Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • anagallis_arvensis

The 2nd moriarty oirish one was insane and I didn’t know he was and England junior.

Played for England under 20. Born in England as his dad played league in 80’s.

Personally I think he should have been banned from the game for that

He was 4 weeks

5plusn8
    Free Member

He was 4 weeks

Yeah I meant forever. Like the dude the broke that guys arm, he should have been banned forever too, was it Callum Clarke?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Fake tough guys everywhere nowadays…..nothing is really going to happen is it if we’re honest. You or I could square up to anyone in an international match and the reaction would be the same.

Whether it’s Sinckler’s official or unofficial role to be a wind up merchant, he certainly revels in it. One of my mates was at Epsom college with him and he was an absolute cock 24/7 apparently!

Round three predictions:

Ireland Italy….. Ireland by 30+

France Scotland…..could go either way, I’m saying injuries will play against Scotland and France to nick it by 5

Wales England…..I daren’t! On paper England slight favourites, in reality, it’s Wales’ RWC final everytime they play England so it really is too close to call 😎

anagallis_arvensis

Now on Clark we can agree. I think Moriarty would have let go before he died!!

anagallis_arvensis

On paper England slight favourites

On paper England are massive favourites and with the bookies.

Kryton57

On paper England are massive favourites and with the bookies

So were Ireland…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sinkler is a tit. Which is a shame because he’s actually a bloody good player and offers a lot more than say Cole.

Clark is a grade A a-hole. I’m amazed any team wants him on their books after that especially as he’s not exactly an outstanding player.

Wales England is too tight too call. I don’t t care what the bookies say! Wales at home on a good run of form even though they’ve not really hit their straps yet, Gatland’s fianl year etc. Oh, and it’s England. Pissing on our chips will be perfect for them.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales England is too tight too call. I don’t t care what the bookies say!

They are mostly right.

Wales at home on a good run of form

Did you see the last 2 games?

Now dont get me wrong I’ll be hoping for a win but its a 3/10 game for Wales. England should win.

Wales will at least play a full back and we usually drop the 10 too to help with kicking so a major flaw in both Irelands and Frances game Wales shouldnt have. North will struggle when turned by kicks though and isnt the best in the air. We could do with 1/2p at 15 and move Williams up. Shame he’s still concussed from that fair challenge! Other than that its a case of can the much less powerful Welsh forwards stop their ball carriers from gaining momentum.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yeah, you guys were a bit pants in the last two games but they won. But I guess Gatland and co will be happy that you’ve gone about your business like that; no one is really paying much attention or giving them much hope.

Wales have a pretty good set piece; they won a decent amount of penalties against a massive French pack (certainly more than we did). The line out needs work. Plus they’ll feed off emotion / the crowd. Due to the press / bookies the pressure of largely off them and on England. Cardiff in two weeks will be a bloody cauldron.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Away from the 6N : London Irish have managed to sign SOB for next season. They’re spending big ready for next year.

Does that mean the end of his international career as Ireland rarely pick those playing outside of Ireland?

anagallis_arvensis

SOB to Irish is an odd one. He must have averaged 5 games a season over the last 4 years.

loum
    Free Member

Central contact up after WC
    He’s unlikely to make another WC cycle so won’t get another.
    He’ll keep playing for Ireland up to WC exit (qf Argentina) then retire, like Best, Kearney, Toner, earls, maybe sexton.

But he’s got a big contact for 3 years signed like insurance policy, like POC and Toulon last time.
    LI have got as good a player as they are likely to get.
    And Leinster have leavy, vdf, and Penney for 7 next season

peteimpreza

BBC are reporting 1/2p is back in the squad and over his concussion

bigblackshed

Of course they wouldn’t just throw 1/2p back into the mix, what with an important game coming up. Player welfare is paramount.

#Sarcasm failure

5plusn8
    Free Member

I expect that he is fully recovered? That is why he is back? Whats the problem are you worried we can’t handle him?
    I would rather we played a full strength Wales. Personally thrilled he is back in the squad.

anagallis_arvensis

BBC are reporting 1/2p is back in the squad and over his concussion

He’s been in the squad the whole time.

Of course they wouldn’t just throw 1/2p back into the mix, what with an important game coming up. Player welfare is paramount.

If his welfare wasnt important as you imply he’d have got game time last week.

I wonder if he’ll be released to play this weekend.

Glad he is recovered.

Tom-B
    Free Member

If everyone is fit, what is the first choice Welsh back 3 nowadays? So many injuries over the last few years that I’ve no real idea. Is Liam W or 1/2p first choice 15?

Kryton57

I would rather we played a full strength Wales.

Likewise, lets have a fair game and not a “we lost because we were depleted” excuses.  One of the pundits quoted this the best welsh team ever (not sure about that personally) which’ll make it much sweeter if England win away, bit also a much more admirable situation should we lose.

anagallis_arvensis

If everyone is fit, what is the first choice Welsh back 3 nowadays? So many injuries over the last few years that I’ve no real idea. Is Liam W or 1/2p first choice 15?

I would have said 1/2p 15 North 14 and Williams 11 but Adams has been very good, so maybe he could replace North. Not really sure. Given Englands kicking game 1/2p would be ideal at 15 but I doubt he will play after such a long lay off.

