Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Burrell now confirmed by Warrington Wolves.

anagallis_arvensis

Thats an odd one.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Very strange! Although it’d be hilarious if he nicked Sam Burgess’ place at the next league world cup.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I don’t follow Union much (even though I’ve started coaching U9’s) is he a starter at Northampton? He did start with Leeds Rhinos I believe.
    I doubt anyone would take Burgess’ place, unless he got injured.

anagallis_arvensis

Although it’d be hilarious if he nicked Sam Burgess’ place at the next league world cup.

😀😀😀😀😀

dantsw13

The good thing this week is there is as much pressure on Wales with their “best ever run”

Sounds like we will see them then😎🤩.

anagallis_arvensis

The good thing this week is there is as much pressure on Wales with their “best ever run”

Do you really think that? England are rightly firm favourites. I reckon its a 7/10 game for England. If Wales lose by a small margin but play well I’ll be happy enough. I am worried we could get beaten by a lot though. The pressure is all on England IMO, thats why the only person talking them up is Eddie Jones.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

dantsw13

Sounds like we will see them then😎🤩.

Yep 😉

5plusn8
    Free Member

England are rightly firm favourites.

I’m not so sure. Yes the Ireland game was awesome, however France were there for the taking and any decent side would have done. I thought we looked flat, lost even in the 2nd half.
    Wales have shown a consistent mature performance. They are going to be tough to unpick and we will have to defend remorselessly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Although it’d be hilarious if he nicked Sam Burgess’ place at the next league world cup.

😂 Post of the Week!

anagallis_arvensis

we will have to defend remorselessly.

I doubt it, England will be stronger in the set piece and with more ball carriers should dominate posession. Wales will be the ones defending a lot

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m not so sure. Yes the Ireland game was awesome, however France were there for the taking and any decent side would have done. I thought we looked flat, lost even in the 2nd half.
    Wales have shown a consistent mature performance. They are going to be tough to unpick and we will have to defend remorselessly.

I feel much the same. Wales will deal with the kicks better; especially having had two weeks to work on a way to counter. I doubt we’ll be scoring a super quick try either.

Our shape went big time in the last quarter and I thought it was disappointing that we didn’t score 50 or 60 points against such shit opposition. The AB’s would have taken them to the cleaners.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I doubt we’ll be scoring a super quick try either.

Yeah Gatland won’t be falling for any of Eddies tricks.

The AB’s would have taken them to the cleaners.

Yup, this showed the gulf between us and them.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

Thats an odd one.

Maybe not that odd. He’s from Huddersfield and grew up playing League. Says he always fancied the idea of Super League at some point.

My nephew grew up playing both and, although he eventually plumped for Union, always says his favourite was League.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The AB’s would have taken them to the cleaners.

44-8 wasn’t clean enough?

When the ABs played FRance they did it the other way. France were in two of the games well into the 2nd half until they got blown away in a rush of points.

We annihilated them well before halftime. Game over. It’s hard to maintain that total dominance for 80 minutes.

Tom-B
    Free Member

@dontdropthesoap yeah he’s a regular at Saints….had a couple of years where he was first choice for England too….seems he was massively affected by getting dropped for the 2015 world cup. Not sure he’s played for Rhinos though….think he was at Leeds Carnegie, then us for a bit (Sale) then Saints.

mindmap3
    Free Member

44-8 wasn’t clean enough?

No, not really. The foot should have been kept on the throat and a proper cricket score racked up. No mercy! 😂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just seen that Strauss may not be able to travel with Scotland and therefore miss the game because he’s apparently lost his passport. Could be another blow for them.

Is anyone keeping an eye on TJ? He’s been pretty quiet recently.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Yeah 44-8 was awesome, but I don’t think we scored anything after 55mins? That last 25 was a bit dire. I feel like the ABs would have run in two or three more in that time.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales will deal with the kicks better; especially having had two weeks to work on a way to counter

Pick a fullback at fullback and have him stand in roughly the right place shouldnt take 2 weeks!

mefty
    Free Member

He’s from Huddersfield

The birthplace of the game, no less.

IdleJon

They’re going to lose that winning run sometime soon, so when would it be best to lose it? Against a strong England or Ireland? An injury-strewn Scotland? I can’t see them carrying on that winning run through a grand slam and into the WC quarters or semis. (The final is too much to think about for a Welsh person!)

