Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 272 total)
  • Singletrack is just a common thief
  • lazlo53
    Free Member

What else can you call an organisation that takes your money and then refuses to deliver your goods? Apart from a paddy three weeks ago (for which I apologised profusely), I’ve waited patiently for the, as yet, non arrival of issue 62. Three days ago, the (unmanned) subscription number promised a personal response to missing issue queries. That message has now gone and been replaced by one that shifts the blame to RM and gives no date by which ST will replace the copies that ST ‘says’ they have posted and that they are contractually obliged to deliver. The issue 62 thread is now inaccessible, presumably because ST is trying to strifle negative publicity, and I’ve reached the point that all my blind loyalty (many, many years of it) to ST has been replaced by the bitter belief that the whole lot of them are nothing but a bunch of cheap thieving con artists. The moment any of them have the guts to answer the phone is the moment I cancel my subscription. Burn me, flame me, I don’t care, I’m past all caring. If any other organisation behaved with such disregard to forward paying customers, they’d have been on Watchdog or some other program that exposes fraud weeks ago.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Get a grip.

Shit happens. It’s a magazine. If the worst thing in your life is that your bike magazine hasn’t been delivered then you are a luckier person than most of us!
    I’m sure that they are working to sort it out.

marty
    Free Member

mine arrived this morning. HTH.

j_me
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning, thanks very much guys.

ojom
    Free Member

Had a bad day?

lazlo53
    Free Member

On the staff AH?

Stoner
    Free Member

The issue 62 thread is now inaccessible, presumably because ST is trying to strifle negative publicity

You’re right. I reckon they hobbled the serves as a cover up. And to purge the forum of TJ’s witterings.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Mine arrived the other day, your not alone in having your issue delayed so wind yer neck in. 🙄

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Good god, at least there’s no real problems in the world. It’s a £4 magazine. Get on Bike Radar and you’ll see that MBUK hasn’t turned up either (and neither has my £50 Ground Effect merino top…)

What a ridiculously over the top response to something that IS NOT IN THE CONTROL of the company. Yes, they have a responsibility to deliver their product, but they’ve been right royally shafted by Royal Mail. I had an eloquent response from Jamie this morning following the automated response that you get when you email the subs address, and rest assured, they’re (almost) as hacked off about is as you.

I don’t have an answer, they don’t really, but it’s not really worth the objectionable rant you’ve just made. I’m not prone to posting on this sort of thread but on this occasion… get some perspective.

Andituk
    Free Member

So your magazines late? I dread to think what you’re like if you have a real problem.

lazlo53
    Free Member

No, good day tbc, just effed up at the end by ST’s thieving

postierich
    Free Member

According to our records you did not tip your postie, so take your sensitive soul to WHS and buy a copy I,m sure Chipps and Co will reimburse.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Stoner – purge me? Do you think STW is run by Stalin?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not theft anyway. It could be fraud but it ain’t theft

HTH

sc-xc

Well you just stole a minute of my life when I read your drivel lazlo. I’m phoning Crimewatch.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Gone to the hills, sod off back there. And take Andituck with you

Jamie
    Free Member

Singletrack stole from me also.

I seem to be missing about an hour of my life most days.

Hangings too good for them!

Stoner
    Free Member

purge me

Ive got a picolaxochino for you here….

Sam

You’re one person who’s not received their magazine. The owners and operators of Singletrack depend on thousands of satisfied customers for their livelihood. I’m sure they’re doing everything they can to ensure you, along with all other subscribers, get their mags as soon as possible.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

No really lazlo53, it’s not worth your insults, heart rate and hair pulling. Sometimes these things happen. Rest assured, a time will come when you need to get as angry and upset as you clearly are at the moment, but right now, it’s not worth it. Believe me – I speak from experience.

ojom
    Free Member

We have 1 left I think. In defence of STW who I know are not ripping anyone off we will send it to you if you POP the cover price in a cancer charity box.

The guys are probably in bed right now and can’t offer an answer to you so I trust you will be a man about this when they get round to seeing this.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Cheers sc-xc, I’ve read enough of your crap

Northwind

What a knob. I mean, seriously.

Mine arrived today btw, still waiting for some other publications from other companies who also aren’t common thieves and who would (if I was a ridiculous enough person to phone up and complain) say exactly the same thing.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Good troll.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Man enough tbc? At least I’m answering, unlike ST who are just hiding behind answerphone messages

sweepy
    Free Member

You’ll shorten your life getting that het up mate,
    you can have my copy if you want it. (its only the newsagent copy tho, and its been in the bog for a week or so now)

psling
    Free Member

Would I be being presumptious to think that alcohol may be involved here…

lazlo53
    Free Member

It’s that good is it sweepy?

bedmaker

got mine a few days ago. Wasn’t too bothere about the wait really….until I found out I missed out on the compi for magura brakes which I was definately going to win.
    Once I noticed that I decided to burn down the ST office with all the staff in it if I’m ever in the area with a can of petrol handy.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

lazlo53 Keyboard warrior and a right tit.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Sometimes yes but not tonight psling

sweepy
    Free Member

I can spend a lot of time in that bog, its my sanctuary, a bit like that ice cave supermans got.

pate
    Free Member

😯

lazlo53
    Free Member

Don’t beat around the bush fh, if you’ve got something to say just spit it out

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Not to worry – I hear they’re going to be sending you a complimentary t-shirt to make up for it.

user-removed
    Free Member

As an aside, I can well believe that the STW team are very peed off indeed – at least one of the ads (CTC if memory serves) was time sensitive in that it was trying to flog Gift Memberships in time for Christmas.

I doubt such advertisers will be amused by the thought that subs readers didn’t get their mags until the New Year.

Just for the record, I don’t give a tinker’s toss when it turns up because I’m not plain weird. If anything, I just feel a bit bad for the mag staff.

chipps

Nope, we’ve not gone to bed here. I’m actually writing stuff to go in the next issue of the magazine…

Anyway… Lazlo, if there’s no response on the subs line, which is studiously manned by Jamie alone for many hours a day, though even he has to eat lunch or have a wee occasionally, then anyone is welcome to call 01706 813344, the main office number, which we list in the magazine, and that will always be answered – from around 9am until gone 8pm most evenings… If you’d like a personal rant, my direct line is 01706 814249.

Hopefully my subs copy will turn up this week too…

Sorry you’re disappointed – we are too, but I’m still hopeful that nearly all of the missing issues will appear soon. If you bump into me at a bike event this year, I’ll buy you a beer and we can talk about the joys of magazine distribution.

All the best
    Chipps

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm. This all seems so disproportionate I am going to have to side with SBZ.

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, and they stole all my forum postings. I’m disgusted.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Don’t beat around the bush fh, if you’ve got something to say just spit it out

Unlike you I can restrain myself, I expect you feel rather silly now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 272 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack is just a common thief’ is closed to new replies.