Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • anagallis_arvensis

Wales best player broken again will miss world cup. Poor Faletau 😥 had a shit year.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ah man, that’s a real shame. Whom at 8 for you then? …..it’s too late to claim the Vunipola’s 🤣

anagallis_arvensis

Moriarty after that the cupboard is bare

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunnng! Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 697 - The Sprunn...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5plusn8
    Free Member

Resource for games locations etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Rugby_World_Cup
    Warm ups https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Rugby_World_Cup_warm-up_matches

It seems bad news to you Angalis but I’ve seen Wales play amazingly with seemingly 2nd string players. I think when they lose some top guys it just motivates everyone to be more betterer. They seem to need some kind of tragedy to keep them boosted.

England meanwhile will be shit and probably get knocked out in the group stages, we have serious problems with France, Argentina and America who can look quite terrifying and will bring something different. Or we limp into the knockout stages only to be trounced there by Wales/Australia. We are in deep trouble.

anagallis_arvensis

It seems bad news to you Angalis

It is Faletau is a world class player and has hardly played for over a year.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’m not dissing his class, but you can do well without him.

Kryton57

England meanwhile will be shit

Absolutely guaranteed because the other day I watched a serious video on an NZ site which claimed and evidenced that with a mix of experience and talent at our disposal and apparently the best warm up process / schedule in the world, Thats this is our best chance since 2003.

And with reference to the rest of your post I agree because as evidenced by Squidge, we can play the latest EJ strategy in the first 20, then all goes to pot on the field when an adaptation needs to happen.

Sigh.

samperry25
    Free Member

Faletau is a class player but can’t seem to keep injury free. We didn’t really miss him for the 6N and we’ve got a few options for the whole of the back row so I’m not personally worried yet.

Starting back row for me:
    6. Wainwright
    7. Navidi
    8. Moriarty

Will probably **** it all up in the quarter finals again though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Either of our first knockout games kick off at 9.15am whilst I’m on a jolly in Benidorm on the lash! That’s going to be a looooong day!

anagallis_arvensis

England can put out a very strong squad and should do well.
    Wales lose the likes of AWJ and Jiffy Junior and we are screwed. As said we can cope with the loss of Faletau, although Moriarty at 8 is a big step down, but not those 2. If we get through 4 games v Eng and Ireland with no more injuries we’ll be doing well.

tjagain

Scotland:
    This is where we find out if Townsend is any good as a coach. Some difficult decisions to make like captain, back row balance, Who plays 9 and which of the back 3 candidates to leave out.

Not too many injury issues

5plusn8
    Free Member

Angalis said

should

This is our problem. We should but hardly ever do..

5plusn8
    Free Member

Anyway I shall support the other 6N nations with all my heart and hope to see one of us do well. I am expecting a run of form from Scotland. Mark my words. We will all be astounded.

anagallis_arvensis

Anyway I shall support the other 6N nations with all my heart

I wont 😁😁😁😁

Although I would like to see a NH team win.

5plusn8
    Free Member

That’s OK mate, you nurture your feelings.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Just wondering and I don’t suppose it matters, but do these upcoming friendlies count towards Wales record winning run?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m not too confident about England’s chances. Cipriani is obviously not going to be on the plane and for the past 2 years I’ve been banging on about needing to blood scrum Half’s, now a few weeks before the tournament we’ve got Willi Heinz in the squad.

Kryton57

So it’s England v Wales next weekend, and Elliot Daley has issues the rallying call.   It’s full on he says, and England will be out to smash Wales.

Didnt we hear that before?     Even I’m getting sick of the England rhetoric these days, it’d be nice if they kept it low key and did their talking on the pitch.  On the plus side, every time there’s a clip of Anthony Watson he looks  a class above the rest – I appreciate that’s media marketing but it’d be good to have him back – full back v Wales with Daley & May on the wing?

anagallis_arvensis

Not a bad start.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1 … 0905932800

Wonder when the england and wales teams are announced??

tjagain

linky no worky for me

anagallis_arvensis
    tjagain

Ta

gauss1777
    Free Member

England team to face Wales

England: Elliot Daly; Ruaridh McConnochie, Henry Slade, Piers Francis, Anthony Watson; George Ford (C), Willi Heinz; Ellis Genge, Luke Cowan-Dickie, Dan Cole; Joe Launchbury, Charlie Ewels; Tom Curry, Sam Underhill, Billy Vunipola.