Have they got any pre-WC warm up games?

sprocker
    Free Member

Think they have a pre warm up game against England among others. Wales winning run remains me a bit of England’s record equalling one, flatters to deceive.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tuilagi has signed for Racing 92.

tjagain

Scotland team
    Dell McInally Berghan
    Gilcrest Gray
    Bradbury Ritchie Strauss
    Laidlaw
    Horne
    Johnson Grigg
    Seymour, Kinghorn, Maitland

About as good as we could get given the injuries. good to see Bradbury back – played last week for Edinburgh and was immense. Fagerson on the bench as well coming back from injury

Nick Grigg AKA the pocket battleship is 5’7 and 14 stone IIRC Bastaraud will be licking his lips

Look out for Darcy Graham off the bench as well – another midget but absolutely on fire right now. Mind you – what sort of a name is that for a scots rugby player

Full on private Frazer mode now! doomed!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Bummer about Manu moving to France but given his injuries over the last few years I’d be cashing in too; £2.5m over three years is a hell of a contract.

God knows why Shields is on the bench for Saturday. Big Joe in the bench too. Moon starts at LH which makes sense to me.

anagallis_arvensis

Tuilagi has signed for Racing 92.

Thats a big blow to English rugby!

dantsw13

I don’t expect Manu to make it unbroken through to the RWC. Certainly not the next one, so cash in whilst you can.

tinybits
    Free Member

I’d love a fit Manu to be playing for Tigers and England, but he’s only just coming back to form from 5 years ago! He’s not showing the explosive power and pace that he had yet either, so a massive loss? Not so sure.
    Oh, and his agent (His brother) is saying it hasn’t happened…

Anyhow, Lots of posts on here saying that both teams are the underdogs. On the last 2 games, England ought to walk this one, bonus point win time…. There’s no way that’s going to happen. Squeaky bum time from me but I’m going for a just sneak a win for England, holding out at the end to win by 4.

onehundredthidiot

Speaking with D’Arcy Graham’s dad last night, pretty confident he’ll get a run against a tiring french side deep in the second half.

tinybits
    Free Member

Freddie Tuilagi (agent) on social media ref Manu move to France:

Its more like Rugbytwats.com not Rugby Pass
    It’s only Feb it’s not April’s fool yet

I reckon it’s a done deal then!

anagallis_arvensis

so a massive loss? Not so sure.

I was thinking more about losing box office stars to France rather than just in rugby terms. If the top trams start losing their top players straight after that big cash injection from whoever it was, things dont look good.

Anyhow, Lots of posts on here saying that both teams are the underdogs. On the last 2 games, England ought to walk this one, bonus point win time….

Indeed if the roles were reversed I’d be expecting to win, as it is I have little hope. England should win with something to spare, but then worse Welsh teams have beaten as good England teams. What worries me is England usually make loads of chances but blow them to keep us in the game, currently they are scoring freely. Still we live in hope. Teams must be out soon…runs off to check!

anagallis_arvensis

Wales: Liam Williams (Saracens); George North (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets), Josh Adams (Worcester); Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Gareth Davies (Scarlets); Rob Evans (Scarlets), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Tomas Francis (Exeter), Cory Hill (Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, captain), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Ross Moriarty (Dragons).

Replacements: Elliot Dee (Dragons), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues), Adam Beard (Ospreys), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons), Aled Davies (Ospreys), Dan Biggar (Northampton), Owen Watkin (Ospreys).

anagallis_arvensis

England team to face Wales: Daly; Nowell, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell, Youngs; Moon, George, Sinckler, Lawes, Kruis, Wilson, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Williams, Launchbury, Shields, Robson, Ford, Cokanasiga.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I met Fred Tuilagi….. he’s bizarre/insane/a total weapon in equal measure, and is also mates with a few of the rugby pass guys too. On paper it is a big loss to English rugby, in practice, he’s played what 30 games at a guess for England and made his debut about 8 years ago!

tinybits
    Free Member

yep, 31 games now I think. He was awsome when he burst onto the scene, and playing alongside his brother in the Tigers team I loved (especially the day they nearly destroyed Bendy, the Bath full back) but he costs a bloody fortune and there’s little return…

dantsw13

Bizarrely my missus isn’t bothered at all by being surrounded by rugby beefcakes! George Ford really is tiny though…

dantsw13

And from the horses mouth… Itoje fit for the next game in 2 weeks time.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Bizarrely my missus isn’t bothered at all by being surrounded by rugby beefcakes! George Ford really is tiny though…
    And from the horses mouth… Itoje fit for the next game in 2 weeks time.

danstw13: are you playing tomorrow?

Sorry, but the excitement is getting too much now.

Kryton57

Sorry, but the excitement is getting too much now.

Yeah – I’m actually as nervous as 2003!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,161 through 2,200 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.