Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 272 total)
  • Singletrack is just a common thief
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Some customers CANNOT be pleased or satisfied EVER. Fact.

Well done to all at STW for remaining grown up and rising above such obviously deranged comments from the OP.

Wonder how he’d react if someone actually really wronged him?

khani
    Free Member

I reckon someone had a bad day yesterday and focused it all on a missing bike mag
    If a subscription is such a pita get your papershop to order it in and deliver it, works for me, there’s much bigger things to get angry at, old dears in tesco, eastenders and 4×4’s, direct your anger at those
    They deserve it……

nonk
    Free Member

a thread of balance it would seem..
    laszlo over reacts about the mag and mark over reacts about the use of a word and starts getting all legal 🙄
    lazlo wanted to wind you up mark and it worked but hey as he well knows it’s easily done.

McHamish
    Free Member

lazlo, I think you’re blaming the wrong people. Surely you should be writing to the Pope! He’s Gods representative on Earth, and as such should be held directly responsible for the weather and the poor postal service. If anything, he’s the thief here.

PS. My toast was burnt this morning, should I write to Kenwood seeing as they stole my breakfast?

PPS. Could everyone stop encouraging lazlo to stop posting on the forum…it’s rants like this that make forums funny and Britain great.

PPPS. Well done to STW staff for their handling of this rant…good work, and I think I’ll subscribe.

Jamie
    Free Member

jamiestw – Subs Manager
    Dear Members

Just to avoid any confusion over posts relating to Michael Douglas in ‘Falling Down’ it is probably best that I mention that I am the aforementioned Jamie ‘Subscription and Distribution Sadist’ and am now returning back to my job of sorting the rather large job in hand.

Yours

Jamie

I did wonder whether my posts would be misconstrued as coming from yourself. Sorry if you got some grief as a result.

fbk
    Free Member

What a fantastic thread – brightened up my morning after a nightmare commute into work 🙂

I was genuinely considering cancelling my subscription next month but I think I might stay on now. For the record, my copy arrived Christmas Eve – earlier than several Birthday cards posted the beginning of December!

And I agree – the staff have handled this extraordinary rant amazingly well 🙂

Mark

If I’d over reacted and got all ‘legal’ I’d have pulled the thread. I’m not bothered about the google issue in our case as it’s clearly obvious from reading the linked google results what the issue is. I was just illustrating how careless comments on a forum can have much larger repercussions. Maybe it will create a little more understanding in the future when we have to step in a moderate a thread because of such loose accusations.

That said I am still quite cross at having the entire company branded thieves and I think that as one of the directors here responsible for that kind of thing I’m entitled and expected to ‘react’ to that and defend our corner. I don’t think it’s an over reaction to be a bit ‘grumpy’ about that.

tollah
    Free Member

I tend to agree with the op

ST sponsored our event, we gave advertising as agreed they failed to send the prizes. They’re crap IMO.

nonk
    Free Member

That said I am still quite cross at having the entire company branded thieves

we will have to agree to disagree then as once again this is in my view getting upity about nowt.

wwaswas

Mark, my ‘resident not so grumpy’ was in response to your ‘we’re all cheered up by the reaction from others’ comment so apologies if it sounded like a pop at you – was intended as exactly the opposite.

You’ve every right to be grumpy with the OP and I can’t understand why he’s insisting on continuing with his ‘theifs’ stance.

ourmaninthenorth

Mark’s response is fine. All businesses have problem customers, and TBH, it’sd often easier to sack them.

FWIW, I work for a FTSE 250 company. It sells broadband, phone and other stuff. It’s been on Watchdog in the last few months. Every email sent by disatisfied customers to either the chairman or chief executive is dealt with personally by them, in spite of the fact that they are trying to run a business with 7000 employees and 5 million cutomsers.

Fair play to Mark and Chipps. I’d have done much the same.

Mark

Not at all wwaswas, My post wasn’t aimed at you at all 🙂 Nonk was who I was responding too. We seem to disagree on whether I should be bothered about being called a thief on our own forum 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

we will have to agree to disagree then as once again this is in my view getting upity about nowt.

Although I agree with you nonk, the whole episode appears to have been positive for business. Lost one idiot gained several more subscribers. I guess my view of how you talk to customers in a corporate world is very far removed from what you can get away with in a business like this.

The twitter insident was still a bit Ratners though,,,:-)

matt23
    Free Member

Any-hoo…..anyone going out on the bike today or we improving our typing skills? 😆

Tiger6791

This has raised a very very serious point though.

