Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • Houns

What a try!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland have already qualified for the next World Cup though, is that right?

Houns

This is the first game I’ve watched live of this RWC (and I’ve only just tuned in in time for second half…. Scotland look knackered. Their lawyers going to sue now that game has gone ahead and they’ve got flattened by the Typhoon that is the Japanese team

5plusn8
    Free Member

Speaking of AB’s, Japanese handling us ABesque.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Japan are playing such beautiful rugby here.
    Simple, effective and beautiful.

spawnofyorkshire

The scots have woken up a bit, took a leaf out of the Japanese style there and just kept going and going. Benefits of quick ball

loum
    Free Member

Scott’s getting very niggly off the ball.
    And that hooker acting like a footballer.
    Still trying to support them but they do try hard to make themselves hard to like.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crikey.

What a game!

akira

Scotland getting back in but soo much work still to do. One of those great matches that I’m not sure I’m enjoying.

gauss1777
    Free Member

The tide has turned somewhat. It will be interesting to see how Japan deal with this. A lot of time left.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t they have to beat Japan by 7 points now…. So they need 2 tries, not just the one that the commentator is saying?

gauss1777
    Free Member

I think they need another for the bonus point. Then the rest of the points any way they can get them >7

theotherjonv

they need a win and a try bonus point, but then Japan also have a bonus point for 4 tries so they also need to beat Japan by >7

So assuming JP don’t score again (big if) then SC need 36 or more of which one score must be a try

imnotverygood

Scotland need two converted tries and a pen.

Pigface
    Free Member

Loving this 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

theotherjonv

I’m exhausted, and I don’t even really care!

I can’t see SCO doing this, I hope they show a bit of class at the end – it’s got a chance of getting a bit tetchy though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

What a turnover by Japan. Their defence has been pretty damn good.

Despite my thoughts on the SRU and their toy throwing, today has been a gripping game. Well done Japan, they’re no mugs and actually a bloody good team.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sayonara Scotland 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Not a bad game that, not bad at all.

Kryton57

What a spectacle!   With all that’s gone on this weekend, how proud would you be to be Japanese?

imnotverygood

Get in!!!

spawnofyorkshire

WHAT
    A
    GAME

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Sometimes I start to wonder if I’m too harsh on the English. Then I have a little exchange like this and I remember why there is no better feeling than seeing England being made to look like idiots.

gauss1777
    Free Member

They played well for a tier 2 nation, but in the end it just wasn’t enough …

; )

Houns

Nihon!

olddog

Every now and then I am reminded of what a beautiful thing sport can be…

mikey3
    Free Member

Turns out Scotland had a stinker of a group, Ireland who are always pigs to play and the up and coming team in world rugby with the whole country behind them,typical Scotland really

tjagain

What a game. You can only say well done Japan. I have seen Scotland play worse and win. I have never seen a team play with such speed and precision as Japan did in that game. Hardly a mistake or a dropped ball, very low penalty count, fantastic skills.

The ball hogging ability of Ireland, the support play of NZ and the ball playing skills of Fiji

One can only admire them for it. Good for japan, good for the game as a whole, good for the tournament

Northwind

That was awesome. I mean, I’d rather if we’d won, like, but still.

tjagain

And the debrief. Townsend must go.

tails
    Free Member

Should have taken the draw. Was a cracking game, the energy in the last 20 was something else. Now let’s just hope someone does a job on the all blacks to open the tournament further.

hols2
    Free Member

Wow, that was a fantastic game. Credit to Scotland for coming back so strong in the second half.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Turns out Scotland had a stinker of a group

Nah. Would Scotland have beaten Argentina? Would Scotland have beaten Fiji? Would Scotland have beaten Italy?
    It won’t be long now until we hear how many of their players they were missing. Townsend has to take a lot of the blame.

spawnofyorkshire

So Japan vs the saffers….

Philby

Best game of the tournament so far. Hope the Japanese can beat South Africa again in the quarters. Good performance from the Scots in the 2nd half but what a supreme attacking and defensive performance from Japan in both halves.

mindmap3
    Free Member

And the debrief. Townsend must go.

I thought he was the saviour of Scottish rugby? On a serious note who would replace him?

pedlad

Awesome game. Go japan. Scots are poor in structured play. Rely too much on hail Mary’s from Russell. He nearly gave away two interception tries there. Well deserved Japan and will be cheering them against SA.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sometimes I start to wonder if I’m too harsh on the English. Then I have a little exchange like this and I remember why there is no better feeling than seeing England being made to look like idiots.

Vinegar to with that chip on your shoulder?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

On a serious note who would replace him?

Chieka?

😉

tjagain

It won’t be long now until we hear how many of their players they were missing

Nope – pretty much a full squad to pick from . Watson the only noticalble missing player and Ritchie filled in for him fine

I thought he was the saviour of Scottish rugby?

NOPpe – the fans were pretty much unanimous that we should have kept Cotter for the whole WC cyle and the SRU made a huge mistake in parachuting in the inexperienced Townsend.

Heads should at the SRU as well

Rely too much on hail Mary’s from Russell

Most of what looks like unstructured play is actually very structured moves.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.