Some good stuff here:

http://www.rugbypass.com/news/analysis-what-wales-can-learn-from-the-all-blacks-in-order-to-beat-england

anagallis_arvensis

One of the pundits quoted this the best welsh team ever

Eddie Jones is not welsh!!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve been impressed by Adams too.

DezB
    Free Member

Looking at this series on ewetube

Christ, whoever makes those shite videos is watching the wrong sport.

Kryton57

Eddie Jones is not welsh!!

Oh come on now…  😉

tinybits
    Free Member

Do you think that England will use the same kicking game as they have the last 2 games against Wales? I know that Eddie struggles to change, but wales are going to field a decent full back and probably use their 10 to return balls with vengeance, there simply isn’t going to be the space!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I hope they bring something more, I read somewhere that we would use the “power game” too. The kick game against Ireland was backed up with some hardcore attacking and defending. I felt like in the 2nd half of the France game we were resting or experimenting or soemthing because they just wellied it every time.

anagallis_arvensis

I suspect they will keep hold of the ball more as Wales dont have the forward power that Ireland and France have, but then Wales do have a good defence. It’ll be interesting for sure. If Williams is 15 they will test him and if a non match fit 1/2p plays they’ll go after him too.

Tom-B
    Free Member

During our resurgence over the Autumn and the last two games, kicking game has always been the key really. We’ve not dominated possession in many games, but our defence has been incredible, we’ve not conceded too much, we play a pressure and territory based game…..simple eh!!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ok AA thanks, I will look out for that.

That rugby pass has a few items about reffing that are interesting.

Trying to be objective, as an England fan, I did feel we had a few things go well for us, and as a neutral the ref did appear to have it in for Scotland.

I thought the incident on Hogg was an easy yellow, he raised his elbow to Hoggs groin, it was clear assault/foul play.

The Sinkler incident was an easy yellow in my book, I don’t get why it wasn’t. However I have noticed Owens kind of thinks “boys will be boys” when it comes to off the ball stuff so maybe he is more tolerant of that. Anyway we all love a little dust up.

I can see the logic someone explained earlier about “probable try” for Ashton, but it would have seemed fairer to just give us a penalty and maybe the yellow, but he seemed a long way from probable to me. Then we could have had an attacking line out on 5m with them a man down. The glory would have been better.

I also don’t understand why Mays clear arm lock with the other block on the ground didn’t make things a lot easier for Farrell and perhaps out have been penalised too.

dantsw13

England only kicked against Ireland and France because it was the right thing to do at the time. It keeps a defence honest (or should! France just kept rushing.)

Jones post match interview, he was asked if he expected sides to play differently to combat England’s kicking. He responded that if sides drop their wings back, then that will leave space elsewhere to exploit. Which is spot on imho.

I’d have no problem with Sinkler being binned, but the French bloke should have gone too. Replays on the day showed (on repeated playback) that, but the TMO and media didn’t pick it up.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’d have no problem with Sinkler being binned, but the French bloke should have gone too. Replays on the day showed (on repeated playback) that, but the TMO and media didn’t pick it up.

Yeah I don’t have a problem with that. Sinkler was winding him up, he reacted, and Sinkler overreacted.

Kryton57

Jones post match interview, he was asked if he expected sides to play differently to combat England’s kicking. He responded that if sides drop their wings back, then that will leave space elsewhere to exploit. Which is spot on imho.

This.   For the first time in a long time, Englands backs are smart and potent.  Dropping a wing out of defence with Tuilagi, Slade, May, Daly and Nowell in form as they are is pretty dangerous.

We’ve now shown we have options, ability, form and can strike, and its THAT that produces the nervous defence as we have genuine multiple ways of getting through them.

Personally I think we’ll be scrum/line out dominant vs Wales looking to shove them over / pens to the corners, yet remain outside them as a real threat if needs be.

dantsw13

I’m not sure we will dominate Wales in the forwards – we’ve been fairly equal there in recent years.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Mako out for the series, massive loss ☹️

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Awww, that’s a shame…

Kryton57

I’m not sure we will dominate Wales in the forwards

Well, I….

Mako out for the series,

…oh.

dantsw13

Mako & Maro out is a big loss. Possibly 2 of our best players. We have good depth though, and shouldn’t change too much.

tinybits
    Free Member

Agreed, but we know how good they both are, I’m interested to see Genge get tested on the largest stage, he’s a beast for Leicester, I can see him as Englands first choice for years to come

anagallis_arvensis

Mako out for the series, massive loss

Thats a shame, another proud valleys boi out of action!

anagallis_arvensis

Not good news for his cuzzy bro either.

Following further expert opinion, Bath Rugby can confirm that Taulupe Faletau will require further surgery on his right arm.

Director of Rugby, Todd Blackadder, said: “We’re gutted for Taulupe, but this is the best course of action for him moving forwards as a player.

“We will know more in terms of timeframes following the surgery, but we’re looking forward to welcoming him back into the squad.”

ElVino

All Wales need now is for Billy to get injured at training and Manu to break the team curfew and England are there for the taking.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.