Viewing 32 posts - 241 through 272 (of 272 total)
  • Singletrack is just a common thief
  • Sanny
    Free Member

What a great thread! If the OP is being genuine in his rant, has he perhaps considered a lifetimes supply of Prozac and a polo mallet to calm his anger? I would hate to be the waiter who gives him Quails eggs instead of Ducks eggs as an amuse bouche! Would that qualify as being the end of civilization as we know it? Oh the depravity! Perhaps the money you save could be spent on a subscription for the Daily Mail.

I wonder if the rant is symptomatic of a wider malaise in society that dictates that whenever something unexpected happens, someone must be to blame! Ice on the roads – blame the weatherman. Mail not delivered – blame the publisher! If you are going to point the finger, at least point it at the right person at least!

I wonder if Lazlo’s head would explode Scanners style if he had a puncture or does he turn into Basil Fawlty at his most rantsome?

Happy days!

Cheers

Sanny

ps I hope he doesn’t have a firearms license! 😀

McHamish
    Free Member

Lazlo’s head would explode Scanners style

I hope he doesn’t have a firearms license!

Either one of these might be the reason he hasn’t replied for ages.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Do what I did & cancel your subscription then! (I now read it in WH Smiths, takes about 10mins)

ezzy
    Free Member

Started reading some of this but frankly haven’t got enough time to read all the posts.
    What I did see was some criticism of Jamie. As a relatively new subscriber I have to say that the guy has absolutely gone out of his way to help me when I had a problem (not of his doing).
    Thanks Jamie and Happy New Year. You can’t win ’em all…

GregMay
    Free Member

OT: Deal with it. Not arsed to read the rambling you are putting out

Mine turned up and i live foreign like!

Well done that Jamie lad/lass

Milt
    Free Member

I quite like it that I never really know when the mags actually due, with it not being every month & it’s a nice suprise when it appears in the post box.
    I got mine a bit late it seems, but have had another monthly mag not turn up at all & was told that RM are already going to be fined for subscription failures anyway, so would rather concentrate on not incurring more fines for newer deliveries.

spikester
    Free Member

Well its not for me to stir things up but im half way through issue 63,
    got it just BEFORE christmas!!!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve not been on the forum much of late for various reasons but I’m jolly glad I had a look this evening.

The op’s remind me of the song Stan by Eminem, if I were Mark or chipps I’d be worried in case he comes a calling.

It’s a magazine that’s stuck in the post you clown – grow up and get a grip. Yeh bad customer service stinks but this certainly isn’t the issue here.

Have a think about your behaviour.

And as for the other guy trying to get some attention – how funny are you?

spacemonkey

For what it’s worth (Mr OP Knobber) we’re quite friendly with our RM postie, and he admitted in the run-up to Christmas that his depot had a backlog of 3000 items. i.e. he’s admitting RM were behind as a result of seasonal activity + snow. So what? Stuff doesn’t get delivered. Life goes on. Or at least it does for those that have one …

timc
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Do what I did & cancel your subscription then! (I now read it in WH Smiths, takes about 10mins)

expect some bad Karma for being a meizer…

neninja
    Free Member

It’s all gone quiet over there,
    It’s all gone quiet over there,
    It’s all gone quiet,
    It’s all gone quiet,
    It’s all gone quiet over there

TheFopster
    Free Member

What an utterly bizarre thread (and I only had time to read half of it). By way of background, I work in marketing and sometimes have to do some fairly large direct mail campaigns. I had huge problems with mail reliability using the default supplier (no names of course), even without the weather.

I noticed one poster said “just dump them then”. Well – I did just that. And guess what – the only other game in town capable of coping with our requirements was no better. Bottom line – delivery by this mechanism of large quantities of items to large numbers of individual addresses is less that totally reliable and there is nothing that you, as user of the system, can do about it.

I am currently planning 2011 and seriously considering abandoning all hard copy communications – not an option for STW. Having been on the receiving end of feedback like the stuff in this post I know how Jamie and all at STW towers feel. My own subscription copy was delayed and I was frustrated. But nowhere near as frustrated, I think, than Jamie and the crew who were dropped in that position by circumstances and could do nothing about it. My only criticism is that losing a subscriber could have been avoided, but would have perhaps required superhuman levels of self control.

