  • Mark

Help us get to 10k newsletter subscribers! It’s a great way to support Singletrack for no direct cost and it really helps us out.

By mark

Get the full story here:

Singletrack’s Newsletter Subscription Drive

wheelsonfire1

I’d love to give it another go, I cancelled the every day emails some time ago and the weekly disappeared at the same time. Apparently after six attempts to re-sign, I am in fact a robot!

vd

Repeated CAPCHA failures. Something not right here

wheelsonfire1

<hr />

desperatebicycle

You could send everyone 2 newsletters, like I get in my email… that would almost double your subs! 😀

fahzure

The best insightful, creative writing about MTB, which is a big ask given all the tech, riding quantification and politics there are with this activity. Now get off my astroturf!

Mark

Open rates are the most important commercial metric and sending everyone 2 emails would seriously reduce that number. But our newsletters have between 40-50% open rates, which is way above the industry average and testament to how actually good they are. We want our newsletters to be a source of actual content and not just a list of links like so many others are.

vmgscot

Same as @desperatebicycle I seem to get the newsletter twice (on different days) – I have only ever had one account AFAIK.

Mark

So we send out the newsletter on Fridays and then monitor the stats. We get to know how many email opens there are. After a few days we resend the newsletter out but only to the subscribers who didn’t open the first one. So, in theory, if you get two it’s because you didn’t read the first one. The second email to non-openers tends to score us an extra 10% opens.

desperatebicycle

After a few days we resend the newsletter out but only to the subscribers who didn’t open the first one

That’s quite spammy, isn’t it?

(I have a rule forwarding mine to my work email and I read it from there… )

Mark

It’s pretty standard practice. Mailchimp have it built in. If it’s perceived as spammy then it’s a quick click and it goes into our unsubscribed list and you never see one again.

bikesandboots

I have some vague memory of receiving a newsletter from somewhere (might not have been STW), and I got each one twice. Now I wonder if it might have been due to running a privacy defence browser extension that might have stopped the tracking of me opening the first one.

Would I be right to think that a large number of subscribers and a good open rate, let you justify better rates for adverts or sponsored content?

Mark

Something like that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.