Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • footflaps
    takisawa2

About 6″ here on the North Lichfield Plateau. It’s even given my car a quiff..

IMAG0059 by pten2106, on Flickr

bruneep

More snow showers disappointed to say the least.

yunki
    Free Member

snow joke 🙁

Duggan

It is quite annoying how the media seem to have co-opted the weather so it’s now a media event rather than just the weather.

noteeth
    Free Member

Rubbish slush in Bristol. Thawing for a bit. And then re-freezing – usually at night. This seems to be something of a pattern, as far as I can tell.

Will update as necessary.

mattk
    Free Member

Loads around Birmingham, can’t wait to go out for a spin later

Jamie
    Free Member

RustySpanner

To the OP, I really hope this thread has helped.

To take your mind off the issue, how about a song?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GemKqzILV4w[/video]

or maybe a nice sit down with a good book?

Or these two?
    Always cheers me up.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQyY0uoGhE4[/video]

aracer
    Free Member

Just on case patriotpro is missing his updates, we had ~4″ in Malvern on Friday and about another 1/2″ today to top it up (though obviously what we had has settled a bit, so we don’t now have 4 1/2″). All blown off the tops a bit, but good skiing conditions on the commons and golf course. Optimal grip wax for XC skiing is blue extra.

bruneep

still nothing

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Snowed earlier
    Stopped now
    Might snow again later

toppers3933
    Free Member

it has stopped snowing in leicester. been chucking it down all day. we have plenty of the stuff now.

boxelder

inch or two near Keswick – fingers crossed (forlornly) for school closure

patriotpro
    Free Member

Kids school closed means papa gets to stay at home 😉

Time to get priorities in order and purchase sledge….

patriotpro
    Free Member

Boxelder – I believe it’s heading your way – crossing fingers for you 😀

andermt
    Free Member

Side streets in Coventry are quite slippery after a lot of snow fell yesterday (a lot in a central England sense, not like when I were a lad up on rural Scotland) and have not been cleared, main roads are fine, but I still managed to drive all the way to the office in rural Bedfordshire (roads here are quite bad but no issue if sensible) and it was only about 15mins longer than normal.

However it seems it’s all too much in Coventry and most of the schools are closed, including my lads!!!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Lots of snow overnight in the Hope Valley, schools closed, I have closed the office so a lunchtime snowboarding session looks possible.

rickon
    Free Member

Whiteout in Perth area, pretty windy. Just going to get the van warmed up for a pootle into work.

I’m going out, I may be some time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

chaos this morning

watching folk car sledging down a hill with the wheels locked clipping a wall to make the corner – like lemmings the next one did the same.

till an audi got its self wedged at 90 degrees between 2 walls with about 3 inches at either end and no hope of getting out without damage.

then the rest of the cars trying to do 3 point turns and getting stuck in the drifts at the side of the road.

turned about and took a road that the traffic announcements said was 4×4 only -in my RWD. was one of the best conditioned roads id been on all morning !

RustySpanner

Left sock slightly moist after snow came over boot top at approx 7.15.

No serious damage.

cranberry
    Free Member

There were a couple of cms of snow here yesterday – fine powder, but the roads were pretty clear this morning. My night heater ( aka PonceWarmer ) was working fine this morning and the car was warm and defrosted as I climbed into it.

It is a bit foggy now.

Jamie
    Free Member

No snow today, OP.

bruneep

Still nothing. 😥

FFS! I’m further north than Moscow

<looks out of window, again>

footflaps

We finally got some yesterday in darkest East Anglia:

Snowy garden by brf, on Flickr

wrightyson
    Free Member

Plenty last night. Off sledging shortly!
    Think this thread has the ability to go “stupid headset” distance?

dazzlingboy

Snowing all morning in Edinburgh but actually less lying on the ground now than there was when I was out first thing. Poor effort.

aracer
    Free Member

Went to Clent Hills today. Incredible skiing conditions – it would have been easy to imagine I was in Norway (to be honest the snow was better than what I’ve sometimes had in Norway). Definitely better snow there than in Malvern.

RustySpanner

My sock’s dried out now.

Thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snowing near Innsbruck right now – most of the day actually. In fact, most of the week.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Still snowing here.

bruneep

still nothing to speak of despite the showers.

matt_outandabout

Blizzard here, walked up and down the mile long drive at work for the first time this winter today.

bruneep

Yey some snow at last

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got 5 inch out here bru
    Took the fat bike out for a spin earlier to the quarry – might as well been on skinnys was hard work in the powder as it was so deep

Hd to bash through 3 ft drifts getting out to garlogie this morning , gert fun !

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh and got some strange looks off neighbours for clearing snow off the drive this morning before it froze …guess what those neighbours will be digging out but much deeper and more frozen at 6.30 am

Jamie
    Free Member

No snow again. Looks like the weekend’s dumping will slowly compact and turn to ice.

matt_outandabout

Boom! It hit here today. Knee deep around work site. Proper good snowball fight with the guys today. And my staff decided to climb on the roof, wait for me to exit the building and off-load the contents of the roof with well timed accuracy on my head. I was floored. I think I came close to feeling what it is like in an avalanche… 😆

eugeo81
    Free Member

Just started effing snowing again here in stourbridge. Annoying as I’m waiting on parcels from Royal Mail / crc and I know the bloody delivery van won’t drive down my street (mega incline) 😥

bruneep

@ matt maybe not the best thing to say just now.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.