Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,463 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • deviant
    Free Member

Plenty falling in the Surrey hills currently, everybody driving sensibly so far and no RTCs as yet for me.
    I like this weather but hate the disaster type coverage on the news.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Light snow in west London. Settling, probably about 15-20mm deep at present.

Aristotle
    Free Member

deviant – Member
    I like this weather but hate the disaster type coverage on the news.

It provides them with safe, easy, local “news” to report on, looking serious stood next to an A-road in a Berghaus jacket.

Snow! In Europe! In January!

Whatever next?! Rain in summer? Maybe a day or so of sunshine in July?

bruneep

Snow showers now in Aberdeen

LoCo
    Free Member

6″ near Cwmcarn, further 12″ due today and coming down hard at the moment, (in the middle of the Red warning zone 😀 ) working from home today as don’t fancy getting stuck at the workshop, off to find some snow chains for the van in bit. 😀

EDIT: oh yeah we’re dooomed, snowmageddon e.t.c 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

Light fluffy stuff in the “nothern” part of the Surrey Hills.

CountZero

Chippenham, now:

Jamie
    Free Member

Still nothing.

I do hope the OP appreciates the these updates.

…be heartbreaking if he didn’t.

mudshark
    Free Member

Wife was told to go home at 11am, still pretty heavy here in Surrey. she passed a car on its roof, shook her up a bit!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

West London update:

Snow continues to fall, ground cover stands at a current depth of 30-40mm.
    I have enough fresh provisions for two days, but might need to have a poke around in the freezer by Sunday evening.

More updates to follow later.

psling
    Free Member

she passed a car…

Blimey, that would even shake Jamie up a bit 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye bruce – the kind of snow showers that last for 30 seconds then go off 🙁

mudshark
    Free Member

psling – are you a bit special?

scuttler

No wonder we’re screwed. From BBC moron publicity feed (why do I even read that shit)

“It was hard to slow down in these conditions without skidding; it seems a lot more distance is needed to slow down or to come to a full stop. A lot of drivers don’t seem to keep the safe following distance between them and the car in front.
    The average speed of traffic was 35 miles/hr and still it was difficult to have control over the car.
    Scary conditions, my advice would be only drive if you absolutely have to and if you don’t have experience in driving in the snow, don’t drive today.”

Thanks for that genius. I guess you have no experience having only just found out that it takes longer to stop in the snow and that it’s OK to drive at the same speed as everyone else even though you’ve recognised it’s difficult to control your car. Please stay at home. Div.

Jamie
    Free Member

It is now snowing.

Drac

Stopped snowing.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

still snowing

LoCo
    Free Member

Stopped snowing here for a bit and is now snowing again, I have bought all the stock of loo roll in the area, if anyone needs any it’s £2.50 per roll 😈

Aristotle
    Free Member

Snowmageddon has stopped for afternoon tea here. We’re awaiting the 1 metre depth to arrive before home time.

RustySpanner

Why are they called snow flakes? They’re not brown OR crumbly?

I dumped a load of them on Ms S when she was in the bath last night.
    Did she smile dreamily and sink happily under the surface? No, she struggled like hell.
    Very misleading tbh.

Snow now coming in from left to right if I face one way, or right to left if I face the other way.
    Same near you?

fatalbert
    Free Member

Looking like it might snow

cranberry
    Free Member

Still
    Not
    Snowing
    in
    South
    Hollandshire

rossi46
    Free Member

There’s a whole 2cm outside my door!
    Think i’ll go to the shops and buy everything.

While i’m there i think i’ll fill up my car.

Hang on it’s snowing, that makes me completely unable to function.

Panic!!!!

😆

justatheory
    Free Member

ARMAGEDDON IN MANCHESTER!!

Light dustings of snow are causing minor inconvenience for drivers and making old people think twice about going outside.

I’ll keep you all posted if the situation deteriorates. Stay safe out there.

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks for that genius

As I was out sweeping snow off the cars just now a bloke came DOWN our steep hill cul-de-sac to do a three point turn at the bottom, which is what people normally do in non-snowy weather.

He did seem surprised that he couldn’t drive back up the hill, but in all fairness he was Indian so may well not have experience of just how slippery it can be.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    Still nothing.

I do hope the OP appreciates the these updates.

…be heartbreaking if he didn’t.

I’d be lost without them Jamie…

PS – It’s snowing here 😡

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Went over the shop to get some milk and a man wearing slip on loafers fell over twice in the street, not an ideal footwear choice given the conditions.

mudshark
    Free Member

he was Indian so may well not have experience of just how slippery it can be.

Racist.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I dumped a load of them on Ms S when she was in the bath last night.

Genuine lol! What was her revenge?

Jamie
    Free Member

PS – It’s snowing here

Don’t forget to keep us updated.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

West London snowmageddon update: Snowing has ceased.

Total coverage for the day is 40-50mm
    Coniferous trees look pretty
    There has been damage. A car slid into a parked car, driver had a quick look and drove off again. Gave his details to the neighbour that owned the parked car.

MrOvershoot

Pathetic amount in Chester/Wirral & Liverpool

About 20mm, most roads were just wet

bruneep

Sleet now

grantway
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ZeeKd0sI4[/video]

grum
    Free Member

Nowt here as per bloody usual. 👿

breadcrumb

Nowt in NW Cumbria. Which is nice.

Spongebob
    Free Member

We clearly need another major event, to give the news reporters something slightly more worthwhile to get stuck reporting on.

The non-news we receive these days shows journalists up to be rather condescending, suggesting how feeble minded and unintelligent we all are.

However, their inane questions and comments surrounding non-news subjects, that get such a disproportionate amount of airtime, gives us an insight about the substance of these people. I often bear this in mind on the now increasingly rare occasions when they are actually delivering hard news. I take everything that they say with great scepticism, especially the BBC with their ridiculous one sided leftwing bias!

I listen and read less and less news than I used to – its bad for your well being. CNN – constant negative news! Bad news sells and journalists keen to make a name for themselves with their sensationalist bullshit, distort and exaggerate with no bounds! Many of them are not fit to hold these positions of influence and should be held to account for the misery they inflict on us day after day.

Switch off and go ride your bike is my advice. Gets you fit, lifts your spirits and is a time to reflect, putting life into perspective. Now if only that snow would melt… 😀

Aristotle
    Free Member

The news coverage of what is actually normal, fairly temporary, winter weather is quite embarrassing.

glupton1976
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-21101217

Five climbers caught in an avalanche in Glencoe – Bidean nam Bian. Three missing, one other with serious head injuries.

RustySpanner

Stanley Baxter’s on 4Extra.
    That’ll cheer you up.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,463 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.