Home Forums Bike Forum Saddlebag/Seat pack for Sprung Brooks Saddle (B67)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Saddlebag/Seat pack for Sprung Brooks Saddle (B67)
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’m looking to get a seat pack for my B67, but the springs seem to be really in the way in the mounting of a seat pack. The other option is are Carradice Saddlebags, but they’re much heavier, and I wonder how much they will weigh as I would feel the need to get a support as I’d be using this on my mtb. Would really appreciate some suggestions/advice please!

This isn’t my picture, but you can see how a seat pack wouldn’t mount properly.

scotroutes

Ok – I’ll bite.

Why are you using a heavy, sprung, leather saddle on your MTB?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Ha! It’s what I have and find comfortable. In hindsight I would have bought the non-sprung version. It’s not exactly a full on enduro mtb either, if that’s what you’re thinking of, it’s a rigid steel Pine Mountain.

CraigW
    Free Member

Something like Bridge Street saddlebag? http://bridgestreet.cc/

Probably lighter weight than a Carradice anyway.

ransos
    Free Member

A Brooks has its own gravitational field, so why worry about the weight of a Carradice? It’s the obvious match.

midlifecrashes

Planet X has a Holdsworth/Carradice  bag selection going on at the minute with the Holdsworth branded ones much cheaper than the originals. The Barley bag is a bargain at £34.

qwerty
    Free Member

I like that Bridge Street one, does it stop you getting your weight back on descents?

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendation Craig, it looks great for commuting, but I’m not sure how sturdy it would be for off-road riding.

Midlifecrashes, cheers for the recommendation, but it’s pretty much a Caradice one, and looks quite heavy. Also, the measurements are odd, it states that it is 118cm long and doesn’t provide a carrying capacity?

The best I’ve found is this https://dragonfly-gear.com/product/large-saddlebag/ but including shipping it’s around £120. Might just be cheaper to get the rigid B67 and a normal saddlebag… but so much more trouble! Would be fairly lighter too I guess.

StirlingCrispin

Rather than a B67 take a look at a Ti-B17.

Amazingly comfy leather saddle. I put one on my bike and set off on a week-long tour.

Spa cycles will be happy to chat you through the options:

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s144p0/Parts-and-Accessories/Saddles-Brooks

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the response StirlingCrispin, I think I will get a B17 actually, my only worry is that the B67 is already so comfortable, so it’s a bit of a change, and I’m not sure it will be as comfortable!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Saddlebag/Seat pack for Sprung Brooks Saddle (B67)’ is closed to new replies.