Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano XM9/900

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Shimano XM9/900
  • Have they stopped making these – very few sizes available anywhere and has been the same for months? Love my old Shimano MT91 boots but have been hankering after a newer pair.

If anyone spots a size 44 let me know

bens
    Free Member

I wanted a pair for while and when I actually got around to buying them, found they were discontinued.  They’ve also killed off the ME7 too.

It looks like they’ve been replaced with the EX9 which look OK but I haven’t found much in the way of real word feedback. Possibly because they’re £200?

I really wanted something like the XM9 to replace my Mavic Xa Pro boots before the soles fall off and the XM9 looked perfect. Hiking boot meets biking boot and I can’t really find anything else suitable.

z1ppy

I bit the bullet, & bought some Ex 09’s. As I’ve worn out a set of all the mt/xm series, & just couldn’t get any more xm’s. A quick 2 month review.. Definitely a sleeker boot, seemingly much lighter than the xm or mt’s, fit is great with the boa lacing (my old laces were always cemented with mud), & I thought surprisingly warm. There an interesting look, but once covered in mud, does it matter? There’s still a big hole in the top to let in water, but again the boa & top cuff means a better seal than I ever managed with the old boots. The sole has changed from vibram to a Shimano own design, & I haven’t tried them in really muddy conditions (currently off the bike) to say if there good/bad.

Overall I’m more pleased with them, than I expected to be. A decent replacement, if they last as well.

I found a pair of 44’s – ordered, then the order got cancelled as not in stock.

Then found some 45’s but once the order was placed the shipping date went to early November, so guessing they won’t come either :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.