Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Uruguay putting up a good show here.

BruceWee

It’s not just the SRU who have come out big this badly, lots of the fans have too. Lots of moaning on Facebook about what a farce the cancelled games are, how badly organised it has been etc.

I would dearly love to see how you would be reacting if it was England in the same position. I’m not even sure if you’re English or not. I’m just assuming you are due to your complete tone-deafness and lack of awareness of irony.

FIFA may be massively corrupt but even they know when you start cancelling WC games and declaring them draws you are admitting your sport is a joke.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’ve had messages from friends in Fiji, USA, NZ and Oz all saying basically the same thing – The Scots are really whining about this. I hope they lose.

BruceWee

The Scots are really whining about this. I hope they lose.

And **** you too.

tjagain

Funny that – the fans board I am on are basically following the line of ” its our fault for being shit against Ireland and the SRU are looking stupid for whining”

tjagain

Namaste:

mindmap3
    Free Member

I would dearly love to see how you would be reacting if it was England in the same position. I’m not even sure if you’re English or not. I’m just assuming you are due to your complete tone-deafness and lack of awareness of irony.

And I’m sure if it was England you’d be full of sympathy. We’ll ever know how the RFU would react because they’re not in the situation. I would hope that they’d take their medicine having signed up to the same agreements as everyone else. Whataboutery at its finest.

Scotland knew the rules / risks beforehand and signed up to them. When it didn’t look like it was going to suit them the toys were ejected out of the pram.

anagallis_arvensis

Well played Uruguay great to see the gap closing!

BruceWee

And I’m sure if it was England you’d be full of sympathy.

England wouldn’t find themselves in this situation. Neither would the ABs. So no, whenever England have difficulties I have no sympathy. World Rugby give you all the sympathy you need.

Sometimes I start to wonder if I’m too harsh on the English. Then I have a little exchange like this and I remember why there is no better feeling than seeing England being made to look like idiots.

tjagain

Bruce – don’t get wound up by numpties.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Gents, we all need to dial it back a bit. There has some been some great rugby and there will be some more, lets try and stay friends.
    As an English I feel it would have been harsh on both teams not to play, I feel bad for Italy too. However I think people need to look through the tinted specs and remember that people have died in this storm already. One death is not worth a rugby match. Imagine if it had gone tits up. They have been navigating a difficult path. Also just because you disagree with Townsend and possibly the SRU, lets not take it out on the team or the fans.

akira

Agreed, let’s keep this thread about the actual rugby rather than degenerating into a grudge match.

anagallis_arvensis

England v Aus should be an epic!!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Yeah TBH I have not been impressed with either side, so lets hope they raise it.
    I’m frothing about the Scotland game. Apologies to you lot, but I am rooting for the underdog.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

And **** you too

Hey! Don’t shoot the messenger!

TJ – what’s that cup? It’s so long since we’ve held it I’ve forgotten what it looks like.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland knew the rules / risks beforehand and signed up to them. When it didn’t look like it was going to suit them the toys were ejected out of the pram.

Nobody would decline signing and miss out on the World Cup. In threatening to sue, surely Scotland were attempting to make the WRU stick to the contract they’d signed. Anyway, the game is on – let the better team win.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Apologies to you lot, but I am rooting for the underdog

So you’re supporting Scotland then?

gauss1777
    Free Member

How did Hogg get away with that push?

Kryton57

I’m just assuming you are due to your complete tone-deafness and lack of awareness of irony.

I didn’t know this was an English trait, I thought it was just me 😀

Exciting already, but I can’t help hoping Japan would win, it’d be so good for them.

5plusn8
    Free Member

So you’re supporting Scotland then?

I’ll set them up, you knock em down.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’ll set them up, you knock em down

😆

Anyway, on with the rugger.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Sweet try. I’m going to just support whoever’s behind.

gauss1777
    Free Member

What a game! This is why this game was so eagerly anticipated.

theotherjonv

I think he’s dodged a card there. Good decision but could have gone differently

TimP
    Free Member

That was a beauty

sprocker
    Free Member

Japan on fire now, some real gas in the back 3 and handling across the 15

tjagain

I can only applaud Japan for this. Speed speed speed – of feet, of hand, of thought.

I don’t really mind being beaten by a team playing rugby of this quality. Its not that scotland are being poor. Its that Japan are excelling and would grace the qfs.

No way back from here

gauss1777
    Free Member

Oh my goodness! At work people had no doubt Scotland would win. They will be stunned. Scotland have so much to do now. Winning would be hard enough.

IdleJon

Good job that Japan spent so long preparing for the Irish game. Imagine how far behind Scotland would be if Japan had been preparing for this game. 😆

mikey3
    Free Member

Japan sharpening their swords, making Scots look so slow, glad Wales not playing Japan on this form, not all over for the Scots yet?

tjagain

Its all over.

BruceWee

Apologies for my comments. Now that it’s basically all over I’m feeling more relaxed.

It’s shite being Scottish.

onehundredthidiot

I think they’ve been training to play tier 1 team moves, when you watch tier 1 they play very strict structures, which is what Scotland are doing wrong today.

tjagain

They could lets us have the ball a little bit? No? Be kind to us minnows

hols2
    Free Member

At work people had no doubt Scotland would win.

Why do people keep underestimating Japan? Since the last WC, it’s been obvious that they are a good team who deserve to be taken seriously. After the Ireland game, surely nobody still believed they’d be easy-beats.

mikey3
    Free Member

A lot can happen in one half,game not over but Japanese players must be flying

gauss1777
    Free Member

At work people had no doubt Scotland would win.

Why do people keep underestimating Japan? Since the last WC, it’s been obvious that they are a good team who deserve to be taken seriously. After the Ireland game, surely nobody still believed they’d be easy-beats.

I think a lot of Scotland’s fans have somewhat rose tinted specs. However, they’ve done it before. They just need to pretend they’re playing England ; )

hols2
    Free Member

null

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Apologies for my comments

No apologies necessary mate. It’s all harmless banter.

You’ll get your own back when the ABs hump us in the semis…. 😉

Besides 31-0 down at Twickers and look what happened.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Oh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM