Home Forums Bike Forum Shimano 8120 brake pads?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano 8120 brake pads?
  • boardmanfs18

As usual in these times, no stock of Shimano branded brake pads anywhere.

Need some to replace the finned brake No3A pads on my 4 pot XT brakes, I’m guessing the fins only come into play if you are really hammering the brakes on long descents?

Any recommendations for some new pads, so I don’t end up wrapped round a tree.

thols2

I binned the finned pads on my brakes for the same reason, use Nukeproof sintered pads, seem to be cheap and reliable.

https://media.chainreactioncycles.com/is/content/ChainReactionCycles/Catalogue/Size%20Charts/nukeproof/NP_BRAKE%20PAD%20COMPATIBILITY.pdf

rhayter

There are loads of alternates to the Shimano pads which work just as well and also don’t RATTLE LIKE BASTARDS.

stevextc
    Free Member

Very happy with the Fibrax ones in my 7120’s…

argee

As thepurist listed, i use the non-finned uberbike ones, £35 for 4 sets, they work just as well as the finned shimano ones for me.

Unless you are properly smashing long descents where you’re on the anchors a bit i doubt they’re that useful, it was also less painful to change out pads on my enduro recently, as it somehow got contaminated front and rear whilst sat in the house (i’m blaming the daughter!), so changing out for 17 quid is a bit less depressing!

chakaping

There are loads of alternates to the Shimano pads which work just as well and also don’t RATTLE LIKE BASTARDS.

It’s mad how much noise they make when they start rattling innit.

I’ve used all sorts of aftermarket ones and not had any real duds.

Clarks off eBay were the last lot I think, £4 or £5 a pair posted.

I’m agnostic between organic or sintered, my Zees are nice and powerful so I don’t mind that the organic ones take the edge off a bit (and tend to be quieter).

boardmanfs18

Thx, went for the uberbike race matrix pads as was four sets for the price of one set of Shimano!

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

8020 pads Do Not fit 8120. As my mate found out yesterday and had to borrow my bike…..

Local shop said 3 months to get finned ones at the earliest….

Unfinned ones work fine but just dont look as good….

simondbarnes

8020 pads Do Not fit 8120.

Non-finned ones (eg D03S) fit both

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 8120 brake pads?’ is closed to new replies.