Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano XTR vs. SRAM X0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Shimano XTR vs. SRAM X0
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hey Chaps

I’ve got a few different setups:

SRAM Eagle X01 shifter & GX mech
    SRAM Eagle GX shifter & X01 mech
    Shimano XTR 12sp Shifter and XT mech

The Shimano XTR setup feels pretty heavy, stuff and clunky in comparison. That’s with new XTR cable and outer.

Anyone else find the same? I’ve been running SRAM X01 for years, and always remembered Shimano having a very light action in comparison to the positive feeling SRAM.

Ricks

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I swapped the SRAM 12sp on my Hope for XTR as I prefer the multiple shifting and the position of the levers. Just didn’t gel with the XO after years of Shimano
    Also use XTR on my Tallboy and find it very light and crisp to be honest.
    I would say it’s a very positive and definite “click” though for each change and seems more so than in my 11sp Shimano (both XTR and XT)
    Cheers
    Steve

coatesy
    Free Member

Only dealt with a couple of new XTR set-ups, but yes, found the release trigger action a bit clunky too.

benpinnick

I have both and while I don’t find XTR ‘heavy’ at least not while it’s working properly it’s definitely much heavier in action than XO. SRAM’s top end kit has a very light and fast shift.

joebristol

@benpinnick – when you say ‘at least not while it’s working properly’ what do you mean by that? Is new shimano 12 speed not quite as good as some reviews suggest it is?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Shimano XTR vs. SRAM X0’ is closed to new replies.