Home Forums Bike Forum Science in Sport

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Science in Sport
  • ratherbeintobago

Anyone know what’s going on? Range seems to be getting smaller and smaller…

jonba
    Free Member

They seem to focus a lot on their core high performance products (beta fuel).  I wonder if they are just scaling back the rest? They are also part of a wider group so same approach there – little point having two products compete in the same market.

Homepage

ratherbeintobago

PHD stuff isn’t Informed-Sport tested which doesn’t really bother me, but irritatingly PHD is a separate website with a separate but identical loyalty scheme.

Even during the pandemic SiS had a bigger range (even if I was the only person who liked Blueberry Blast Turbo+…)

flannol
    Free Member

Wow – looks like they’re winding down their stock of Go Electrolyte. As a user myself, I assume it is very popular, and thus will be missed. No other (affordable) brands make as comprehensive a mix. Same for their Rego – it has more different nutrient and mineral classes in it than competitors. Will be a shame if they disappear!

stevious

Didn’t they have a change in management last year? I seem to remember reading that Stephen Moon was stepping down as CEO

ratherbeintobago

@flannol Where have you seen that? They’re certainly winding down the Protein20 bars and there won’t be more once they’ve sold out.

Seems a pity, want to support a local company but…

flannol
    Free Member

@rather – Shop>Energy Powders> … Go Electrolyte no longer available in 1.6kg; only 500g. No choice of flavours. Similar state for the non electrolyte energy powder, they only have one option (that I can make out)

The recovery drinks look to have changed to 1.5kg bags (down from 1.6kg tub) – maybe that’s the new direction and they’ve yet to update their carb mixes? Time will tell…

mikeyp

Still do the tiramisu energy bakes!

ratherbeintobago

There’s always been intermittent supply of GoElectrolye/GoEnergy though; they used to do a raspberry flavour which was nice but became unavailable a couple of years ago. I think tubs are being phased out given the PHD range is largely bagged?

@mikeyp
    You say that like anything tiramisu flavoured is a good thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.