Have a nice day everyone. Lovely weather for a bike ride…

Actually it’s raining. TO HELL WITH YOU ALL. F*CKERS.

jam-bo

I got my copy of dirt on time….

AndrewBF
    Free Member

@GregMay : Mine turned up and i live foreign like!

There are people on here who don’t live in Yorkshire :o. And they have post, and bikes, and computers? Wow.

😉

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Just before Christmas there was someone on This Morning (or whatever) explaining what consumer’s rights were with respect to stuff not turning up in the bad weather. I found it a bit depressing that people couldn’t just look out of the window and spend 5 seconds thinking about what’s involved in stuff from STW, Amazon or whoever actually dropping through their letterbox, rather than thinking about how hard done by they are.

I know I wasn’t as seriously inconvenienced as some people but I can’t help thinking it doesn’t hurt to be reminded that sometimes things will interrupt our lives and whining about it won’t help, just for a bit of perspective like.

brant
    Free Member

Just received a letter posted 23rd December. From 3 miles away.

gamo
    Free Member

Mine just turned up!

aP
    Free Member

I got a birthday card posted on the 7th December on Wednesday this week. It didn’t bother me.

sweepy
    Free Member

Whenever I read the title of this thread, in my mind its always in the voice of that meerkat off the telly. I dont know why but consequently it cheers me up rather than annoying me.

Alcopop
    Free Member

this has just brightened up a boring Saturday at work
    thanks to STW and the forum collective for restoring my faith
    in human nature,Ive been dealing with too many numpty’s of the Lazlo variety recently

think i’ll start subscribing again,lapsed a few years back

crazymoon
    Free Member

i’ve found this quite amusing. my ‘what mtb’ (subscribed due to free stuff) was late, i only realised when i saw a copy in whs.

everyones got used to everything being instant due to the internet competition with RM. as long as i know its in the post or has been dispatched then i’m happy to wait.

Great mag btw.

iain1775
    Free Member

Ive just remembered I have a birthday card from back in July still waiting for me at the post office because my mum didnt post it as a ‘large letter’ so there is £1 something to pay on it
    Might see if it can be redirected to the OP to cheer him up

hora
    Free Member

Essel’ sadly this is what I do on my night trips to the trafford centre, skim all the mountain bike, car mags then buy dirt magazine.

Used to be very different. Nowadays I can finish a mag in one toilet sitting. Mbr’s writing just seems like filler text except for the brief insight into the world/blunders of marketing press releases an issue ago

Rosss
    Free Member

I have never seen such a childish and pathetic post concerning a £4 magazine. Get off your arse and off here and go and buy one if your so desperate to read it and leave the complaining to people with real problems.

jimmy

Think I got where I am today worrying about non-delivery of a bike magazine??

FAGGETTABOUDIT!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Oh wow! this is such a great thread! Very entertaining. I’m glad the forum is back to normal LOL! I’ve never bought ST mag, but it must be amaaaazing considering the op’s passion and obvious desperation. You’ve sold it to me Lazlo -I’m gonna buy one!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bastards! Mine’s not yet arrived either!

(However, if I had a subscription it may have got here by now. But it may not have. Do you know what? I quite like this element of suspense!)

tankslapper
    Free Member

Blimey! 😯

All I can say is my new, fresh, crinkly clean copy of ‘Solids and Bulk’ arrived today so there! Its a riot this edition…….

Get you!

fatmax

oh lazlo, please come back, it was so much more entertaining with you around…we all miss you.
    or are you still finishing a big helping of humble pie?

Woody
    Free Member

Hora wrote

Used to be very different. Nowadays I can finish a mag in one toilet sitting.

Ah, the wonders of Senokot and improved reading skills.

Can I suggest Imodium for forum posting 😉

hora
    Free Member

It used to take many many sittings to get through a typical bike mag. I wonder how many bacterial spores were on those well-thumbed-dog-eared mags 😯

Tiger6791

When is cut off day?

Sill nothing in London 🙁

Viewing 32 posts - 241 through 272 (of 272 total)

The topic ‘Singletrack is just a common thief’ is closed to new replies.