Rugby Thread 2018/19

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • mindmap3

Bummer about Mako being broken.

Moon had a good autumn and is very good in the set piece. I guess it’s Genge and Moon at loose head from now on in.

Let’s hope Eddie doesn’t do any silly judo training and break anyone else. Maro is a loss but we’re pretty well stocked at lock. Other positions less so.

mindmap3

London Irish have signed Naholo for next season. They really are splashing the cash.

If we close the bridge England will have to take a ferry and Tuilagi might jump off it and get arrested.

Premier Icon burko73
    Subscriber

at least it’ll be cheaper this yr for the England team as the bridge tolls have gone!

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Super Rugby starts tomorrow morning, Chiefs v Highlanders. Excellent.

Tom B

Christ, just seen that Hogg and Huw Jones are both likely to miss the rest of the tournament. Are there going to be enough players left for the England Scotland game?!

1/2p pulled from Scarlets game still concussed from the fair challenge in November!

mindmap3

Bad news for Halfpenny that and scary to think that he’s still having issues. That’s a bloody long time to be dealing with it. Fair tackle my arse.

Scotland’s strength in depth looks like it’s going to be severely tested over the coming few weeks.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

A page ago I was mocked for my comments on 1/2p. It seems they were trying to rush him back, maybe.

5plusn8

I’ll go for maybe.
    Seeing as he didn’t make it past training, and has yet to play a game since his injury, wouldn’t you say that it seems that actions of Scarlets and the WRU kind of show that they actually have got player welfare at heart.
    Bad news for Halfpenny.

mindmap3

Biggar limped off after 20mins playing for Saints today. The fly half selection for next week’s game may be made for Wales if he’s crocked.

Tom B

….on the subject of that game….Sale….**** me ☹️

mindmap3

Yup. That’s a proper dicking handed out by the Saints.

I shan’t be too smug given that Quins are pumping Worcester.

Bloody Italian teams and their massive budgets.

Cardiff v Glasgow. Mental.

Oh, and Matthew Morgan. Steps.

loum

Massive budgets or dodgy reffing

Bloody Italian teams and their massive budgets.

You’ve been very quiet recently, you ok? Still sore? 😊

Crikey, that Glasgow Cardiff game was crazy! Glasgow doing well in the league.

mindmap3

Ashton out of the game in Saturday with a calf strain. Guess big Joe comes in as the bench option.

Eddie has so far managed to keep his gob shut too. Has he learnt his lesson?

Ashton out of the game in Saturday with a calf strain.

Thats a shame.

Hearing Russel failed a HIA too, someone better check on TJ!

Tom B

Looks like Julian Savea is after a new club…..Toulon owner suggesting that he’s after a DNA to check whether or not it was the real Savea that’s been running around this season!!!

French rugby is an absolute shambles.

Tom, the batshitmental owner has also hinted he’d be happy to let Webb go.

Albanach

That Henderson ‘clear out’ doesn’t look good at all.

Tom, the batshitmental owner has also hinted he’d be happy to let Webb go.

Great!

Henderson clear out does look bad, lifts his leg and head hits ground first, accidental most likely but should see a week or twos rest. I saw it live, not sure how the video ref missed it, although TBF he probably dozed off. Worst game of rugby in years!

Updated- Webb has apparently been told he’s free to leave now. (Need to read some more to fully get down to whats actually been said. Will be on to French rugby twitter for a read…)

dantsw13

Really looking forward to the Wales match this weekend. There are intriguing match ups all over the pitch, and Wales are always up for a fight against England. The draw has been tough to them though with Ireland next too – esoecially seeing they can rest some against Italy. You would expect some battered bodies after the Eng game.

I’m staying at Pennyhill Park Thursday with the missus – be interesting to see if the squad are still there.

mindmap3

I’m looking forward to it as well but from behind a sofa! 😂

Although we’ve had a good 6N so far, I’m waiting for the wheels to come off and ya getting bought back down to earth and I can’t think of many others more wiling than the Welsh, at home. I do wonder if the fallow week will work against us by taking some of the momentum built away.

Ireland should have a fair easy victory and Scotland need to find some players and escape the weekend without any more players broken.

I see Brunel has made a few changes. Dropped Parra and Lopez although nothing to do with their criticism of the coaching staff…… apparently.

He’s also picked 19-year-old Romain Ntamack at fly-half although he plays centre for Toulouse.

“That is not a problem. To have spoken with him, I know that he has no particular preference, he evolves in a position of centre with Toulouse, but at the same time he is an organiser of the game,” the coach added.

“If we ever had any doubt, we wouldn’t have done it.”

Well, that’s all right then isn’t it?

The only way France are going to win any games will be if they ignore the coaches (a la the 2011 RWC). Or play a team missing most of its best players……

mindmap3

Jesus. French rugby really is a bloody mess. I wonder if Brunel will make it to the WC or will they just bin him off? Italy will be really really targeting their game with France as one they stand a good chance of winning.

I wonder if Brunel will make it to the WC

Well he’s best mates with the President, Laporte, is he not?

No Parisse for Italy. A long afternoon beckons…

ChunkyMTB

dantsw13

I’m staying at Pennyhill Park Thursday with the missus – be interesting to see if the squad are still there.

Friday lunchtime…..depart… 😉

Luther Burrell is going North.

Tom B
    5plusn8

Although we’ve had a good 6N so far, I’m waiting for the wheels to come off and ya getting bought back down to earth and I can’t think of many others more wiling than the Welsh, at home. I do wonder if the fallow week will work against us by taking some of the momentum built away.

This is my pessimistic outlook too. I am expecting Wales to stick a spoke in the chariot wheels.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

This is my pessimistic outlook too. I am expecting Wales to stick a spoke in the chariot wheels.

+1

Looks like Genge will start.  Thats a pretty abrasive front row we have there, and some hefty carrying with him & Sinckler.

Genge and Sinkler, I hope we start with Rob Evans he’s a complete wind up merchant!! I cant really see Wales winning this but I suppose there’s always a chance England could lose it.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 3,061 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.