Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,076 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2017/18.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HT @cheekyruck

Kryton57

Not really a surprise but England unchanged except for Hughes in at 8.   JJ starts to quell the running game and Two comes on at 60 to bash holes.  Fairly predictable from England.

5plusn8
    Free Member

That picture of Allanah-Gwen Jones has completely ruined all my dreams of me and Taylor Swift, I need to find another source of “inspiration”.

Personally I think England have looked a little fragile and Scotland are going to give us a very hard time. I reckon Scotland in the lead by half time and then a nail biter at the end. Could go either way.

I don’t follow the others to know enough but I too will be supporting Wales.

dannyh
    Free Member

The build-up to the Calcutta Cup game is woefully predictable!

Big, physical loose forward states that his team’s loose forwards are going to target the oppo’s ‘mercurial’* playmaking flyhalf.

Oppo coach issues thinly veiled warning to ref to allow his ‘mercurial’* playmaker to run the game.

Yawn.

*For ‘mercurial’ read ‘flaky’.

The expression on Hogg’s face as Russell waved Teddy Thomas through was priceless. Scotland only really won that game because they subbed off Flaky Finn.

Kryton57

And Townsend wants a meeting with the Ref as he’s spotted something in Englands defensive line.   Yeah, good luck have a chat with Nigel Owen’s Gregor…

dannyh
    Free Member

Pre-match meetings with officials should be banned.

Appropriate response:

”**** off mate, I’m the ref, you’re a coach. You stick to your job and I’ll stick to mine ta very much”.

Knowing Owens this is probably roughly what he’ll say anyway.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Yup, all too predictable.

Has there ever been a fly half who hasn’t been a target for the opposition back row? Wilkinson used to get singled out by Betson a lot when we played France etc.

Scotland need to outthink England, play their best ever game yada, yada ,blah blah…

We wont run away with it, last year was an anomaly. Scotland will make us work hard and will no doubt do us at the breakdown repeatedly now that English rugby as a whole had decided it can no longer be contested. Hopefully we’ll win.

Ireland missing Furlong and Henderson for the Welsh game. Slightly concerned that Wales are looking to revert to Warrenball which will be a shame because they’ve played some good rugby this tournament. I’ll b supporting Wales for sure this weekend.

tjagain

The thing is Russell relishes the challenge of being targetted as iut creates more space outside of thim.  Some of Scotlands best triues have come this way.  I’ll give 50 / 50 tho England get a yellow for a late hit on him and that at least once he leaves Farrell floundering

mindmap3
    Free Member

Russell has set the floundering standard this year with his attempt to tackle Thomas…😂

tjagain

Ouch = pass the fire extinguisher – I just got burnt 😉

gauss1777
    Free Member

Tj:

I’ll give 50 / 50 tho England get a yellow for a late hit on him and that at least once he leaves Farrell floundering

Real money or pretend? And do you mean you’ll give 50/50 that both will occur, or 50/50 for either as separate bets? I’m not a gambler, but I’d take that bet.

tjagain

the forfeit was worked out earlier – apparently if I lose I have to take on AA singlehanded.  the bet is that both will happen 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

if I lose I have to take on AA singlehanded

You’d lose

mindmap3
    Free Member

Sorry TJ, couldn’t help that one!

anagallis_arvensis

Bit shit this one!!

dantsw13

France are making good ground, but white line fever x 3

dantsw13

Or x 4!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Pretty dull this one. France look disjointed and are giving away lots of field position with silly errors or penalties. The crowd will start getting grumpy soon.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Wonder why these 2 are at the bottom of the table !

tjagain

Mindmap – it was a good burn 😉

In other more interesting news – Edinburgh win again! With a bonus point! Glasgow lose  WTF is happening in Scottish Rugby?

gordimhor

Head says England will win,  heart says get intae them Scotland

mindmap3
    Free Member

Red Roses beat Scotland ladies but England U20’s lost after being in the lead at half time. Hmmmmm. I really can’t call tomorrow.

Cracking try by Italy.

Stoner
    Free Member

Sport index had pricing on FRAvITA bang on then at 16-19

Missed the mmatchas was flying bub sounds like didn’t miss much

tjagain

Scotland u20s beat England?  that was unexpected seeing as the scottish squad are mainly schoolkids ( as the best u20 scots are playing for the full side or their clubs)

gauss1777
    Free Member

Here we go. Unfortunately I don’t see Wales winning today, let’s hope it’s a great game.

anagallis_arvensis

Anthems are a bit muted, maybe its the sound recording

Kryton57

Cmon Wales!

anagallis_arvensis

Cracking pass

anagallis_arvensis

Ref doesnt seem to like Wales does he.

Irish co commentator trying to blame Biggar for Shingler giving away a pen!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Nice 😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

Sexton hasn’t brought his kicking boots has he?!

Hard to believe that Wales are infront!

IdleJon

Sexton trying to gouge while handing off (seriously he is such an unpleasant player. Pretty much the only player in the world who I’d applaud for breaking his leg).

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Aki having a poor start.  Interesting that Ireland are using really sharp flat passes in Wales’s 22.  Previous games they seem to have run out of ideas when they get close, I wonder if this is their answer.  Not sure how Wales are winning but it will keep the game lively.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

White line fever for Ireland.

anagallis_arvensis

Good game so far. Ireland getting round the blitz at will..

gauss1777
    Free Member

Ref doesnt seem to like Wales does he.

I don’t understand the rules well enough, but it does appear that way.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is it just me, or do Ireland seem to be getting away with a lot at the breakdown. Last attack, I thought that there was a clear no arms clearout, and then also a neck roll on AWJ

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure its worth bothering with us coming out for the second half given the refs “interpretations”

IdleJon

Ffs Ireland are getting away with anything they want, whether it’s obstruction, offside,  doing anything in the breakdown, holding on the floor. Jackson is the only reason that Ireland are winning because he’s not applying a single law to Ireland.

He penalised Shingler for offside a few minutes ago. Shingler was onside but a fat Irish forward flopped through the ruck and (illegally) collapsed on Wales’ side so it looked like Shingler became offside despite not having moved.

tjagain

Tom – you can see loads of infringements the ref misses in every game.  Clothesline tackle on a  Irish back for one and Navidis use of the creative patented John Jeffries offside line 😉  Wales lying all over the ball in their goalline defense as well.  Lucky not to see yellow for repeated infringments on the line.  Not saying Ireland are innocent but a ref if he saw and whistled for everything would be stopping the game every tackle just about

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 4,076 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2017/18.’ is closed to new replies.