Subs: Jack Singleton, Joe Marler, Harry Williams, George Kruis, Lewis Ludlam, Ben Youngs, Joe Marchant, Joe Cokanasiga.

Wales team to face England

Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies; Nicky Smith, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis; Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones (C); Aaron Wainwright, Justin Tipuric, Ross Moriarty.

Subs: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Jake Ball, Aaron Shingler, Tomos Williams, Dan Biggar, Owen Watkin.

No Farrell?

tjagain

No Farrell?

Who knows what jones is thinking? Is Farrell being rested as he had a long hard season or is Jones finally reasoning ford is the better attacking 10?

Both sides look a wee bit experimental to me.

But then as a Scots fan I have the Toonbola effect where we never know who will be selected

tjagain

So which side will come up with innovations in tactics this WC?

I am a bit scared of Japan as they have form for doing unusual things and they scored against Scotland with a rolling maul of pure beauty last WC

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No punches being pulled by Y Gat here, not one.
    https://twitter.com/WelshRugbyUnion/status/1159766147039973376?s=20

anagallis_arvensis

Both sides look a wee bit experimental to me.

Welsh team is pretty much full strength. Not sure whats happened to Rob Evans.

tjagain

Anscombe at 10? Is Gatland still making up his mind? Is Preistland out now?

samperry25
    Free Member

I was a heavy critic of Anscombe when he played fullback in the past but I was really impressed with his efforts at Outside Half especially in the 6N. I like the option of Biggar on the bench as an impact player.
    Don’t think Priestland is in garlands plans at all.

anagallis_arvensis

Anscombe at 10

Has been first choice all season. Priestland hasnt been in the squad for years

Navidi and Rob Evans are the only two first choice players not included.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have not seen much of Tomos Williams play, although I’ve heard he’s tidy. So I hope he gets a decent run out. Not that I know how I’ll get to see the match.

tjagain

Fair enough

anagallis_arvensis

I have not seen much of Tomos Williams play, although I’ve heard he’s tidy.

He is very good, lovely instinctive attacker attacker, lacks a bit in game control though. I would pick him over Davies.
    I was hoping to see Owen Lane get a go too.

IdleJon

What’s the thinking behind playing 32 yr old Heinz this weekend? An attempt to limit damage to the main WC squad, or a serious contender to play in the tournament? And if the latter, why has he been brought into international reckoning so late?

I was just looking at ticket prices for the games in Japan. (Not that I’m going – just curious!) Over £500 for the first game. £180+ for Scotland v Ireland. £250+ for Wales v Australia. The final would require a lottery win for me, even if there were tickets left.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have not seen much of Tomos Williams play, although I’ve heard he’s tidy.

He is very good, lovely instinctive attacker attacker, lacks a bit in game control though. I would pick him over Davies.

Thanks a_a, I’ve not been impressed with what I’ve seen of Davies. Unfortunately Tomos appears to have picked up a knock and Davies is playing.

Kryton57

I’m sorry but I’m disapointed, and expect a relatively easy Welsh win.   With all the bluster from Mr Daley and Mr Jones we have half an experimental side with uncapped players against a full strength Wales in our own back yard.

A smashing loss blooding untested-at-this-level-players doesn’t seem the best way to enter a RWC, surely poor for established and new player motivation and squad cohesion.

FFS

Kryton57

Try that

Vid blocked by the NFL but I heard it on the news.  Thats a middle finger to the English establishment if ever there was one.

anagallis_arvensis
    Tom-B
    Free Member

Jesus **** H…. So Wales (coached by a man with hugely proven track record) are basically full strength. We’ve got two of our first choice back row, then the second or third choice in every other position. A bloke that’ll be on the bench as captain, and Piers **** Francis and Will **** Heinz in the team. We’re ****

tjagain

Piers Francis – the same chap that played a season fir Edinburgh and was let go for being utterly rubbish? IIRC he was playing ten and after we let him go we didn’t have a ten at all on the books – so we were better off without a 10 than with Francis!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.