I too have not yet received the now infamous “Issue 62

Now apart from a few posts on the previous thread to update the masses on my non fulfilment I have not complained or moaned. I’ve just sat back assumed RM will get round to it in good time and I will at some point in the future get “Issue 62”

My real issue comes in the form of “A Pint” will all thoses who have waited patiently and said nothing be offered the aforementioned “Pint” ?

nonk
    Free Member

i think you should be more bothered about the fact he has been a happy customer for years and now he is not.
    yes he is a ranty nutter but so are you.
    you attitude to customers has been shown before to be sketchy at best. 🙂

squiff
    Free Member

Its snowing again now so your mag will be even more late 😆 :mrgreen:

Mark

I’m not falling for your baiting this time nonk. Have a good day 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member

My issue 62 is still AWOL. Hopefully it’ll turn up just as I run out of reading material from Christmas.

nonk
    Free Member

righto 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

whislt I think about it I’ve still not been paid for the photo that was used in the Dirt Issue (54??) back towards the end of 2009. But I suppose this will get ignored and forgotten as well.

Luminous
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s an over reaction to be a bit ‘grumpy’ about that.

I agree.

I shall point out too that the life of this thread may be limited and so I would urge the OP to post their apology for calling STW thieves, while they still can.

AlexSimon

My copy just plopped through the door. Thanks guys! It’s obvious that you’ve done everything you can to get these out.

I also sympathise with the posties – there have been some pretty daft decisions made on their behalf by RM this winter.

iain1775
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth
    You don’t know / work for Stuart Baggs do you?
    He has a FTSE Broadband/communications company too 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

whislt I think about it I’ve still not been paid for the photo that was used in the Dirt Issue (54??) back towards the end of 2009. But I suppose this will get ignored and forgotten as well.

Why not ring Chipps direct? His number is on page 1 or 2 of this thread I think

tollah
    Free Member

I’ve given up asking.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

If he does ring Chipps and rants about payment for a photo that appeared in Dirt, I’m not sure that the reply he will receive would be very polite

Ah, my mistake.

tollah
    Free Member

If he does ring Chipps and rants about payment for a photo that appeared in Dirt, I’m not sure that the reply he will receive would be very polite

The Singletrack mag that month was titled Dirt or Filth iirc

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve given up asking.

well stop whining like a petulant child then.

Mark

It would seem you had an explanation from Matt many many moons ago Sheldon. if you are still not happy with the explanation then you really need to pick up the phone and talk to someone here. I’d suggest starting with Matt on 01706 814315 and Chipps on 01706 814249.

tollah
    Free Member

It would seem you had an explanation from Matt many many moons ago Sheldon

Sorry I’ve had explination??

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said I am still quite cross at having the entire company branded thieves and I think that as one of the directors here responsible for that kind of thing I’m entitled and expected to ‘react’ to that and defend our corner. I don’t think it’s an over reaction to be a bit ‘grumpy’ about that

To be fair, I think you’ve shown remarkable restraint by a) Not pulling this thread and b) Not turning off the swear filter and ripping in the OP big time!

(just eating my sarnies and reading iss 62, BTW 😉 )

Mark

Sheldon. Call us!

neninja
    Free Member

I’d like to think that lazlo will later cool down and be embarrassed about what an massive tool he’s publicly made himself appear.

Sadly he probably won’t and will consider his rant totally correct.

‘Angry’ people seem more and more common every year. Is there something in the water these days?

ourmaninthenorth

You don’t know / work for Stuart Baggs do you?
    He has a FTSE Broadband/communications company too

I had to think about this, the name being sort of familiar.

Then I realised it was about some chap turfed out of the Apprentice, a programme I studiously ignored while Mrs North was watching..!

j_me
    Free Member

STW = Ratners (tag)

Oh the irony.

Drac

A classic example of why sometimes working with people will test you patients, it’s usually just one individual out of 100s or even 100s but they will really make you think. Still sounds like ST is better off without him as a customer and has earned many more new ones thanks to his tantrum.

Actually knowing Mark he was very well behaved in his reponse which is to be admired.

ash

I think ST have handled this latest complaint/wind-up (as well as the whole Issue 62..erm.. issue) impeccably.

If certain members of the ST team get openly frustrated with readers and site users at times, from what I’ve seen it’s never in response to reasoned complaints but in response to people being utter time-wasting attention seekers who seem to have nothing better to do than wind-up & argue (not just Lazlo, clearly from this thread)

I think “reactions” from staff on a team like ST are a generally GOOD thing. It shows that they are on the ball and passionate about what they do.

project
    Free Member

To all Singletrack subbies, BEFORE CHRISTMAS I POSTED UP THE DETAILS FOR ROYAL MAIL TO MAKE A FORMAL COMPLAINT, 08457 740 740, ALSO WRITE TO ROYAL MAIL CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND COMPALIN I DID.

Mark will fax you the letter latter i got back.

Oh and i eventuially got the mag and very good it is.

Jamie
    Free Member

Drac:

Still sounds like ST is better off without him as a customer and has earned many more new ones thanks to his tantrum.

So what you are saying is that Lazlo was a construct of STW Towers in order to gain an increase in sympathetic sub orders?

I dunno Drac, seems a bit out there.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 272 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack is just a common thief’ is closed to new replies.