Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m getting excited too which worries me! Normally when that happens we play badly and it’s back to square one…

Kryton57

If we lose I’m doing a Darcy and might venture back in a week or two.

dantsw13

Gaus – I was a little out – “gunned” in the jacuzzi, although my dodgy beard would have fitted right in!!

Cockanasinga is a brute of a wing some size as Billy V – who I think he has a bit of a man-crush on!

anagallis_arvensis

I am not excited, just hoping Wales dont get hammered!

lister

All this talk of Wales having 2 weeks to prepare the fullback for all the kicks…it wouldn’t surprise me if England don’t kick at all and have spent 2 weeks planning something completely different. Seems to be the Eddie way.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I shall be supporting all 3 underdogs this weekend IMHO Scotland, Wales and Italy.
    Unfortunately Italy have no chance as far as I can see.
    France v Scotland could go either way, but I fancy France for the win. I cannot tell what score to expect though. Should be a nice aperitif for the second game.
    Initially I thought Wales had about a 1 in 4 chance, but I’m swaying to a 1 in 3 now; really can’t see it being any more than this. Everywhere I look there are people talking about the game, videos of previous games etc… I really hope it’s as eventful as some of the great games before.
    England are favourites, but they’ll have managed something impressive to beat Ireland and Wales away from home – I feel it would make them and NZ clear favourites for the World Cup. If however, Wales beat England and then Ireland beat Wales, then that would open everything up much more.

Apologies for my wittering but this is getting all too much. I’m interested in others predictions, what d’ya think?

gauss1777
    Free Member

I am not excited, just hoping Wales dont get hammered!

Indeed, I could cope with them losing. But, I don’t want to see them totally outclassed.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wales won’t get pumped if we do win. It’ll be a tense, tight affair. Wales U20’s won tonight; I hope that’s not a precursor for tomorrow!

Gloucester playing well tonight with a healthy lead over Sarries. An they hold on? McCall must have been cheesed off given how quickly he emptied the bench.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Morgan has had a cracking game for Gloucester; carries well, tackled well and scored two tries. He looks a bit fat and unfit still but gets through a hell of a lot of work.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I feel like one does before an exam or the birth of a child. How to fill the time?
    I really wish Halfpenny was playing; Liam Williams is so good, but I have a horrible feeling England will win by less than the number of points
    lost to missed kicks : (

Pigface
    Free Member

Hate this day of the year, nerves anxiety living in the wrong country

Kryton57

Many years ago I was the sole English occupant at Bryn Meadows during an England/Wales game.  We lost and I think Carling got pummelled in a tackle much to my 150 new Welsh friends raucos delight.  That was a heavy afternoon and and evening heavier morning…

Pigface
    Free Member

Bryn Meadows 😂😂😂😂😂

anagallis_arvensis

I really wish Halfpenny was playing; Liam Williams is so good, but I have a horrible feeling England will win by less than the number of points
    lost to missed kicks : (

I think Biggar is the better kicker these days. Surprised he isnt starting.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One for you, AA

joelowden

Going to be a long afternoon I think……😕

anagallis_arvensis

That French try was lovely!!!

joelowden

The chip through was also lovely but for the knock on….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This was posted about half an hour in to the game…

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Only one score at half time so Scotland should win, but the French may have a 10 who is not completely insane. Will the coach get Ntamack on the laughing gas over the break ?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Oh oh, the French are enjoying themselves!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not going to plan for Scotland. Looks like it could well be a very long 6N for them with their injuries.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sheesh, Benneton absolutely hosed the Dragons today. Surely the Italian national team will start to benefit from the better performances of the domestic teams.

psling
    Free Member

Well, if you really really want that bonus point…

anagallis_arvensis

Sheesh, Benneton absolutely hosed the Dragons today.

Meanwhile The Ospreys are pleased to announce that they will still exist next season, thats how broken welsh rugby is!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s piss poor from Scotland. Looks like a bad tournament for them due to injuries. Losing to that french team is bad.

Meanwhile, I’m fully prepared for the wheels to come off English rugby this afternoon.

joelowden

French team was much better today but Scotland were not that good at all 🤨

welshfarmer

Here we go. Got my cushion ready to hide behind! May the best team win (unless it is England of course 🙂 )

gauss1777
    Free Member

Anyone else almost overcome with nausea?

anagallis_arvensis

Good luck everyone!

anagallis_arvensis

Thats an awful decision

gauss1777
    Free Member

Good luck everyone!

Indeed. Let’s have a game of fantastic rugby!

dantsw13

Peyper been awful so far – both ways!

Kryton57

Anyone else almost overcome with nausea?

Yes…  but better now!

Kryton57

Jeez I need a rest!!

dantsw13

Any refs tell me why that Vunipola turnover was a pen? The ball was well behind the back feet of the ruck – it’s out surely?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

What was the Welsh 10 thinking 3 mins from the end. Scrum against the head and booted it away! 🙄

gauss1777
    Free Member

Jeez I need a rest!!

Ha, I was just thinking the same 😁
    England have been too strong so far, but the score could be worse. Time for Warren to do his halftime thing!

anagallis_arvensis

Still in cause the ref said so, also welsh player still had his hand over it.

Tom-B
    Free Member

When I grow up I want to be Tom Curry

Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.