Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • mert
    Free Member

Got more here too, again. All melted over the last couple of weeks, just a bit of ice left on the rock faces in the garden.

Now we’ve got another 6-8cm…
    More forecast over the weekend!

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve not been on the forums or even thought about them for years, but I remembered this particular thread this morning 🙂 Forecasts of Snowmageddon in Huddersfield mean I’m on a train to London now rather than this evening. Looking on our security camera feed there’s just a little bit more than a dusting right now, I feel cheated 😐

FB_IMG_1707342975307

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Some people seamed to think we were promised loads here (although local forecast only said rain) Couple of big secondary schools made the decision to close yesterday.

Its just a mixture of rain and very wet snow currently.

crazy-legs

Its just a mixture of rain and very wet snow currently.

Same here (NW edge of the Peak District). Might be some wet snow lying further up on the hills but at the moment it’s just a cold and wet day with the beginnings of small patches of slush in places. However I’m WFH so I don’t have to worry about any travel stuff.

johndoh
    Free Member

Starting to get a nice covering in Harrogate – it looks like the wet sort, but that’s great for snowballs 🙂

scotroutes

Currently too cold for snow here (-8C) but what we already had has frozen into a bit of an ice rink.

johndoh
    Free Member

Currently too cold for snow here (-8C)

That’s not too cold for snow – it’s less likely, but still very much possible.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s never too cold for snow. It’s just that in the UK that precipitation often comes with warmer air.

stingmered

Exactly. I was in Oslo the other week and it was -25degC and snowing… too cold for snow is sort of an aphorism, but generally limited to the western parts of the UK.

MoreCashThanDash

Just cold rain in Nottingham, and a light dusting at home near Ilkeston.

Had a fantastic email from daughters 6th form college last night, announcong that they would be closed and doing online classes today in light of the yellow and amber snow warnings in their catchment area.

It finished with “Yes, we know this guarantees we get nothing more than a bit of rain”

robertajobb

Slushy shiiite here in Belpershire.

The pup labrador has had a mental 10 mins running at 100mph in the garden as a result.

Then jumped in the pond 🤬

the-muffin-man

It’s OK in Matlock town centre – bit slushy on roads.

Head up the hills though and it’s chaos! Slack, Cromford Hill, Tansley etc.

IHN

Up here in the East Cheshire Alps/North West Peak Massif it’s proper snowing and, having watched a car try three times to get up the little rise outside the house, I think I’ll be walking to Scouts tonight

Flaperon

Bucketing down in Leeds but not settling. 😭

ads678

Bucketing down in Leeds but not settling

It bloody is in Morley. I’ll be in Woodlesford in half an hour so I’ll update again soon.

MoreCashThanDash

The usual roads around Buxton reported closed due to snow or rubbish driving

andy8442
    Free Member

I can’t see Baildon moor, because it’s snowing too much!

fathomer

South Sheffield, there’s maybe 75mm on the shed roof but it’s stopped now. The stuff outside the back door is pretty wet and slushy. Mrs has to walk the last mile or so home as the roads are blocked from abandoned cars!

ads678

Not as much in Woodlesford as there was in Morely. Needs to drop a couple of degrees to stick properly.

midlifecrashes

Had a fall of about 2 hours, but not sticking. Dogs enjoying the slushy field while it lasts.  Doncaster.

dogsnow

sharkattack

Absolute carmageddon in central Sheffield as always. Stuck vans and lorries all over the place.

Bunked off early and went sledging with Junior. Great fun.

ElShalimo

Meanwhile in HX4 it’s been heavy snow since 8am, probably got 3-4″ and the forecast is heavy snow until 8pm, then sleet until 11am tomorrow.

In typical fashion it’ll all be gone by Saturday as the temps are increasing.

bikerevivesheffield

20240208_125131

Sheffield an hour ago (S10)

matt_outandabout

Oi, that is my old house!

9mwmr6zc6d7b8uz9cmx2mc1w5dcj4gx0

nickc

That bloke walking down the street has left his car door open

nickc

He’s probably wondering what that strange yellow circle is

midlifecrashes

Don’t eat yellow snow.

matt_outandabout

I would be impressed by anyone who could create such a yellow ring….

crazy-legs

Both my bins blew over. There is sod all in the way of snow. 🙁

IHN

Oi, that is my old house!

Are you sure? It looks a bit like the back of my old house

nickc

Did it have a strange giant yellow ring hovering around it when you lived there?

matt_outandabout

Did it have a strange giant yellow ring hovering around it when you lived there?

Someone has added it afterwards. I doubt it has added much to the value.

martinhutch

I looked assuming it would be a snow-free roof indicating a weed farm!

Plenty lying around up in Skipton. BBC forecast (sleet) wrong, Met Office (heavyish snow all afternoon) correct.

bikerevivesheffield
    stumpyjon

Carnage here in East Lancs. Lot of roads closed over the tops due to crashes. Have it every year, slushy in the valley bottoms, blowing snow 2 miles and 800ft further up the road. Loads of people chance it in unsuitable vehicles, get stuck or crash and block the road for people with half decent tyres.

matt_outandabout

@matt_outandabout on btr?

@bikerevivesheffield
    – Sln/BTR corner. 111.

matt_outandabout

Are you sure? It looks a bit like the back of my old house

@IHN
    – You were BTR/Slinn/Western?

jeffl

In slushy chesterfield and it snowed and settled for a few hours. Popped out on the bike around 3pm and headed east to higher ground but gave up as all the local stuff was horrible slushy half melted snow. Pretty miserable TBH.

Northwind

We have about 1mm here. If there’s one thing I cannot stand it’s low-effort snow. Plan your attack, weather, keep it in reserve til it’s cold and dry and then do it properly.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.